• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass fanboys with dumbass Brady takes... can’t make it up.
I mean...if Dak were asking $40 and wouldn't budge, then the Cowboys will have no choice but to tag him and at least plan on other possible contingencies, but two guys who are nearly as old as I am shouldn't be their top choice

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...if Dak were asking $40 and wouldn't budge, then the Cowboys will have no choice but to tag him and at least plan on other possible contingencies, but two guys who are nearly as old as I am shouldn't be their top choice
Not to mention if Dak is tagged Dallas can't afford Brady or Rivers

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dak he is a really good QB with the potential to be a better with the right teachers around him. You can’t fault his leadership skills not being the wrong guy wrong place ala Johnny football or even zeke. This a business on both sides I don’t fault him wanting to get his $$$ and I don’t fault Jerry tryinG to pay the least amount he can.
To me if they tag him and he holds out I’m done. Time to move on. You can try and trade him if you can and get what you can. The pie is only so big and the NFL is set up to win with a cheap really good QB once they get paid its window closed with out Bill Bellichick type coaching and even then other players have to buy in to taking less for the chance at a ring and that will catch up also. See the PATS, GB,Rams, Eagles for examples.
Dallas is about to be top heavy on contracts again. With ZEKE and Lawrence and the OL you just can’t pay everybody top dollar.
QB is the most important you have one or you don’t. BUT when your QB eats up close to 20% of your cap space your team is left to scramble trying to fill in and catch the genie in the bottle 1 year to win it all. Can it be done sure it can but the odds say it’s not going to happen most of the time.

now before I get killed for hating on Dak I don’t now and won’t if he signs for big $$ but Dallas will have a hard time competing IMHO if he signs a blockbuster contract.

Jerry has done some things I would not have contract wise. I would not have signed Lawrence or ZEKE or Smith to those extensions but that’s me and I don’t own the team but with that money you could pay Dak pickup a running back in the draft and another LB and some really high value FA while you look to replace DE.
Thats 1 way and I am not saying the right way and I know you guys have 5000 others.

We will see how things turn out but for now lots to ponder until things heat up one way or another.

JMHO

I would have signed DLaw. Not zeke. IMHO that is how I would have let it go down. I love zeke but that was some bullshit. He got what he wanted though and that was not a smart move on jj part.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if they were their top choice over Dak and haven't seen anyone say that. Maybe they are or aren't the top choices after Dak, but you better darn well think that if Dak plays it to the point where they start looking at plan B and C (whatever point that is) that this is the year there are indeed other options. It's not Dak or Rush this year. I think it is 95% that they don't move on from Dak but I'm ecstatic that if they do there are options WAAAAAAYYYYYY better than Cooper Rush out there and it isn't just the two 40year olds either. You can't let players hold you hostage. We are assuming Dak isn't doing that, but the reality is no one knows if he is or isn't other than a handful of people. Some are pretending as if they know he is and some are pretending they know he isn't and both are just as flat out wrong because none of them know. I doubt the $40M number came out of thin air. I also feel pretty confident that whatever brought that number out was taken out of context because Dak can't be that dumb. I think we all know the sweet spot is over $32M and probably under $35M. Whichever side (maybe both!) is outside of those parameters is the problem IMO

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to fanboys... shut the fuck up and go away.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to fanboys... shut the fuck up and go away.

I'd say unless the Pats find a way to get themselves a QB in his first few years in the league or figure out a way to trade into the top 5 of this draft that Brady will be the guy in NE again. There is no rationale for them to move on from Brady to another vet. What do they gain from that and what would he gain from that

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read and the more I listen to the alleged in the know people I become more convinced that this is heading into train wreck territory. Not from what they say or espouse from their vaunted opinions but from the read between the lines. Dak is playing chicken with Jerry and Stephen and Vise-Versa. My opinion is if they have to tag Dak and I’m convinced they will have 2. This season will be his last in Dallas because of the bad blood it will cause.

I would not pay anymore than what I think he is worth not a frigging penny. They lost the stalemate with Zeke and that has just emboldened Dak.

