• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad thing is most players don't see the ugly negotiation side of things...normally it is their agent/lawyer negotiating this stuff and the player doesn't have to get so pissed off with their team with the look behind the scenes. Now, the agent is going to consult said player, but the player is not part of the ugly part. Lamar is, because he is his own agent. I don't think there is a chance in hell Lamar goes back to the Ravens with hurt feelings unless the Ravens offer up the highest guaranteed contract.

Owners do not want guaranteed contracts, especially to the highest paid position on the field that should be making their living with their arm, not necessarily their legs. You have a non-mobile QB you can still have a great QB. You have a mobile QB that can no longer run and arm talent is questionable, well, that is now a terrible investment.

Unfortunately, Lamar doesn't have the right skill set at QB to make him worth a fully guaranteed contract.

I am not saying Lamar is not worth $50 million a year so to say, but I would never fully guarantee that thing, especially with him getting his legs hurt in back to back seasons.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he should be able to use someone he trusts.

What's the NFLPA certification course?

He passed on 140 million guaranteed and has a used car salesman trying to work his deal for him.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh

I think that's because he's a racist
Can’t really call him that. You pretty much have the same view of the player too. Don’t care what color the dude is, he’s dumber than a box of rocks obviously

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t really call him that. You pretty much have the same view of the player too. Don’t care what color the dude is, he’s dumber than a box of rocks obviously

I have never taken quite the negative angle on his overall ability. He's an incredible athlete and a top half qb. But yes he is a dumb human being. Which has nothing to do with his race. From what I saw of old school he was bashing the guys inpact even when he was winning an MVP.

But yes he's always been dumb.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the NFL isn't in the habit of sending out notices like this on a whim....something has to have happened....Lamar is likely costing himself a lot of money right now....

Yep.

I've never thought giving him a 200 million dollar contract was some absurd premise but the fact he's been negotiating from a fully guaranteed or nothing standpoint is why he is here. An agent could've done all the work. A big part of the reason he's so salty is because he is personally handling this stuff rather than an agent.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should Lamar be complaining about lack of interest?
Check your savings account - nobody is getting any interest!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I've never thought giving him a 200 million dollar contract was some absurd premise but the fact he's been negotiating from a fully guaranteed or nothing standpoint is why he is here. An agent could've done all the work. A big part of the reason he's so salty is because he is personally handling this stuff rather than an agent.
Which is why GM's don't like dealing directly with a player.
If a player coerces a big deal the GM loses.
If the GM gets a good deal the player is pissed and the GM loses......

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really annoying me is the claims of racism. The only qb to get a fully guaranteed deal is black. Kyler Murray is black. Pat Mahomes is mixed. Geno Smith just got a huge deal.

Lamar is here because he doesn't have an agent and he signaled loud and clear he would only sign a fully guaranteed deal that was the largest ever.

You can certainly start on the high end and work in but you can't just stay there

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really annoying me is the claims of racism. The only qb to get a fully guaranteed deal is black. Kyler Murray is black. Pat Mahomes is mixed. Geno Smith just got a huge deal.

Lamar is here because he doesn't have an agent and he signaled loud and clear he would only sign a fully guaranteed deal that was the largest ever.

You can certainly start on the high end and work in but you can't just stay there
I have noticed the people screaming collusion and claiming Lamar is being treated unfairly are people of color. They did the same thing in Washington as they stuck up for RGIII when it was clear he sucked and claimed Dwayne Haskins was treated unfairly. It's grown annoying.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The most important color is always green. Lamar said the wrong words - “fully guaranteed”. Owners aren’t going to let that happen and it’s easier to make that happen because he has no agent advising him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important color is always green. Lamar said the wrong words - “fully guaranteed”. Owners aren’t going to let that happen and it’s easier to make that happen because he has no agent advising him.

If there is truth to the fact he was offered 3 years fully guaranteed I'd like to think an agent could have talked him into it.

120 million sets you for life and the org had no outs and you still have near a decade left of your career.

This Is Lamars ego getting in his own way.