• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, my bad, I am so used him being overlooked, I overlooked him lol! good job giving him some cred!
I was never really down on the guy. I always thought that in the right spot that he could be really good. Next year is a big year for him. I think mentally expectations got to him and he didn’t handle it well with the Rams. Lions will have expectations next year. True test will be how he responds to that.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury concerns outweigh guaranteed contract. kind of as simple as that.
That. He only played in 12 games in 2021 and 2022. Whether it's fair or not, his reliance on his legs to move the ball is looked at as a liability.

The age of great NFL running backs is OVER for this reason alone.

The Bills and Eagles could find themselves stuck with big money QBs who miss alot of games. But right now I would take Hurts and Allen over Lamar because they've won more playoff games than he has.

His last playoff game was a 17-3 loss to the Bills. A week later the Chiefs put 38 points on that Bills defense. That's a pretty drastic difference if you're comparing franchise QBs.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. A good Arguement can be made for top 15. but not top 10.....

Jackson is a Good Runner with a Meh arm.

Probably 11 or 12 on My list

Allen
Mahomes
Burrow
Rodgers
Purdy
Hurts
Smith
Hebert
R. Wilson
Dak
Not bad, but Purdy, Dak, Geno, and Hurts are not better than Lamar.
Allen
Mahomes
Burrow
Rodgers
Herbert
Wilson
Carr
Lawrence
Stafford
so I got Lamar around 10

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same 5 can be found on all top 10 lists, then it's subjective as all get out with no opinion carrying more value.

NO?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen
Mahomes
Burrow
Rodgers
Herbert
Wilson
Carr
Lawrence
Stafford
so I got Lamar around 10
Carr Wilson Rodgers aren’t better than Lamar. The last two names are atta guys based on what they used to do, not what they can do right now.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr Wilson Rodgers aren’t better than Lamar. The last two names are atta guys based on what they used to do, not what they can do right now.
I may give you Carr and Wilson but Rodgers is still amazing at what he does, father time hasn't caught him yet and he is the most talented qb I've ever seen and I had Peyton Manning on my team if that tells you how highly I think of Rodgers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may give you Carr and Wilson but Rodgers is still amazing at what he does, father time hasn't caught him yet and he is the most talented qb I've ever seen and I had Peyton Manning on my team if that tells you how highly I think of Rodgers.
I watched a ton of him last year because he was my fantasy QB I drafted in the 10th round. He isn’t the same guy. He’s a plus NFL starter and in the top 10 but he’s not better than Lamar. I don’t think guys appreciate the stress a QB with his skill set puts on the defense. You can’t play man because Lamar will just tuck and run. You can’t play 2 safeties high because they’re just going to run the ball. So you have to play some version of cover 3 which is an easier look to pick apart with formation attacking seams. I don’t think the Ravens have used him the right way at all. Check out Lamar’s numbers and ratings from the pocket. They’re better than you think.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen
Mahomes
Burrow
Rodgers
Herbert
Wilson
Carr
Lawrence
Stafford
so I got Lamar around 10

As of today I'd also put lamar top 10 when healthy. I'd pay him 3 years 140 million with 75 percent guaranteed all day.

But there are legit concerns on his health and sustainability here. And his demands are driving his value down.

Whereas Watson's demand was created by the market.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....one opinion rates higher than all others here.
True legend in his own mind.

o

Fixed.

in my not humble opinion

There were multiple teams vying for his services.

The Browns went overboard to get him and win that bidding.

Lamar is starting at overboard for his services. Thus the lack of interest.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

opinions vary.
The Browns set the market. Lamar is spinning the wheel and the Ravens are teaching teams how this is done.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinions vary.
The Browns set the market. Lamar is spinning the wheel and the Ravens are teaching teams how this is done.

If it was Pat Mahomes they'd bend over and pay. It's because he's a potentially volatile product so he's a God damned idiot for being so obtuse in his negotiations.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The absolute best i'd give Jackson would be $125M/3 years with $80M/2 years fully guaranteed and the remainder in year 3 guaranteeing if he's on the roster for the Week 15 game of year 2 - and I wouldn't be thrilled about signing him to that contract. That total equates to tag, 1st tag X120%, and 2nd tag X144% but the 1st 2 years money and guarantees are better. He can play out 3 years on tags if he'd prefer to be free in 2026. I can't see any reason to pay him more than that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Browns basically screwed themselves by kicking Mayfield to the curb too soon and got seriously stuck when Watson told them "NO" the first time....so, they panicked and went overboard to get him to say yes.

It's not really a surprise that LJ is having issues garnering interest - the same teams that were not willing to meet the guarantee for Watson are some of the same rumored teams that are not interested in LJ who is, wait for it.....wanting a fully guaranteed contract.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The absolute best i'd give Jackson would be $125M/3 years with $80M/2 years fully guaranteed and the remainder in year 3 guaranteeing if he's on the roster for the Week 15 game of year 2 - and I wouldn't be thrilled about signing him to that contract. That total equates to tag, 1st tag X120%, and 2nd tag X144% but the 1st 2 years money and guarantees are better. He can play out 3 years on tags if he'd prefer to be free in 2026. I can't see any reason to pay him more than that.
and you show your racism and collusion, collusion being the other big buzzword to show the man keeping down the minorities in the NFL!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about a guy who hasn't finished the last 2 years.

In another thread they're talking trash on a guy that was back to back MVP in a more recent timeframe.

Funny.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about a guy who hasn't finished the last 2 years.

In another thread they're talking trash on a guy that was back to back MVP in a more recent timeframe.

Funny.
Also, he is 1-3 in playoff games