• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree on getting a different QB if that is the number (I'd sign one of these vets to a one or two year deal and also draft a guy early) but I guess one of the points I've been trying to make is do we really know what the numbers are? I can't fault Dak based on rumors, but I will if they are more than just rumors.

I'm struggling to figure out if I personally think we are better off with Dak or with both Brady and a guy like your guy Love (or whomever) or maybe you get both Bridgewater and Clowney for the price of Dak and draft a QB in the first round (trade up?). If it were my call my first choice is signing Dak, but I'm not letting him hold me hostage or ruin the season by holding out until right before week 1 or longer. I know I sound like a broken record but this is the one season where there are definitely other options. There are a few starting caliber QB FAs and there are also a bunch of guys in the draft viewed as possible first rounders.
Exactly right. I'm not hating on Dak, but the Cowboys have $33 per and $105 guaranteed on the table for a guy that also makes $50 million a year in endorsements(which would drop by 80-90% if he were the QB of the Bengals or Bucs). I think if Dak were asking for $34 or even $35, the Cowboys would just get it done, it's to their benefit to not take a lump $33 million cap hit this season. I think his agent wants to make the big splash that is reported, and is asking for $38-$40. So then it isn't really a question of whether this team as constructed is better with some other QB or Dak, it's about would this team with Dak making $40 but minus BJones and Quinn be better than a team QB'd by Bridgewater or Brady and with those two guys still on the team, or a kid like Love that would be on a rookie deal for the next 5 years.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dak, but if the option was to give him a big contract or get Bridgwater, Clowney and keep Quinn and BJones........I would go with option 2 every day of week and twice on Sundays.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dak, but if the option was to give him a big contract or get Bridgwater, Clowney and keep Quinn and BJones........I would go with option 2 every day of week and twice on Sundays.
More harder to win without franchise QB and also more harder to find.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the cba results in us not being able to tag both Dak and Amari and we lose Coop? The guy Dak was before Coop got here isn't a $40 million guy

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True about a franchise QB. Bridgewater is in same category as Dak as far as how good he is. Different for sure but he can win games just as much as Dak can. Let quinn walk and BJones goes away and bring in some rookies. Not going anywhere this season. All those pieces were here last year and holy shit, we lose to the Jets, bills and the bears. Some of that was on Dak just having not so good days. Could/should have beaten the Pats and vikes and doubled up on the eagles.

My way we could have gone 16-0 and cruised to a Superbowl championship.

:D

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cowboys upped offer past 33 million per year and 105 million guaranteed. If he does not accept, maybe time to head to a plan B. Just has not done enough on his own and versus quality teams to make him a top 5 QB.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys have reached a take it or leave it stance now. This new offer giving Dak's camp 3 days to discuss before they slap the tag on him feels like this is the best they can offer. If they don't work it out before Thursday, I honestly don't see a deal getting worked out this year. I don’t believe the brass really wants to keep Amari at his asking price, which I feel is why they've swung attention back toward Dak. They know they'd rather keep Dak and risk losing Cooper than the other way.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Dak and trade him to the Bengals for their #1 pick (Burrow) and then sign Brady to a two year deal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Dak and trade him to the Bengals for their #1 pick (Burrow) and then sign Brady to a two year deal.
That would require the Bengals giving us the #1 pick for Dak and his huge contract (if we sign him as mentioned). They won;t do that. They would rather have their choice of players at a cap friendly number for the next 5 years.

Also, if we trade Dak after signing him we would still incur the cap hit of his signing bonus.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would require the Bengals giving us the #1 pick for Dak and his huge contract (if we sign him as mentioned). They won;t do that. They would rather have their choice of players at a cap friendly number for the next 5 years.

Also, if we trade Dak after signing him we would still incur the cap hit of his signing bonus.
A good point... :clap:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True about a franchise QB. Bridgewater is in same category as Dak as far as how good he is. Different for sure but he can win games just as much as Dak can. Let quinn walk and BJones goes away and bring in some rookies. Not going anywhere this season. All those pieces were here last year and holy shit, we lose to the Jets, bills and the bears. Some of that was on Dak just having not so good days. Could/should have beaten the Pats and vikes and doubled up on the eagles.

My way we could have gone 16-0 and cruised to a Superbowl championship.

