• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have Bird rights on Dirk. they can sign others and then sign him even if they go over the cap

I don't think this is accurate. They were saying on the radio that Dirk will be the first one to sign. They gave a reason for it. It sounded complicated, and I've forgotten it now.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowitzki has a cap hold of $23.8 million to retain his Bird rights in free agency. Marion's cap hold is $13.9 million, Carter's is $6 million, and Blair and Harris both have a cap hold of roughly $915,000, according to ShamSports. With the salary cap projected to be around $63.2 million for next season, the Mavericks really don't have any cap space unless they renounce the rights to their free agents.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...owitzki-is-not-expecting-kobes-deal-from-mavs

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowitzki has a cap hold of $23.8 million to retain his Bird rights in free agency. Marion's cap hold is $13.9 million, Carter's is $6 million, and Blair and Harris both have a cap hold of roughly $915,000, according to ShamSports. With the salary cap projected to be around $63.2 million for next season, the Mavericks really don't have any cap space unless they renounce the rights to their free agents.

In free agency, Dirk Nowitzki is not expecting 'Kobe's deal' from Mavs - CBSSports.com

Yeah they were talking about the cap hold. Marion can go. I would like to keep Carter if we can.

You're right on Diaw. Definitely worth a shot.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, prediction time. Do the Mavs:

A) Do the seemingly impossible and land one of the two big fish (LeBron or Melo)

B) Land 1-2 next tier targets like Gasol, Parsons, Ariza, etc.

C) Sign multiple 3rd tier guys like Jameer Nelson, Diaw, etc.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely D

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports world needs more people like Dirk...consummate professional who puts his team first...:yahoo:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports world needs more people like Dirk...consummate professional who puts his team first...:yahoo:

I will be thrilled to watch that guy retire in a Mavs uniform, if that is the way it all ends up. Great team guy, and a true professional as you say.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs seem to be closing in on a deal with VC. During the season I wanted to keep VC and let Marion walk. We will need his 3 pt. shooting after trading Calderon.

On another note: Bosh might be willing to take the Rockets max offer. I don't see how they would be able to afford Parson's if he did. This could help the Mavs. He is at the top of my list, and then Lance.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources tell Marc Stein of ESPN.com that the Mavs and Chandler Parsons have reached an agreement on an offer sheet for three years and over $45MM. Parsons will sign the offer sheet early Thursday, and the Rockets will have three days to match the deal for their restricted free agent.

I think HOU will match, but we could end up with Stephenson which is 2nd on my list.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources tell Marc Stein of ESPN.com that the Mavs and Chandler Parsons have reached an agreement on an offer sheet for three years and over $45MM. Parsons will sign the offer sheet early Thursday, and the Rockets will have three days to match the deal for their restricted free agent.

I think HOU will match, but we could end up with Stephenson which is 2nd on my list.

It all depends on LeBron. There's 3 scenarios which could play out:

A) LBJ goes to Cleveland, then Bosh goes to Houston. At that point Houston has to decide if they also really want to commit that much to Parsons, thus forcing them to trade Lin AND have nothing left to fill out all remaining roster spots. I'd say in this scenario, it's about 50% odds Mavs get Parsons.

B) LBJ stays in Miami, then Bosh stays in Miami. Houston then matches the offer for Parsons. In this scenario, I'd only put the Mavs' chances at keeping Parsons at around 5-10% (very slight chance that Houston just doesn't want to pay Parsons that much per year)

C) LBJ drags out his decision past Sunday. The Rockets would then be at the 3-day matching deadline for Parsons and would then have to choose between Parsons and Bosh because at that point they couldn't have both. It's anyone's guess whether they would rather have Parsons at 15M per year or Bosh at 20+M per year.

As for Stephenson, I want absolutely NO part of him. None. By all accounts he is a complete head case and borderline crazy. He's not just some troubled guy with an attitude who the Mavs could fix like Van Exel. He was despised by the entire Pacers team and frequently caused problems in the locker room. PJ Carlesimo said on ESPN Radio this morning that Stephenson was the one guy in the NBA he'd want no part of, and I'm inclined to agree. The Mavs just don't need that kind of headache. Sign Ariza or Deng instead and get a good teammate who has similar skills.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys talking about the same Chandler Parsons who was at best a 4th option in Houston? How the fuck is that guy worth 3-45? What a shitty season Dallas is in for if Houston doesn't match this contract offer. Then again Dallas is probably in for a shitty season either way, because Cubes was just too damn proud after 2011 to admit that his way was wrong.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys talking about the same Chandler Parsons who was at best a 4th option in Houston? How the fuck is that guy worth 3-45? What a shitty season Dallas is in for if Houston doesn't match this contract offer. Then again Dallas is probably in for a shitty season either way, because Cubes was just too damn proud after 2011 to admit that his way was wrong.

3rd option? Behind Harden and Howard and even Howard is a stretch bc Parsons can actually create his own offense

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd option? Behind Harden and Howard and even Howard is a stretch bc Parsons can actually create his own offense

If Chandler Parsons is your third option, you are probably not a scary team. Hello 48 wins and a first round exit!

Also it's not hard to create your own offense when Harden and Howard are on your team. They take way more attention from the defense. I don't see Dirk and Ellis as being as foreboding for defense's to manage.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chandler Parsons is your third option, you are probably not a scary team. Hello 48 wins and a first round exit!

Also it's not hard to create your own offense when Harden and Howard are on your team. They take way more attention from the defense. I don't see Dirk and Ellis as being as foreboding for defense's to manage.

Agree to disagree then, moving on