The theory of the next QB makes more money no matter the talent is that it’s a load of BULLSHIT.we used to think that about the number 1 pick in the draft until the owners finally got smart and pushed the Rookie wage scale through. I really like Dak but he is not worth 35 million a year. At some point some owner is going to say this is not working anymore and decide to let the good but not elite QB walk when his contract demands exceed his worth to the team. If you have to have a 12 million dollar a year RB a 17 million dollar WR and the highest paid OL in football to make a 35 million dollar a year QB look good. Your team is going to be screwed up because you can’t pay for the solid replacements for the games when your million dollar players get hurt.

First I find and hire a QB Draft guru hire him a team and that’s all their job is to evaluate QB play to find my team the next elite QB.

I let Dak walk pick a QB up in FA and work on Drafting a QB for my future with the knowledge unless he is a Brady, Mahomes Aikman Montana etc my team will not pay elite money for just very good QB play. And I bet my team would not be the only one to do so. It would take a lot of nerve for the Cowboys to do so and I don’t think they have it.

I know I will get skewered for this opinion and it’s just my opinion but when you really think about it objectively it makes way more sense than what we are doing now in the NFL.
JMHO

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read and the more I listen to the alleged in the know people I become more convinced that this is heading into train wreck territory. Not from what they say or espouse from their vaunted opinions but from the read between the lines. Dak is playing chicken with Jerry and Stephen and Vise-Versa. My opinion is if they have to tag Dak and I’m convinced they will have 2. This season will be his last in Dallas because of the bad blood it will cause.

I would not pay anymore than what I think he is worth not a frigging penny. They lost the stalemate with Zeke and that has just emboldened Dak.

The theory of the next QB makes more money no matter the talent is that it’s a load of BULLSHIT.we used to think that about the number 1 pick in the draft until the owners finally got smart and pushed the Rookie wage scale through. I really like Dak but he is not worth 35 million a year. At some point some owner is going to say this is not working anymore and decide to let the good but not elite QB walk when his contract demands exceed his worth to the team. If you have to have a 12 million dollar a year RB a 17 million dollar WR and the highest paid OL in football to make a 35 million dollar a year QB look good. Your team is going to be screwed up because you can’t pay for the solid replacements for the games when your million dollar players get hurt.

First I find and hire a QB Draft guru hire him a team and that’s all their job is to evaluate QB play to find my team the next elite QB.

I let Dak walk pick a QB up in FA and work on Drafting a QB for my future with the knowledge unless he is a Brady, Mahomes Aikman Montana etc my team will not pay elite money for just very good QB play. And I bet my team would not be the only one to do so. It would take a lot of nerve for the Cowboys to do so and I don’t think they have it.

I know I will get skewered for this opinion and it’s just my opinion but when you really think about it objectively it makes way more sense than what we are doing now in the NFL.
JMHO

like I said during the cousins fiasco, if these qbs are going to want 20% of the available cap and they’re not elite. Might as well just draft one every 4 yrs and spend the money on the rest of the team until you find the elite

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks very likely that the Cowboys will franchise Dak and then try and work out a deal later.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks very likely that the Cowboys will franchise Dak and then try and work out a deal later.
I always thought that this was what was gonna happen.
Not sure a deal gets done before Mar. 10th which case Cowboys fran tag him. Then hopefully get the deal done before the draft.

Reactions: GNG

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said during the cousins fiasco, if these qbs are going to want 20% of the available cap and they’re not elite. Might as well just draft one every 4 yrs and spend the money on the rest of the team until you find the elite
lol....it's worked out well for the skins
Question....Have the skins ever had an elite QB?
Slingin Sammy doesn't count

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....it's worked out well for the skins
Question....Have the skins ever had an elite QB?
Slingin Sammy doesn't count

Not really. So hopefully they’re due. On another note if Haskins turns out to be no better than Dak I’m not wanting the skins to make him the highest paid when that time comes. They can definitely win with Dak as long as they can afford to keep the other pieces. You took your shot so I took mine a little. I guess both things are fairly true though