• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-6 is about the norm so I can see it anywhere in there but 5 or more is best for spreading out the cap hit. If true, I suspect Dak knows that (I refuse to say his agent as if Dak isn't 100% aware of and in agreement with every aspect of this negotiation) and is using that as leverage to make a $33M per for 4 years deal grow into a $35M per 5 years deal. Dak is not earning himself any fans with this contract issue and I doubt many are on his side and if he comes out slow next year he is deservedly going to hear a lot of shit from fans, media, opponents, etc...

If he is pulling a cousins, he is asking for what next years tag is worth per year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak's agent is most certainly driving this train and there is no question Dak is 100% aware and in agreement with his agent play thus far. This deal gets done when & if Dak takes the controls.

I'd also add....if indeed Dak is asking for next years TAG NUMBER (33m) per year for 4 years then Jerry is the clown here for not having this deal done.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak's agent is most certainly driving this train and there is no question Dak is 100% aware and in agreement with his agent play thus far. This deal gets done when & if Dak takes the controls.

I'd also add....if indeed Dak is asking for next years TAG NUMBER (33m) per year for 4 years then Jerry is the clown here for not having this deal done.
I agree. I will rest easy when they sign Dak. This is getting frustrating as a fan.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This years tag is 33, it’s always the second tags number he’d want

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years tag is 33, it’s always the second tags number he’d want
I think I saw yesterday that the tag for QBs for 2020 was only $27M? That would mean that next year it would be $32-$33M for Dak (20% increase if tagged again)

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak basically has 2 years of fully guaranteed money staring him in the face. If I were his agent, I'd be asking for the first 3 years fully guaranteed and all near Russ's yearly average. If Dallas wants more years and wants some non-guaranteed $, then each extra year flips up over 40m/yr with at least half of that number being guaranteed.
$35m x 3yr + $40m x __yr ($35m x 3yr + $20m x __yr guaranteed)

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys seemed to have botched FA. Yeah Dak is going nowhere but they should have tried harder to sign him last season and then they could have franchised someone else like Cooper. It is getting frustrating.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys seemed to have botched FA. Yeah Dak is going nowhere but they should have tried harder to sign him last season and then they could have franchised someone else like Cooper. It is getting frustrating.
If they still want Cooper, they can keep him. I'm concerned about the moments in games last year that he either no-showed or was taken out by coaches or took himself out. If there isn't a good excuse for those instances, then do we really want to give him 17m/yr or go fish?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they still want Cooper, they can keep him. I'm concerned about the moments in games last year that he either no-showed or was taken out by coaches or took himself out. If there isn't a good excuse for those instances, then do we really want to give him 17m/yr or go fish?
Exactly. When you pay a guy $18M+ per year he can't be off the field when the season is on the line. It's crazy how that is glossed over and treated as a non-issue. He also doesn't go up and come down with one on one balls in traffic and drops passes. My thinking is his injuries were much worse than let on last year. Turf toe for a WR is a big issue. So hopefully next year we see a more consistent WR that plays a higher % of snaps. If not we shouldn't even consider giving him a contract of that size. I struggle to see how a team with a plus offense and a shaky defense and a much better #2 WR than #2 CB is unanimously and unquestionably seen as better off with Cooper than Jones - although, I guess Jones is more easily replaced than a #1 WR via FA or draft. People still bring up the 1st round pick we gave up for Cooper as if that matters at this point; it's a sunk cost.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard on TV Dak is the agents 1st QB negotiations & is looking to make a splash to lure other QBs. Now that could just be media spin, but that is what I heard.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on TV Dak is the agents 1st QB negotiations & is looking to make a splash to lure other QBs. Now that could just be media spin, but that is what I heard.
Maybe, but Dak is a smart guy and gets all of the ramifications of this thing, both direct and indirect. From all the rumors we hear it seems he has been going for every penny possible from day 1. I'm totally fine with that, but you better produce if you go that route because the daggers are going to come out if you don't. Hopefully they can agree on a contract before it impacts what else the Cowboys do this offseason.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw yesterday that the tag for QBs for 2020 was only $27M? That would mean that next year it would be $32-$33M for Dak (20% increase if tagged again)

hmm, that’s what I see too, when I google, but nfl network was saying they’d pay Dak 33 if tagged. :noidea:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"NFL fans get preconditioned to obsess over the salary cap. This time of year in particular, with free agency about to begin and players being cut around the league because of their cap figures, so much of the pro football conversation gets dominated by how much cap space teams have, or lack of it.

