• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. So hopefully they’re due. On another note if Haskins turns out to be no better than Dak I’m not wanting the skins to make him the highest paid when that time comes. They can definitely win with Dak as long as they can afford to keep the other pieces. You took your shot so I took mine a little. I guess both things are fairly true though
Couple of points:
1. I've never seen any QB that doesn't require pieces around him
2. I'm not sure Dak is driving this request, I'm pretty sure his representation has thus far.
3. Haskins was a first round pick and IMO, has a long ways to go to be as good as Dak has shown

Now a question for you.
Based on the fact that QB salaries keep going up...also what Jimmy G & Cousins received, as well as Goff & Wentz, not to mention what's rumored Bridgewater may get in the open market (30M per)
What do you think Dak should be paid after what we've seen in his first 4 years?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of points:
1. I've never seen any QB that doesn't require pieces around him
2. I'm not sure Dak is driving this request, I'm pretty sure his representation has thus far.
3. Haskins was a first round pick and IMO, has a long ways to go to be as good as Dak has shown

Now a question for you.
Based on the fact that QB salaries keep going up...also what Jimmy G & Cousins received, as well as Goff & Wentz, not to mention what's rumored Bridgewater may get in the open market (30M per)
What do you think Dak should be paid after what we've seen in his first 4 years?

I wouldn’t want to go over 30 if that. I didn’t blame the skins for not signing cousins after being tagged, and I was a big Kirk fan, it just ruins the team. Skins should’ve signed cousins early or traded him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t want to go over 30 if that. I didn’t blame the skins for not signing cousins after being tagged, and I was a big Kirk fan, it just ruins the team. Skins should’ve signed cousins early or traded him.
If Haskins shows he's a Franchise QB he'll be well over 40M when he's due to resign.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....it's worked out well for the skins
Question....Have the skins ever had an elite QB?
Slingin Sammy doesn't count
the Only thing they had as Elite. Was their Head Coach.
Joe Gibbs.

Mad respect for his ability to put people where they needed to be.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read and the more I listen to the alleged in the know people I become more convinced that this is heading into train wreck territory. Not from what they say or espouse from their vaunted opinions but from the read between the lines. Dak is playing chicken with Jerry and Stephen and Vise-Versa. My opinion is if they have to tag Dak and I’m convinced they will have 2. This season will be his last in Dallas because of the bad blood it will cause.

I would not pay anymore than what I think he is worth not a frigging penny. They lost the stalemate with Zeke and that has just emboldened Dak.

The theory of the next QB makes more money no matter the talent is that it’s a load of BULLSHIT.we used to think that about the number 1 pick in the draft until the owners finally got smart and pushed the Rookie wage scale through. I really like Dak but he is not worth 35 million a year. At some point some owner is going to say this is not working anymore and decide to let the good but not elite QB walk when his contract demands exceed his worth to the team. If you have to have a 12 million dollar a year RB a 17 million dollar WR and the highest paid OL in football to make a 35 million dollar a year QB look good. Your team is going to be screwed up because you can’t pay for the solid replacements for the games when your million dollar players get hurt.

First I find and hire a QB Draft guru hire him a team and that’s all their job is to evaluate QB play to find my team the next elite QB.

I let Dak walk pick a QB up in FA and work on Drafting a QB for my future with the knowledge unless he is a Brady, Mahomes Aikman Montana etc my team will not pay elite money for just very good QB play. And I bet my team would not be the only one to do so. It would take a lot of nerve for the Cowboys to do so and I don’t think they have it.

I know I will get skewered for this opinion and it’s just my opinion but when you really think about it objectively it makes way more sense than what we are doing now in the NFL.
JMHO
Well, Dallas certainly will have options this year and could easily move on from Dak...But...if you are going to do that you better be reasonably sure you aren't making a mistake. Are you? Because I see a guy that wills his flawed team to wins and it's been a while since I've seen that in Dallas.

