• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. When Dak plays well the team plays well. I'm not sure how anyone can call 2019 Dak a game manager
He only pays attention to packer games, while bashing Dak.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not just Dak vs winning teams, it's the Cowboys team. For how many of those losses did we look back afterwards and say it was Dak that lost the game or didn't do his part as compared to the coaching or defense or something else.

Which is why Thursday was so damned frustrating. Yes - Dak didn’t play well (for the 2nd week in a row to be fair). Neither did the defense and for the 2nd straight week the Special Teams were atrocious. Yet, all we hear from the Dak haters is how Dak let the team down.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dak is not solely to blame. No one has ever said that. Most know Garrett is in over his head and costs the team a game or two every year with his poor coaching. Mahr seems to only be good at kicking 60 plus field goals and should have been gone a while ago. The defense has been hit or miss. However, when his team needs him the most, he has not delivered this year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why Thursday was so damned frustrating. Yes - Dak didn’t play well (for the 2nd week in a row to be fair). Neither did the defense and for the 2nd straight week the Special Teams were atrocious. Yet, all we hear from the Dak haters is how Dak let the team down.

I’m going to say it now- the special teams have their work cut out for them next week. If Maher doesn’t kick it out of the end zone it could be trouble. The Bears offense has been so bad, it was obvious yesterday that Patterson brings it out no matter what. Cohen is a good PR as well. The Bears have a little life right now, winning 2 in a row.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott joins Dan Marino as the only QBs in Superbowl era with 40 plus wins & 15,000 yds passing in their 1st 4 seasons.

He averages double digit wins per season. Not to bad.
Now lets see what he can do with a (allegedly) more aggressive coach.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me first stress that I'm not saying we should be looking at moving on from Dak, BUT one of the arguments against it is always that there are no other options that are even a reasonably close alternative. Looking at the QBs that may be on the move this year, I think this is the one year where there are indeed a few other options. If Dak wants to be the highest paid QB and McCarthy doesn't think he is worth it, there are worse scenarios than bringing in Tom Brady for a year or maybe two while you find another long term answer. If nothing else it allows us to not be held hostage by unreasonable contract demands (of course we don't even know for sure if they are unreasonable). This is the first year where I look at it and think that I don't know if Tom Brady is still one of the all time greats or just a guy that is too old and no longer can be a top player. I guess more likely somewhere in between. :scratch:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me first stress that I'm not saying we should be looking at moving on from Dak, BUT one of the arguments against it is always that there are no other options that are even a reasonably close alternative. Looking at the QBs that may be on the move this year, I think this is the one year where there are indeed a few other options. If Dak wants to be the highest paid QB and McCarthy doesn't think he is worth it, there are worse scenarios than bringing in Tom Brady for a year or maybe two while you find another long term answer. If nothing else it allows us to not be held hostage by unreasonable contract demands (of course we don't even know for sure if they are unreasonable). This is the first year where I look at it and think that I don't know if Tom Brady is still one of the all time greats or just a guy that is too old and no longer can be a top player. I guess more likely somewhere in between. :scratch:

I'm 100% against Brady as I just don't think any good at this point. Now I could see Rivers or Carr if Brady does end up in Las Vegas like some rumors suggest.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand what the Cowboys are doing with Dak. Offer him a million more than Wentz and Goff got and move the fuck on. They have known this day was coming for years. To hear Jerry and Stephen talk, they think Dak is an elite QB. So what is the hold up? If you had wanted to move off him, you should have had a better backup in place and drafted someone to groom. They had the cap space to do that this year. The longer they wait the higher the cost will be. They aee gonna screw around and franchise him and then have to deal with paying him like Mahomes and Watson in a year

