• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was fantastic again. He a had a little moment there when I was like WTF are you doing? He threw that stupid deep pass to Austin with no shot to complete, then let the play clock expire and then threw a dumb out to Cooper that should have been a pick 6 on back to back to back plays. Mentally that was a horrible little stretch. But other than that, the guy was just fantastic. The passes thrown, the passes thrown away to get out of trouble, the runs, controlling the offense, reading the defense, everything. If we won the games we should have he would be in the mix for MVP right now.

This is reminding me of those good Romo years, where we have to score on every drive because the defense is so poor. Dak has really come on this year, without him, we would not be close to a winning team. We can't even have an average defense.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is reminding me of those good Romo years, where we have to score on every drive because the defense is so poor. Dak has really come on this year, without him, we would not be close to a winning team. We can't even have an average defense.
I love Coach Rod, as I really like JG as a man, but he has to go too. I understand that you say you don't want a 350 pound NT because it's not a scheme fit, but adjust the damn scheme. Teams get in short yardage against us, and when they go wide, our speed wins out, but when they run downhill it's like a hot knife through butter

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Coach Rod, as I really like JG as a man, but he has to go too. I understand that you say you don't want a 350 pound NT because it's not a scheme fit, but adjust the damn scheme. Teams get in short yardage against us, and when they go wide, our speed wins out, but when they run downhill it's like a hot knife through butter

Rod will never change. They really need to adjust the damn scheme sometimes. Then we draft first round and second round defensive players in the last two drafts. One is not on the team now and the other may very well be a bust. Time for change.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly it seems going wide or at least off tackle has been worse this year than up the middle because the speed isn't getting there and is getting blown out or stuck on blocks or taking bad angles. Not that they have been great, but for the most part Woods and Collins have actually been OK against the run as far as clogging and doing what they are asked and maybe getting a little movement side to side. It's the second level that hasn't shown up and the over pursuit of the DEs that has been the most disappointing. I think these last two things have been the biggest problem on screens too and we are getting killed on screens

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to piggyback off what someone else said this is looking too much like those 8-8 teams back in the early 2010’s and it’s not good. Great offense but piss poor defense mixed with subpar running game, this team was built to be better than that. I understand teams are dedicated to stopping Zeke first and foremost but they got to do a better job of making the run game work better scheme wise cause Dak ain’t gonna throw for 400+ yards every week I guarantee you that. We might be able to win the division this way but we gonna be one & done in the playoffs again Minnesota ESPECIALLY if that defense keeps playing the way they do. They couldn’t stop a nosebleed yesterday :L

If they gonna have ANY shot against the Patriots next week then balance is imperative cause if Dak gonna drop back 50 times cause nothing else is working then he’s gonna throw a couple picks against that secondary or get a sack fumble of some sort cause that defense ain’t fucking around. Garrett gonna have to bring his A-game like he did last year vs. New Orleans

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a rushing week coming. Not just Zeke either. I think Dak will run it 5- 7 times. I think we may see something with Cobb as well. Maybe I’m being to optimistic here but I think we have real shot. Amari needs to be healthy though. Gallup and Cobb has big days yesterday. This NE defense is a different beast.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as our defense - I get it that we have played some shitty teams and a few back up QBs , but the numbers actually suggest that we are pretty good. I think we are around 7th in overall points allowed and yardage given up. We are middle of the pack in rushing defense and Sacks. 3rd down defense - we are 3rd best. Of course we are near the bottom in Turnovers

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Pats offense has looked shitty, but Belichick ain’t stupid, he’s gonna run it down our throats and torch us in the screen game and that’s the two things this defense has not been able to do and this is a game where gap discipline and assignment has got to be preached and practiced to a tee this week cause if we can’t stop those two things; the run and screen game then this game is lost.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as our defense - I get it that we have played some shitty teams and a few back up QBs , but the numbers actually suggest that we are pretty good. I think we are around 7th in overall points allowed and yardage given up. We are middle of the pack in rushing defense and Sacks. 3rd down defense - we are 3rd best. Of course we are near the bottom in Turnovers
Honestly I dont care so much about the stats when it comes to defense. its reliability to me.
I dont think the Rams had the greatest of stats last year. but when it comes time to make the stop or play & end the game. They were reliable. That is when our defense goes into sure drive down the field & score. Forcing Dak to have to try & save us again. We fold like a cheap suit on defense when it matters. So while we may rank in the top ten, I dont see us as top ten in defense.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't possibly suggest our defense is pretty good due to a few stats. We all have two eyes and have seen this defense all season. It ain't good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't possibly suggest our defense is pretty good due to a few stats. We all have two eyes and have seen this defense all season. It ain't good.

I think they have good players. I think they give up big plays I think you have to look at the whole league though. Minnesota supposedly has a good defense too but we threw all over it. It is so hard to play defense now. I’ve seen it where it was a whole lot worse. I once saw Matt Stafford go 80 yards in 27 seconds to win a game vs our defense.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
work ethic and betting on himself coupled with off the charts leadership STILL makes me glad Dak is our QB.

I give a rats ass what he gets paid....most deserved!

That about sums it up for me.

Could you imagine pinning your hopes to a guy like trubinsky? Dak is the real deal and we got him for a real steal at the beginning of his career. I don't mind at all what he is paid.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly it seems going wide or at least off tackle has been worse this year than up the middle because the speed isn't getting there and is getting blown out or stuck on blocks or taking bad angles. Not that they have been great, but for the most part Woods and Collins have actually been OK against the run as far as clogging and doing what they are asked and maybe getting a little movement side to side. It's the second level that hasn't shown up and the over pursuit of the DEs that has been the most disappointing. I think these last two things have been the biggest problem on screens too and we are getting killed on screens

I could live with some of the up the gut runs if we could get our DE to stay home and protect the edge. I played DE against the Y formation. You had to stay home. Had too. I learned that day one and it was taught everyday in practice. How they get fooled on every play just disgusts me. Demarcus Ware if one of my top Cowboys ever and he was for shit on the edge.

I have the same rant about tackling. Do not get why putting your head across the guys body and putting your arms around the guy to bring him down is so hard to come by. They just want to put a shoulder pad into the guy and prays he goes down.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a rushing week coming. Not just Zeke either. I think Dak will run it 5- 7 times. I think we may see something with Cobb as well. Maybe I’m being to optimistic here but I think we have real shot. Amari needs to be healthy though. Gallup and Cobb has big days yesterday. This NE defense is a different beast.

Gallup came up huge for us as well as my FF team. With him and Coop........

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2:48 p.m. – Ten games into the season, it seems Dak Prescott has entered the NFL MVP conversation with league standouts such as Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, Kansas City’s Pat Mahomes and the Patriots’ Tom Brady.

As quarterback of the league’s top-ranked offense, Prescott currently ranks first in the league in passing yardage (3,221) and tied for second in touchdowns (21). MVP talk is the furthest thing from his mind, though -- particularly with so much football left to play.

“The only thing I care about is wins,” he told reporters Thursday. “If that means I'm the most winningest quarterback in the league, sure, I want it.”

I like his attitude!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill laying it on a little thick :pound:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been an issue since Rod has been here.