• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is going to sound morbid, but I honestly was glad when Moore got hurt. I wanted to see Dak get those reps and be Romos backup. Moore just did not have the arm to be an NFL QB
no Moore didn't have the arm but he sure had the head for the game, hence his rapid move to OC.

People forget that Moore threw for over 400 yards against the Jets.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a long term contract this would still be true. In fact a couple years after that as well.
You are supposed to sign a guy for what he is going to be. Not for what he was. So dont look now, but you are saying he is worth a 30+mil. a year contract with that statement.
In 2, 3 or 4 years yes

Reactions: GNG

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you expect him to sign a 5 year 26M per deal.

Ain't happening.
And you expect the team to give him somewhere around 32-34M per. How does the team continue to grow when the other stud players move onto other teams because the Cowboys have tied up huge parts of their cap on 1 or 2 players. Say goodbye to Smith, Vander Eshe and others

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is going to sound morbid, but I honestly was glad when Moore got hurt. I wanted to see Dak get those reps and be Romos backup. Moore just did not have the arm to be an NFL QB

It was painful to watch him throw an out pattern. My grandma could int one of those.

Reactions: GNG

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you expect the team to give him somewhere around 32-34M per. How does the team continue to grow when the other stud players move onto other teams because the Cowboys have tied up huge parts of their cap on 1 or 2 players. Say goodbye to Smith, Vander Eshe and others

No I, think the team will sign him for at least 30M per year.

IMO hes a Franchise QB therefore he deserves Franchise QB money.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins first. Jones is probably 2nd as we sit here today, but If he is a top 5 CB again this year then it comes down to what Awuzie and the others do before you can let him go. You just don't find top CBs that easily. RBs are much easier to find and so are RTs. If the Cooper rumors about what he is asking for are true then you just can't keep him. He isn't a top 10 WR and you can't break the bank on him. He is very good and makes this Offense better, but you can't just pay guys whatever they want. I look at it as half about what each guy wants and half about their value to the team. If Player A is willing to sign a reasonable deal and player B isn't then you let player B go and wish him luck. You can always find a replacement in free agency if you don't have one on the team. Plus we will cut guys to free up space too.

Zeke is special but he gonna lose time if he can't stop being an 18 year old. even with 8 in the box he was a hundred yard getter. B. Jones was asked to do too much but when he landed in his rightful spot he was one of the very best in the business, and the best for about half the season. I am not as enamored with Collins as I first was, but then again, he seems to be playing out of position. I could see making a case for him to not resign but the one I zero in on is Cooper. I am not married to him at all. Helped the team last year and cost a first but he would be my first casualty if his demands don't come down.

I pay Dak, even though I am gonna bitch about it, I pay him.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Moore didn't have the arm but he sure had the head for the game, hence his rapid move to OC.

People forget that Moore threw for over 400 yards against the Jets.

I love Kellen. And you are right he has a head for the game and heady players can help win games even when their body is not as talented as others. But watching him make some of those throws were painful. You could use a sundial to time his wind up and throw.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LVE is locked up for 3 more years. I am not worried about re-signing him. Smith is a shell of himself right now and I am worried about the position. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him returning to his old self.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LVE is locked up for 3 more years. I am not worried about re-signing him. Smith is a shell of himself right now and I am worried about the position. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him returning to his old self.
I think he meant Jaylon. Problem is his argument "Smith, Vander Eshe and others" is wrong as paying Dak 4 to 6M average over 5 years wont be at the expense of that many players. IMO we'll lose one of the guys immediately coming up on contract?
They'll let one walk and replace him with a guy on a rookie deal. There's your 6M.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant Jaylon. Problem is his argument "Smith, Vander Eshe and others" is wrong as paying Dak 4 to 6M average over 5 years wont be at the expense of that many players. IMO we'll lose one of the guys immediately coming up on contract?
They'll let one walk and replace him with a guy on a rookie deal. There's your 6M.

I am LOL at myself, I always call him jaylon and never think of his last name.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CORRECT!!
Scotty's doom and gloom shit about 6M is tiresome and plain ass wrong.

Can Not Keep Everyone but the key players will all be retained. This bull shit about losing Vander Eshe is just that,,,BULL SHIT!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but this post is just stupid
read the thread!

A) you can't keep um all
B) you can pay Dak and keep "key" players
C) you're acting like Dak getting 30M won't allow us to keep anyone

Good Night
Maybe not anyone but other key players see us overpay for Dak an
I really think if we have to let someone walk it will be B. Jones 1st.
and then Zeke followed by Smith and maybe Vander Esch

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CORRECT!!

Can Not Keep Everyone but the key players will all be retained. This bull shit about losing Vander Eshe is just that,,,BULL SHIT!
sorry you feel that my thoughts are nothing but doom and gloom. I guess we will have to wait and see who we lose over the next few years

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry you feel that my thoughts are nothing but doom and gloom. I guess we will have to wait and see who we lose over the next few years

"and then Zeke followed by Smith and maybe Vander Esch"

yep....doom & gloom

Elliott is here another 3 years regardless, Smith will be retained and Vander Esch just finished his rookie season.

Some will go but not the folks you keep pointing out, that Sir is big time doom & gloom

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not anyone but other key players see us overpay for Dak an

and then Zeke followed by Smith and maybe Vander Esch

You can lose Dak and sign all the others you want. Problem is odds are ONE guy coming up for a new deal will be gone.
Now you have to decide who walks.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"and then Zeke followed by Smith and maybe Vander Esch"

yep....doom & gloom

Elliott is here another 3 years regardless, Smith will be retained and Vander Esch just finished his rookie season.

Some will go but not the folks you keep pointing out, that Sir is big time doom & gloom
pragmatic maybe

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CORRECT!!

And with the cap going up an average of $10M per season, it isn’t like there will be additional cushion to insure “key players” will be retained. All this hew and cry about not being able to keep the players they want to keep is simply “crying wolf.”

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to get Dak signed. It would be in the cowboys best interest to let Collins play RT all season and then let him walk and get a nice comp pick. Mcgovern is going to be the LG sooner than later. William's can move to RT
. If Mcclay stays I am confident this team is going to continue draft well and losing players wont hurt as bad