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand what the Cowboys are doing with Dak. Offer him a million more than Wentz and Goff got and move the fuck on. They have known this day was coming for years. To hear Jerry and Stephen talk, they think Dak is an elite QB. So what is the hold up? If you had wanted to move off him, you should have had a better backup in place and drafted someone to groom. They had the cap space to do that this year. The longer they wait the higher the cost will be. They aee gonna screw around and franchise him and then have to deal with paying him like Mahomes and Watson in a year

If he doesn’t sign this time around... and Mahomes & Watson get their deals redone (which once again raises the bar), then I’m probably at the point of two franchise tags and moving on. If he is truly “betting on himself” as it is speculated he is, then he has to understand the market isn’t going to reward him the way he thinks it will by stretching this thing beyond that (at least how I’m seeing it which may be skewed). Cousins got a stupid deal. Dak will not sniff a deal like that. I can easily see him freezing himself out of a better deal by playing this “bet on me” game.

I hope he’s getting good advice right now. He’s going to lose a shitload of money getting franchised. And he’ll lose a lot more if he lets this get beyond the next two years.

Just my $0.02...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn’t sign this time around... and Mahomes & Watson get their deals redone (which once again raises the bar), then I’m probably at the point of two franchise tags and moving on. If he is truly “betting on himself” as it is speculated he is, then he has to understand the market isn’t going to reward him the way he thinks it will by stretching this thing beyond that (at least how I’m seeing it which may be skewed). Cousins got a stupid deal. Dak will not sniff a deal like that. I can easily see him freezing himself out of a better deal by playing this “bet on me” game.

I hope he’s getting good advice right now. He’s going to lose a shitload of money getting franchised. And he’ll lose a lot more if he lets this get beyond the next two years.

Just my $0.02...
If he resigns with Dallas, Dak will get much more than Cousins, but he won't get it 100% guaranteed like Cousins did.

My concern with the franchise tag is we see how most (many, some?) players now seem to hold out and never sign the tag. We saw how Dallas folded with Zeke. Do we reasonably expect Dak to sign the tag and come into camp without missing any time knowing he needs to learn a new offense? IMO the tag is a great tool and not this disrespectful, potential career threatening w/o the offsetting financial security action it is now viewed as by many. It pays players an incredible amount of money and allows them to make a boatload more in future years. But how Dak views it I don't know.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Thursday, impending free agent Dak Prescott said he's "disappointed" a deal hasn't already been done.
"I’m a little disappointed that it hasn’t, but that’s part of it," was Prescott's exact quote. Prescott also pointedly told reporters he will not be training in Dallas this offseason. "Report that," Prescott said. "Be sure to report that." Prescott strongly hinted he did not want to be franchise tagged. "I don’t think any of that is necessary," Prescott said. "But that’s business. That’s all calculated. That’s all on them." It's safe to say Prescott appears to be gearing up for a game of hardball.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Thursday, impending free agent Dak Prescott said he's "disappointed" a deal hasn't already been done.
"I’m a little disappointed that it hasn’t, but that’s part of it," was Prescott's exact quote. Prescott also pointedly told reporters he will not be training in Dallas this offseason. "Report that," Prescott said. "Be sure to report that." Prescott strongly hinted he did not want to be franchise tagged. "I don’t think any of that is necessary," Prescott said. "But that’s business. That’s all calculated. That’s all on them." It's safe to say Prescott appears to be gearing up for a game of hardball.
Sounds like his agent got a hold of his ear after his Wednesday ESPN visit.
This is pretty simple to me. Dak, here is our high end, we;ll give you a bit more than what wentz & goff got over 4 years cause you've out played both to date. We don't want to hear about wilson, watson nor Mohomes, now sign the contract and lets get to work.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like his agent got a hold of his ear after his Wednesday ESPN visit.
This is pretty simple to me. Dak, here is our high end, we;ll give you a bit more than what wentz & goff got over 4 years cause you've out played both to date. We don't want to hear about wilson, watson nor Mohomes, now sign the contract and lets get to work.
I agree. But if that is the approach you take, there has to be an OR at the end...like, or you get the franchise tag and we draft a QB early this season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But if that is the approach you take, there has to be an OR at the end...like, or you get the franchise tag and we draft a QB early this season
And you wrap up the issue quickly so you aren't sitting here in August thinking now what are we going to do.

