• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does Dak have around him?

Travis Fredrick
5 Time Pro Bowl
1 Time 1st team All Pro
1 Time 2nd Team All Pro

Zack Martin
6 Time Pro Bowl
4 Time 1st Team All Pro
2 Time 2nd Team All Pro

Tyron Smith
7 Time Pro Bowl
2 Time 1st Team All Pro
2 Time 2nd Team All Pro

Lael Collins

Conner Williams

Amari Cooper
4 Time Pro Bowl

Michael Gallup
One of the most underrated WRs in the NFL

Zeke Elliot
3 Time Pro Bowl
1st Team All Pro
2 Time NFL Rushing Leader

Randall Cobb (solid slot WR)
had Cole Beasley (former COWBOY 3rd down expert)

Jason Witten
11 Time Pro Bowl
2 Time 1st Team Pro Bowl
Future HOFer

Dak gets to drive a Ferrari?

The COWBOY'S playoff record is 1 Win - 2 Losses with Prescott.

Prescott's stats, are very eerily similar, to a former COWBOY QB.....His initials are T.R.

I would be far more comfortable with giving him a franchise tag......to see how he performs in 2020......
All that is true, but I don't get the point. We also had the best Offense in the league last year and 6% more total yards than the next closest team. Those guys were all reasons (although your Witten line shows your anti-Dak agenda. Like he is still that player :L) but the biggest reason BY FAR was Dak.

I'm all for tagging Dak if the two sides can't come to an agreement but if we do that we need a plan B that we are willing to implement because it is obviously going to piss off Dak if we tag him and he likely will sit out as well. So we need to be ready to bring in another QB and then pull the tag (cap won't allow both) and let Dak go elsewhere and if we do that we better well be damn sure that we are ready to deal with moving on without him. You guys criticize Dak but be careful what you wish for because you may just get it.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure....why not? I bet Dak's side wouldn't mind that at all. Dak plays well again and the tag is now 40M, thus the negotiations start at 40M per.

There is a big difference between 40 mil and 200+ mil guaranteed.

AAA Man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Dak to a huge contract is going to really damage the Cowboys' roster. Their talent was already overstated the past two years, and now they're not going to be able to keep guys or get any other free agents if they pay Dak. It's not a good situation if they want to really contend in the NFC.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this could be true with one huge exception. Dak is a great leader throughout the team while Tony had his posse
That's opinion...
When Prescott plays with a punctured lung (49ers) or cracked bones in his back (Redskins) like Romo did, let me know.
Both games, Romo won.
Leadership, is most times by example, not talk.

The COWBOYS with Prescott, like with Romo, haven't done much in post season.
And it's time, for supposedly "great potential", to succeed.

The Packers have learned by giving Rogers big money...... he doesn't have much around him.

Other players COWBOY'S FAs may have to sign
Amari Cooper
Randall Cobb
Maliek Collins
Robert Quinn
Sean Lee
Kai Forbath
Safties
CBs

Last edited:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Dak to a huge contract is going to really damage the Cowboys' roster. Their talent was already overstated the past two years, and now they're not going to be able to keep guys or get any other free agents if they pay Dak. It's not a good situation if they want to really contend in the NFC.

wrong

as an alt, you should know that the Cowboys have ample cap space to sign their players.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you contend without a quality starting QB?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two points. First one is that while he still needs to get better at some things and more consistent, the idea of Dak not being good enough is silly and it befuddles me that people are still peddling it after the numbers he put up this year - not just the quantity of his stats, but the quality ones as well. So, not signing Dak leaves them almost no chance at all to contend in the NFC unless they bring in another good QB. While it's maybe 50/50 that a Brady or Rivers could make them better (or worse) they will have a similar cap impact over the next couple of years and signing them would still leave the Cowboys without a long term QB.

Second, it seems you are 100% correct that the Cowboys talent has been overstated the past two years. The defense was just not very good at all this past season on all 3 levels and for a team with supposedly an incredible OL and RB there were many times we weren't able to run the ball for shit and our WR that wants $18M per disappeared far too many times to be worth that close to that $ and Dak had some poor throws and the receivers big drops when we needed them. Hopefully with the wave of a magic wand, the coaching overhaul will prove to be what this team really needed all along. We didn't have the talent to beat good teams when they knew exactly what we would do on both offense and defense, but maybe with all new schemes we will find out that the talent wasn't really overstated after all. Big season coming up next year and if Dak is back I hope he gets even better. He is only 26 yo. That's two years younger than Jimmy G and yet Dak has proven to be the better of the two thus far and yet Jimmy G is in a SB today.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's opinion...
When Prescott plays with a punctured lung (49ers) or cracked bones in his back (Redskins) like Romo did, let me know.
Both games, Romo won.
Leadership, is most times by example, not talk.
Here is where you lose all credibility on the topic. There is no question from any account ever that Dak unites a locker room and is an incredible leader and universally loved by everyone in the locker room and has as much heart on the field as anyone and is 100% a team first player. While with Romo we often heard how he divided the locker room and had "his guys" that he confided in. Romo definitely loved him some Romo. You could argue Romo was a better QB and had more talent and I think most Cowboy fans and non-Cowboy fans would agree with you, but trying to give him the leadership nod is silly.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure....why not? I bet Dak's side wouldn't mind that at all. Dak plays well again and the tag is now 40M, thus the negotiations start at 40M per.
IMO, the only way putting the tag on him makes any sense at all is if they plan to let him go after next season. Otherwise, as you said, the 30 something million from this years will start at $40 million after Mahomes and Watson are redone

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong

as an alt, you should know that the Cowboys have ample cap space to sign their players.