:D
How can you watch Teddy Bridgewater and Dak and think they are comparable?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak likely wont budge on the length of contract. unless the cowboys give him more guaranteed money. Dak has all the leverage.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you watch Teddy Bridgewater and Dak and think they are comparable?
Dak is a better player, but in fairness, Teddy beat Dak this year. We went 8-8 this year and have a lot of holes to fill. Dak deserves to be paid but there has to be a top end number the Cowboys feel like they will pay. We know the Cowboys have offered Wentz money. I think if they were going to give him Russell Wilson money they would have already done it

Last edited:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak likely wont budge on the length of contract. unless the cowboys give him more guaranteed money. Dak has all the leverage.

my understanding is Daks group want 4 years Cowboys want 6 and that is the hold up.
As far as leverage I’m not so sure Dak has the leverage If Dak won’t sign I tag him draft a QB and Start planning for the future without him.
The business model of your the next QB up so you get X amount more is flawed. Having the stones to stand up and say I will not pay that is the next step. Does Jerry have them in this case I don’t think so and eventually he will cave and we will be strapped on the cap because of the Contract. Daks Good but he is not worth his asking price

JMHO

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to keep in mind the person who signs the checks, who is always in win now mode. Jerry ain't living forever. Even if Jerry shucks the 'business model' and doesn't pay Dak, someone else will.
Dak is a known commodity, a jersey seller, a face, a team leader, not a guy who shows up in the news, he's a good (not great) player and he's entering his prime football years. It doesn't get more valuable for a player than to have all those - let alone a QB with all that. Jerry the businessman knows how rare that is.
The problem is Jerry waited a year too long, now that will hurt the team. Its not Dak's problem and I can't blame anything he's done off the field. Cowboys need to pony up. We were all excited about the amazing 2016 draft, well, we all knew this (cap issues) were the potential downfall down the line. Jerry is now just trying to do damage control and condense everything he can to save a few bucks. That is business.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to keep in mind the person who signs the checks, who is always in win now mode. Jerry ain't living forever. Even if Jerry shucks the 'business model' and doesn't pay Dak, someone else will.
Dak is a known commodity, a jersey seller, a face, a team leader, not a guy who shows up in the news, he's a good (not great) player and he's entering his prime football years. It doesn't get more valuable for a player than to have all those - let alone a QB with all that. Jerry the businessman knows how rare that is.
The problem is Jerry waited a year too long, now that will hurt the team. Its not Dak's problem and I can't blame anything he's done off the field. Cowboys need to pony up. We were all excited about the amazing 2016 draft, well, we all knew this (cap issues) were the potential downfall down the line. Jerry is now just trying to do damage control and condense everything he can to save a few bucks. That is business.

I fully agree with what your saying but if Jerry ditched him somebody else pays him say Jacksonville or Vegas or pick your team compared to Dallas he would be losing millions on endorsements compared to being the QB of the Cowboys the biggest sports brand in the world. He would still have $$$ coming his way but when his Contracts ran out not being the Cowboys QB would cost him. I don’t think Tony would be signing a 17 million dollar a year contract if he was not the ex QB of the Cowboys.
The Cowboys brand opens doors long after your playing days are over just Ask Roger he turned his name and association with the Cowboys into 1/2 a billion dollars when he sold his real estate company. Now I’m sure he worked really hard but that brand of being a Cowboys QB made some doors open that would not have opened without it.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree with what your saying but if Jerry ditched him somebody else pays him say Jacksonville or Vegas or pick your team compared to Dallas he would be losing millions on endorsements compared to being the QB of the Cowboys the biggest sports brand in the world. He would still have $$$ coming his way but when his Contracts ran out not being the Cowboys QB would cost him. I don’t think Tony would be signing a 17 million dollar a year contract if he was not the ex QB of the Cowboys.
The Cowboys brand opens doors long after your playing days are over just Ask Roger he turned his name and association with the Cowboys into 1/2 a billion dollars when he sold his real estate company. Now I’m sure he worked really hard but that brand of being a Cowboys QB made some doors open that would not have opened without it.

JMHO
And no other team is giving him a 6 year $200M contract either. Dak better be real careful how he plays this. If he draws a line in the sand and the Cowboys call his bluff he could be out millions...