• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we know... the price of QB’s in the NFL NEVER goes down. The sooner his deal gets done the better for the Cowboys and the sooner we all move on the the next QB that fans don’t believe is worth $30M.
Agree, but the sooner we do the deal the sooner we start the big cap hits too. Let's say Dak plays here 10 years. That's an additional high $ year over that 10 year period of a high cap hit. So maybe that offsets the additional cap $ hit per year of waiting another year in the long run? I have no problem signing Dak long term right now. My only issue is we don't Need to this year. If he wants top $ we can wait. If he wants to give something up to get a guaranteed huge dollar deal now then I would do it immediately.:2cents:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we know... the price of QB’s in the NFL NEVER goes down. The sooner his deal gets done the better for the Cowboys and the sooner we all move on the the next QB that fans don’t believe is worth $30M.
Been way to long.
A championship trumps all this doom and gloom money concerns

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but the sooner we do the deal the sooner we start the big cap hits too. Let's say Dak plays here 10 years. That's an additional high $ year over that 10 year period of a high cap hit. So maybe that offsets the additional cap $ hit per year of waiting another year in the long run? I have no problem signing Dak long term right now. My only issue is we don't Need to this year. If he wants top $ we can wait. If he wants to give something up to get a guaranteed huge dollar deal now then I would do it immediately.:2cents:

I’m not suggesting doing anything without negotiating the best possible deal. That’s up to Stephen and Dak’s people. But in the end, the market is the market. And if the Cowboys believe he is the leader most feel he is, then you don’t put this off.

Just my $0.02... FWIW

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not suggesting doing anything without negotiating the best possible deal. That’s up to Stephen and Dak’s people. But in the end, the market is the market. And if the Cowboys believe he is the leader most feel he is, then you don’t put this off.

Just my $0.02... FWIW
I think they sign him long term before the season starts. I think they want the team to know they believe in him as much as they do. Getting this contract done now does that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my $0.02... FWIW
It's funny now how everyone finally realized he is a leader but he's been that same guy the whole time. He didn't all of a sudden in the offseason became a leader. But, that doesn't impact signing him now versus next year.

What I am saying is if he will only accept max value then there is no hurry to sign him. If he understands that his options are a little discount below that max and get rich today or play another year for $2M and he doesn't want to take a little less now, then you just play it out and wait a year and give him his max value then. I'd just put it on the table and leave it up to him. He isn't going anywhere so there is no rush. Nothing wrong with him wanting his max value and nothing wrong with the team waiting another year. The idea (all over here and social media in general) all of a sudden that a deal must get done this year or it means we don't have faith in Dak is perplexing. Dak is here long term and waiting to sign him is not showing less faith in him at all, it's just dealing with the business side of things.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny now how everyone finally realized he is a leader but he's been that same guy the whole time. He didn't all of a sudden in the offseason became a leader.
I think most all cowboy fans knew of his leadership skills his rookie year when every player mentioned it in interviews throughout the season. BUT when Darren Woodson (great leader himself) goes on the radio and say's he's never seen a better leader than Dak, that's pretty special

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most all cowboy fans knew of his leadership skills his rookie year when every player mentioned it in interviews throughout the season. BUT when Darren Woodson (great leader himself) goes on the radio and say's he's never seen a better leader than Dak, that's pretty special
I agree. Even back then we heard how he commanded the huddle and had everyone's respect and that was a kid that wasn't even the #2 QB in the Summer. He is just a born leader. He has his flaws but that and his guts and desire more than make up for them. Those two huge runs (Saints game and Sea game) were just flat out guts and determination. IMO he has the "it factor".

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s when it was evident to me that he had “something” that transitioned your typical rookie. His teammates almost to a man were so respectful toward him. And even when he (in the eyes of many) took a step back in Year 2, almost everyone (with the exception of a certain WR who plies his trade in N.O. now) had his back.