Yes. They have plenty of cap room. They'll get dak signed. Probably average $35 mill per year.

I think they'll get amari signed also

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big difference between 40 mil and 200+ mil guaranteed.
yep....and franchising him for the next two years (73M) then giving him a contract starting at 40M plus per is the sure fire way he gets 200M plus in guaranteed money.

My God you're stupid when the topic is Dak. Haters will hate and you lead the way here

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the only way putting the tag on him makes any sense at all is if they plan to let him go after next season. Otherwise, as you said, the 30 something million from this years will start at $40 million after Mahomes and Watson are redone
I agree...which is why I expect Dak to be signed within the next 4 to 5 weeks

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I award you the bull shit award

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You guys know my thoughts. I like Dak and he is solid but I don’t see him as a top 10 QB. His record versus winning teams over the last few years tell you that. Now, he is 26 and has room to improve and is a helluva leader but what I don’t get is the following. Dak says he never played for the money and loves the game yet he and his agents don’t say the same thing. The Cowboys are offering the man a HUGE contract with a ton of guaranteed money but not quite the money he wants. So which is it? Does he want to compete for championships or be the highest paid QB in the league for a year or two before a QB like Malhomes who has made an AFC championship game and Super Bowl surpass him. I just don’t buy the narrative. Glad Dallas is being patient and considering the tag. Don’t think he gets the endorsements he gets outside of Dallas and don’t think he will have the option of going to other teams located in states with no state income tax. Honestly, don’t get the impasse with him if “money is not the most important thing” as he has said or “if he really wants to be in Dallas” as he says.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scroll on ESPN says they are planning to tag Dak.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that is true, but I don't get the point. We also had the best Offense in the league last year and 6% more total yards than the next closest team. Those guys were all reasons (although your Witten line shows your anti-Dak agenda. Like he is still that player :L) but the biggest reason BY FAR was Dak.

I'm all for tagging Dak if the two sides can't come to an agreement but if we do that we need a plan B that we are willing to implement because it is obviously going to piss off Dak if we tag him and he likely will sit out as well. So we need to be ready to bring in another QB and then pull the tag (cap won't allow both) and let Dak go elsewhere and if we do that we better well be damn sure that we are ready to deal with moving on without him. You guys criticize Dak but be careful what you wish for because you may just get it.
I agree to a point. I think the Cowvoys should offer $33 million...which is more than Wentz and Goff got.. If that isn't enough, then tag him and start getting ready to move on. That would mean signing a quality backup and using a 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB. Problem is, what I think the Cowboys will do is tag him and go into next season with Cooper Rush as the only other QB on the roster.. Which makes no sense at all.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know my thoughts. I like Dak and he is solid but I don’t see him as a top 10 QB. His record versus winning teams over the last few years tell you that. Now, he is 26 and has room to improve and is a helluva leader but what I don’t get is the following. Dak says he never played for the money and loves the game yet he and his agents don’t say the same thing. The Cowboys are offering the man a HUGE contract with a ton of guaranteed money but not quite the money he wants. So which is it? Does he want to compete for championships or be the highest paid QB in the league for a year or two before a QB like Malhomes who has made an AFC championship game and Super Bowl surpass him. I just don’t buy the narrative. Glad Dallas is being patient and considering the tag. Don’t think he gets the endorsements he gets outside of Dallas and don’t think he will have the option of going to other teams located in states with no state income tax. Honestly, don’t get the impasse with him if “money is not the most important thing” as he has said or “if he really wants to be in Dallas” as he says.
Watching the game last night, I was thinking that Dak is better than Jimmy G for sure...but he can't hold that other QB's jock.. So lets hurry up and pay him a little more than the one and not wait till the price goes up to the other

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where you lose all credibility on the topic. There is no question from any account ever that Dak unites a locker room and is an incredible leader and universally loved by everyone in the locker room and has as much heart on the field as anyone and is 100% a team first player. While with Romo we often heard how he divided the locker room and had "his guys" that he confided in. Romo definitely loved him some Romo. You could argue Romo was a better QB and had more talent and I think most Cowboy fans and non-Cowboy fans would agree with you, but trying to give him the leadership nod is silly.

"with Romo we often heard"
.........I never did......your opinion right?....Did they take a vote or something?

And by the way, the COWBOYS were 8 and 8 this year.

The COWBOY'S record vs. Teams with winning records

New Orleans......COWBOYS scored 10 points........Lost
Green Bay Packers.......Lost
Minnesota Vikings........Lost
New England Patriots.........COWBOYS scored 9 Points....Lost
Buffalo Bills at home..........Lost
Eagles.......scored 9 points..........Lost

they did beat the Rams and the Eagles (once)

COWBOYS .....2 Wins........6 Losses vs. Teams with winning records

and the COWBOYS Lost to the Bears and Jets

Obviously I don't TOTALLY put the blame on Dak, and (maybe very little blame),.....It's TEAM sport....

But, great QBs lead teams to wins in close and important games.

It's called Leadership.

Mahomes comes to mind.
Rogers
Brady

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game last night, I was thinking that Dak is better than Jimmy G for sure...but he can't hold that other QB's jock.. So lets hurry up and pay him a little more than the one and not wait till the price goes up to the other
Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL. he proved that to me at least.