I look at it like this, the difference between $30M and $35M is a marginal starter. If keeping your starting QB over the next best option isn't worth letting a marginal starter go, then you should never have been negotiating $30M with that QB in the first place. At this point I'm good with giving Dak what the market dictates, but if he doesn't sign and gets tagged and doesn't sign that either, I'm moving on and not throwing away a season not knowing who my QB will be and I sure as hell am not going to let another player bend me over because I panic come late August. All it does is guarantee the next guy does the same thing. A deadline should set and then both sides need to move on if they can't come to an agreement. So if you are Dallas don't screw around. If you are going to sign him no matter what, then just do it, don't screw around and let the uncertainty become the story. New Coach and new Offense means you can't go through the offseason without your starting QB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the "Hogs". How is Joe Jacoby not in the HOF...

While we are at it - that Monk fellow was pretty good as well as that CB that was kind of fast. They are both in the Hall though

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....it's worked out well for the skins
Question....Have the skins ever had an elite QB?
Slingin Sammy doesn't count
Sonny Jurgenson?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny Jurgenson?
well....he's in the HOF, guess that counts for something. Never was a starter in a playoff game. I always thought his passing stats were mostly because he played on bad teams and was behind most of the time. When the skins won, he held a clipboard.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is an update?

source.gif

tenor.gif

guess they plan on franchise tagging him.
OpenBlankCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, if the stories are correct, Dak isn't interested in being a team player. he has decided that he does not want a long term deal because the Cowboys could restructure if they need some cap relief and he doesn't want that even if it would allow them to put or keep key players to help him. reports say he may be looking for a short term deal similar to Cousins' deal with whole amount guaranteed which would handicap the team for the length of the deal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, if the stories are correct, Dak isn't interested in being a team player. he has decided that he does not want a long term deal because the Cowboys could restructure if they need some cap relief and he doesn't want that even if it would allow them to put or keep key players to help him. reports say he may be looking for a short term deal similar to Cousins' deal with whole amount guaranteed which would handicap the team for the length of the deal.
The only way I see Dak seeking and getting a shorter deal (3 years or less) is if he does indeed go for the 100% guaranteed route because the guaranteed money offsets the idea of possible injury or his level of play dropping and either of those would prevent a second big contract and both would make him wish he went for the longer deal. As far as restructuring goes you can't do it unless the player agrees. This also is right in line with playing under the tag. One year. Around $33M. All guaranteed. Next year goes up to about $39M guaranteed. That's two years for $72M and all guaranteed. So let's see how he reacts when tagged. If he complains after fighting for a shorter deal it makes him appear hypocritical. Sign it or don't but we need to move on if he won't because we need a good QB and can't afford a year of Dak sitting out or coming in the last week of the preseason without learning the Offense and after perhaps we sign another QB to a big contract.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see Dak seeking and getting a shorter deal (3 years or less) is if he does indeed go for the 100% guaranteed route because the guaranteed money offsets the idea of possible injury or his level of play dropping and either of those would prevent a second big contract and both would make him wish he went for the longer deal. As far as restructuring goes you can't do it unless the player agrees. This also is right in line with playing under the tag. One year. Around $33M. All guaranteed. Next year goes up to about $39M guaranteed. That's two years for $72M and all guaranteed. So let's see how he reacts when tagged. If he complains after fighting for a shorter deal it makes him appear hypocritical. Sign it or don't but we need to move on if he won't because we need a good QB and can't afford a year of Dak sitting out or coming in the last week of the preseason without learning the Offense and after perhaps we sign another QB to a big contract.
what I have heard recently on TV is he wants a 4 year deal. Cowboys want it longer.
I figure at 4 years he will try & extend it after 3. (another big payday)

I am kind of on the Cowboys side on this one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I have heard recently on TV is he wants a 4 year deal. Cowboys want it longer.
I figure at 4 years he will try & extend it after 3. (another big payday)

I am kind of on the Cowboys side on this one.
4-6 is about the norm so I can see it anywhere in there but 5 or more is best for spreading out the cap hit. If true, I suspect Dak knows that (I refuse to say his agent as if Dak isn't 100% aware of and in agreement with every aspect of this negotiation) and is using that as leverage to make a $33M per for 4 years deal grow into a $35M per 5 years deal. Dak is not earning himself any fans with this contract issue and I doubt many are on his side and if he comes out slow next year he is deservedly going to hear a lot of shit from fans, media, opponents, etc...