• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is the best player on the team outside of maybe Martin. I'd lock him up through age 29-30

I just believe this line can make a lot of backs look good, and if Elliott is going to keep on doing idiotic shit away from the team he will miss more games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is the best player on the team outside of maybe Martin. I'd lock him up through age 29-30
I wouldn't have a problem with Elliot here to age 30 and yes, he's most likely the best player, but he's not the reason why this team wins. Walter Payton showed that all those years ago. Gotto have more than just the best RB in football to win championships.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's pretty short sided opinion you have there scotty....you been hanging with your friends on the ranger board to long with that question.

Two Points:

Jerry's biggest problem was paying everyone and he stayed in cap hell. Good team in today's market realize you can't keep the whole band together, and I think the Dallas brass understand this. Now the hard part is understanding which guys are must keeps and which are replaceable. I don't see how it's just Dak and the oline as you seem to indicate here.

Dallas went 3 & 3 when Elliott served his suspension, and I think we woulda won another game if Smith wasn't hurt. I know we would have fared better if we had the defense we did last year. Morris did just fine with Elliott out. I'm starting to think as good as Elliott is, he's not a guy you lock up long term. I also think you need a playmaker at receiver, rather that's Cooper or another guy, I can't say but Dallas found out the hard way the first 8 games last year and not likely to be that stupid again. Don't sleep on Gallup. He showed well last year as the season went on and should be much better this year and beyond.

I think Dak gets paid and also leaves a little on the table, but to think he takes 20M is just wrong. I'm sure it will work out.
All you say maybe true but Dak is not a 30+M AAV quarterback. In 2 or 3 years maybe but not right now

Reactions: GNG

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you say maybe true but Dak is not a 30+M AAV quarterback. In 2 or 3 years maybe but not right now
you act like it's your money and yes, everything I've said is true. Price of doing business in today's NFL.

It's about winning a championship....nothing else matters

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you act like it's your money and yes, everything I've said is true. Price of doing business in today's NFL.

It's about winning a championship....nothing else matters
And if you can't keep key players because of overpaying one then you aren't going win that championship unless that one player can throw, catch, run and play defense

Reactions: GNG

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right or wrong doesn’t matter. The price of a starting NFL QB never goes down, my friend.

Never.
and I'm saying that something like 22M, 24M, 26M, 28M + 30M team option + 32M team option should be what's offered. That is 4 years $100M with 62M in team options and 60M signing bonus. If he doesn't like that then let him walk after we franchise him twice

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but wouldn't this contract still be in play in 2 or 3 years?

I love it if he signs for less, but I doubt it happens.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott is the guy I'd let walk first.

I I truely believe with the run blocking this line provides we don't need the best RB out there, and I see Morris as the measuring stick to show it.
I really think if we have to let someone walk it will be B. Jones 1st.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a long term contract this would still be true. In fact a couple years after that as well.
You are supposed to sign a guy for what he is going to be. Not for what he was. So dont look now, but you are saying he is worth a 30+mil. a year contract with that statement.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm saying that something like 22M, 24M, 26M, 28M + 30M team option + 32M team option should be what's offered. That is 4 years $100M with 62M in team options and 60M signing bonus. If he doesn't like that then let him walk after we franchise him twice

So you expect him to sign a 5 year 26M per deal.

Ain't happening.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think if we have to let someone walk it will be B. Jones 1st.
Collins first. Jones is probably 2nd as we sit here today, but If he is a top 5 CB again this year then it comes down to what Awuzie and the others do before you can let him go. You just don't find top CBs that easily. RBs are much easier to find and so are RTs. If the Cooper rumors about what he is asking for are true then you just can't keep him. He isn't a top 10 WR and you can't break the bank on him. He is very good and makes this Offense better, but you can't just pay guys whatever they want. I look at it as half about what each guy wants and half about their value to the team. If Player A is willing to sign a reasonable deal and player B isn't then you let player B go and wish him luck. You can always find a replacement in free agency if you don't have one on the team. Plus we will cut guys to free up space too.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you can't keep key players because of overpaying one then you aren't going win that championship unless that one player can throw, catch, run and play defense
I'm sorry but this post is just stupid
read the thread!

A) you can't keep um all
B) you can pay Dak and keep "key" players
C) you're acting like Dak getting 30M won't allow us to keep anyone

Good Night

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree on making the playoffs with Foles part because I don't think we would, but that wasn't my point. My point was the first part you hit on...we do have "scrub backups", so if anyone is planning on letting Dak walk that must be part of the decision. Until I see a QB that is worth running out there 16 weeks a year on this team to step in, I can't let Dak go

A few years ago we thought that we had scrubs for back up. The best of the bunch was a noodle arm kellen. Everyone wrote us off, even those who are ardent Dallas fans.

And I am not saying we have another Dak in the wings waiting for an injury, just that first stringers get all the attention and reps so sometimes we don't know what you got until they get a real chance.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got 3 good years out of Dak at a bargain.
I'm not sure I agree on making the playoffs with Foles part because I don't think we would, but that wasn't my point. My point was the first part you hit on...we do have "scrub backups", so if anyone is planning on letting Dak walk that must be part of the decision. Until I see a QB that is worth running out there 16 weeks a year on this team to step in, I can't let Dak go
There were some that wanted Rush to replace Dak when the team started out 3-5. That would have been a mistake. Rush looked good in pre season a few years ago against 3rd stringers. Rush was exposed last year in the pre season when he went against a defense that was playing its starters. Rush just does not have the arm to be an NFL QB. Mike White I dont know about.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago we thought that we had scrubs for back up. The best of the bunch was a noodle arm kellen. Everyone wrote us off, even those who are ardent Dallas fans.

And I am not saying we have another Dak in the wings waiting for an injury, just that first stringers get all the attention and reps so sometimes we don't know what you got until they get a real chance.
I know it is going to sound morbid, but I honestly was glad when Moore got hurt. I wanted to see Dak get those reps and be Romos backup. Moore just did not have the arm to be an NFL QB