Of course, with a soft cap, the dirty little secret is, and always has been, that cash trumps cap and there are myriad ways to convert salaries and create space and continue to have a means to spend. Even teams seemingly caught in a bind routinely find ways to extend players or apply the franchise tag to players despite those confines … as long as ownership is willing to foot the bill and keep writing checks."

"Cowboys fans, don't believe the hype about trouble keeping Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper and Byron Jones and anyone else. It's beyond time for the Cowboys to be writing checks left and right. The posterboys for marketing and sales revenue spent $134M less than the tiny-market Jaguars over the past four years. Let the shopping begin in The Big D!"

NFL insider notes: Cowboys have spent the least on payroll since 2016, why cash trumps cap, new CBA and more

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ole Dak who said it is never about the money has a contract on the table at 33 million per year with a 105 million guaranteed. Seems more than fair. Let’s see if he takes it or if we have a Cousins situation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Dak who said it is never about the money has a contract on the table at 33 million per year with a 105 million guaranteed. Seems more than fair. Let’s see if he takes it or if we have a Cousins situation.
Fair point. But, the devil is in the details and we never know exactly what is or isn't on the table so I can't totally agree with that. We know what one side or the other leaks - there are only so many people in the room. But, if that is the deal and he is holding out, I wonder if he isn't the guy I always thought he was. Normally I would say that doesn't matter because it's a business and I have no problem with players acting as such and getting big deals and I have no problem with teams cutting players to save money, but Dak is the leader and the face of the team and supposedly the ultimate team player and that is part of what makes him good and while I'm not now saying he isn't, he does appear (from the outside and from rumors only of course) to be on a money grab. OR...maybe these deals we read about really aren't what we are hearing. Maybe the number is but the structure is the problem. We won't know for sure until after he is signed or walks or more likely how he acts once he is tagged. If he signs the tag and comes into camp it will prove he is the guy I always thought he was even if he walks next year. If he holds out with a contract like that on the table and hurts the team it will be a huge chink in the armor for me and one he likely never fully comes back from.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but Dak is a smart guy and gets all of the ramifications of this thing, both direct and indirect. From all the rumors we hear it seems he has been going for every penny possible from day 1. I'm totally fine with that, but you better produce if you go that route because the daggers are going to come out if you don't. Hopefully they can agree on a contract before it impacts what else the Cowboys do this offseason.
Dak will get paid like a king even though he had an up and down season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$33 jumping to $38. If Dak is asking for $38 per, I'm drafting Jordan Love

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$33 jumping to $38. If Dak is asking for $38 per, I'm drafting Jordan Love
I don't disagree on getting a different QB if that is the number (I'd sign one of these vets to a one or two year deal and also draft a guy early) but I guess one of the points I've been trying to make is do we really know what the numbers are? I can't fault Dak based on rumors, but I will if they are more than just rumors.

I'm struggling to figure out if I personally think we are better off with Dak or with both Brady and a guy like your guy Love (or whomever) or maybe you get both Bridgewater and Clowney for the price of Dak and draft a QB in the first round (trade up?). If it were my call my first choice is signing Dak, but I'm not letting him hold me hostage or ruin the season by holding out until right before week 1 or longer. I know I sound like a broken record but this is the one season where there are definitely other options. There are a few starting caliber QB FAs and there are also a bunch of guys in the draft viewed as possible first rounders.