As far as I’m concerned, I’ve seen what I need to see. The eye test says he has “it”. Woody’s endorsement is just another feather in the cap. Let’s see how he continues to grow into the role.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Even back then we heard how he commanded the huddle and had everyone's respect and that was a kid that wasn't even the #2 QB in the Summer. He is just a born leader. He has his flaws but that and his guts and desire more than make up for them. Those two huge runs (Saints game and Sea game) were just flat out guts and determination. IMO he has the "it factor".

I agree he has the IT factor. I haven't seen so much determination since Troy at QB

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of you weren’t able to see him play in college on a weekly basis. I was fortunate enough to get to see the show every game. He was amazing.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love Dak but how much worse/better are we letting him walk and spreading that $30 million around/drafting someone?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love Dak but how much worse/better are we letting him walk and spreading that $30 million around/drafting someone?
I like Dak as the Cowboys quarterback but if giving him 30M cost us Amari, Zeke and others then I say NO to him. Dak is not worth 30M AAV.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a valid point and the process you go through for every FA, but the discussion begins (and for now) ends with who plays QB for us the day Dak leaves? If we had a guy on the roster ready to step in I'd be more willing to entertain that thought. I'm not going to assume we draft a QB to replace Dak in a future year as that is too much of a crap shoot. Once a suitable replacement or FA signing is on board that discussion can take place. As we sit here today our QB if we let Dak go would be Mike White, Cooper Rush or unknown draft pick. As a Cowboy fan I just can't get behind that at any cost. But, this is part of why I don't give Dak top $ if it's my call this year since he has another year on his contract - but the main reason is to hopefully get him to sign for a little less. That gives us 12 months to figure out if we bring in someone else via draft or FA, Franchise Tag Dak or pony up the $$$. I suspect Dak's play this year will convince us all that ponying up the money and paying Dak will ultimately be the best choice :2cents:

I like Dak as the Cowboys quarterback but if giving him 30M cost us Amari, Zeke and others then I say NO to him. Dak is not worth 30M AAV.

Dak is the single most important player on this team. With or without Zeke or Amari we are a playoff contender. Without Dak we are looking at a top 5 draft pick:2cents:

He doesn't cost us those two and others. We clearly aren't resigning every FA. Right now I think the guy out the door is Collins if anyone shows they can play RT. If Dak and everyone else signs for top $ it likely costs us one more FA (Jones?) or maybe some in house cuts on existing guys like Crawford and not resigning some older vets like Lee and Witten. We have a ton of cap space. We likely only see the impact of 1/5 of the signing bonus against this year's cap for these guys as they all have a year plus to go on their contracts. So we probably aren't looking at a huge 2019 cap hit on any of them. It is imperative that we keep hitting on our draft picks to allow us to keep bringing in cheap talent.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at what SF and Minny are currently paying for good QB play. Look at where the QB salaries are headed and let me know what YOU think Dallas should pay Dak.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at what SF and Minny are currently paying for good QB play. Look at where the QB salaries are headed and let me know what YOU think Dallas should pay Dak.
I would offer between 20 to 24M AAV closer to the 20 than the 24.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully you're not in that position.

1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million
2. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million
3. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million
4, Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million
5. 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million
6. Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
7. Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million
8. Saints QB Drew Brees: $25 million
9. Colts QB Andrew Luck: $24.6 million
10. Redskins QB Alex Smith: $23.5 million

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with you saying this is what you personally would offer him because it's your opinion, but clearly you don't want him here if you think there is any chance whatsoever that he only signs for that and/or that is all you would offer him. It's just not realistic to think a QB that has more wins over the last 3 years (and his only 3 years so he should improve) than everyone but Brady, one of the top 10 QB ratings of all time, won his division in 2 out of his 3 years and won Rookie of the year is going to sign for that little.

I heard a great stat today for those of you who think Zeke is the reason why Dak has any success. Zeke has one more TD rushing over the past two years than Dak does.