Bottom line is no player is more important than the team. Dak is picking the wrong year to play hardball. There are a lot of QBs that we could acquire this year. Perhaps not Dak nor a guy we will have for 5-7 years, but perhaps almost as good in the short run at least. If Dak wants $40M per he can get tagged and either sign it or sit home on his couch. I don't care how good you are, as long as there is a cap you can't overpay every player. I said it last year: If we let Zeke win then every player going forward is going to do the same thing. Last year was the year we screwed up and now it's coming back to bite us. Every player knows Jerry will fold if he really wants the player. If we can't get him signed immediately we should tag him the first day we can and bring in Brady and Rivers and whomever else is out there for visits ASAP. I suspect that will change Dak's tune a little...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I'd be beyond shocked if Dak wants 40M per. I don't think that's even close to what he's asking or expecting. I really can't see him asking for over 35 per, but I understand not taking less than what wentz or even goff got. He's been better than those two thus far and has made a heck of a lot less through 4 seasons

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he ends up with more than Wilson when he signs.
He always knew the longer he waited the more he would get. He risked being injured by doing this way, but didnt.
He will get more than most here will like, but that is the NFL business side of things. He bet on himself & won. I believe he will be a Cowboy & wont be surprised at all if it is over 35 mil.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I'd be beyond shocked if Dak wants 40M per. I don't think that's even close to what he's asking or expecting. I really can't see him asking for over 35 per, but I understand not taking less than what wentz or even goff got. He's been better than those two thus far and has made a heck of a lot less through 4 seasons
I don't think he would either and that's what I don't get about the Cowboys handling of the negotiation. They have told everyone but the Easter Bunny that Dak is their Franchise guy. Offer him $33 per and be done with it. If he turns down $33, say 6 years and $198 million, leak the offer to the press and public sentiment would be all on the Cowboys side

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would either and that's what I don't get about the Cowboys handling of the negotiation. They have told everyone but the Easter Bunny that Dak is their Franchise guy. Offer him $33 per and be done with it. If he turns down $33, say 6 years and $198 million, leak the offer to the press and public sentiment would be all on the Cowboys side
I think Dak would continue to bet on himself and would prefer a 4 year deal with the opportunity for another big pay day.

Dak's camp knows they have 73M in the bank over the next two years ( 2 tags). I wonder if 132 guaranteed over 4 years would get this done. As many have said....Dallas blew this big time last year. I heard Dallas offered under 30M per and a pissed off Dak's camp countered with 40M per.....thus we sit here with this mess.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does Dak have around him?

Travis Fredrick
5 Time Pro Bowl
1 Time 1st team All Pro
1 Time 2nd Team All Pro

Zack Martin
6 Time Pro Bowl
4 Time 1st Team All Pro
2 Time 2nd Team All Pro

Tyron Smith
7 Time Pro Bowl
2 Time 1st Team All Pro
2 Time 2nd Team All Pro

Lael Collins

Conner Williams

Amari Cooper
4 Time Pro Bowl

Michael Gallup
One of the most underrated WRs in the NFL

Zeke Elliot
3 Time Pro Bowl
1st Team All Pro
2 Time NFL Rushing Leader

Randall Cobb (solid slot WR)
had Cole Beasley (former COWBOY 3rd down expert)

Jason Witten
11 Time Pro Bowl
2 Time 1st Team Pro Bowl
Future HOFer

Dak gets to drive a Ferrari?

The COWBOY'S playoff record is 1 Win - 2 Losses with Prescott.

Prescott's stats, are very eerily similar, to a former COWBOY QB.....His initials are T.R.

I would be far more comfortable with giving him a franchise tag......to see how he performs in 2020......