• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts maybe the only team that could go after Lamar? I think there is a way to do it where they dont have to give up this year's pick in the 2 1sts so the Colts could take a blue chip player this year and go Lamar and maybe just try to be set with that.

Does Lamar need an agent to pull this off? Not sure.
Any team can negotiate a different value trade agreement with the Ravens. It doesn't have to be 1st round picks in the next 2 Drafts, but the Ravens have the right to decline anything other than the official tag terms. Trades have happened before with other tags. Part of the problem is the wide range of values 1st round picks can have.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Jackson has requested trade from Ravens

From the article:

Sounds like Lamar is going to be stuck in Baltimore under the franchise tag. Hope he doesn't go insane and just refuse to play because if he is truly trying to do what is best for his family, then making nothing and still being stuck under the franchise tag is the worst possible avenue.

He's just done. Nobody is going to trade massively for him. He's gotten worse every year, doesn't do crap in the playoffs, etc. I said it when he was drafted... 5 years before he's just washed up and nobody wants him. If the Ravens REALLY did offer $133M fully guaranteed over 3 years and he turned it down he's a fuckin' moron.

Not to mention most of the large QB contracts have been colossal busts lately. Watson lol, Rodgers lol, Wilson lol, Murray lol. Allen is still okay but has a STACKED team and once his cap hit starts up RIP the talent there. Mahomes is probably the only one that survived but also has one of the best offensive minded coaches in NFL history (and a cake division too boot).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just done. Nobody is going to trade massively for him. He's gotten worse every year, doesn't do crap in the playoffs, etc. I said it when he was drafted... 5 years before he's just washed up and nobody wants him. If the Ravens REALLY did offer $133M fully guaranteed over 3 years and he turned it down he's a fuckin' moron.

Eh. You didn't really nail it considering he was a late first who became an MVP. He did more than okay considering his slot.

But your latter point...yes he's a moron.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. You didn't really nail it considering he was a late first who became an MVP. He did more than okay considering his slot.

But your latter point...yes he's a moron.

Hey, you get 4-5 years out of him (5th year option, EXACTLY why Balti moved up to 32) and that was that. There was zero doubt he was a Michael Vick/electric like player and I'll give him something - he did improve his passing a bit since college (which steadily went up during college in completion % - so there was some evidence there).

But get in the playoffs against better defenses and where injuries/wear-tear especially for run first QBs start to pile up and give me a break. It's not sustainable. I called RG3 out as well when he was drafted. Run and gun QB and we all saw the colossal failure of that. Cam was a BIT of an exception, but never was elite... the only time he stood a chance was when he had the best defense in the NFL - similar to Wilson (and the only reason the Pats won was because half Seattle's starting defense was out by the 3rd quarter).

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
________________________________________________________________________________________

the pride demonstrated decades ago has left the building.
We are a country at war with ourselves.

please keep the political BS where it belongs. You should have all you need on your team board.
That’s not necessarily political. Now it may be an insult in some folks eyes, but the fruit loop I said that to is proud of it

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blee dat will end up not signing the tag and set the year out. I’ve always said the ravens wouldn’t be dumb enough to sign him to a big deal and Huntley is comparable to him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again for the hundredth time. Because he doesn't have an agent the situation is even worse.
Oh there is no question an agent would help But it's not like players with agents have not held out. Lamar is dug in and I doubt even an agent would be able to talk sense into him.

As for the other posts I have always been in the same camp about mobile QBs as @Sharkonabicycle. They just don't win in January very often. The other post about the mega contracts to Murray, Wilson, etc is also a very good point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of jealous old Boomers pissed that I answered a question yesterday and they didn’t like the answer. Don’t get jealous, get better.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blee dat will end up not signing the tag and set the year out. I’ve always said the ravens wouldn’t be dumb enough to sign him to a big deal and Huntley is comparable to him.

Huntley is comparable to him in the sense they are both black dudes who are athletic. Lamar is a much better qb.
Oh there is no question an agent would help But it's not like players with agents have not held out. Lamar is dug in and I doubt even an agent would be able to talk sense into him.

As for the other posts I have always been in the same camp about mobile QBs as @Sharkonabicycle. They just don't win in January very often. The other post about the mega contracts to Murray, Wilson, etc is also a very good point.

They've held out yes...

But negotiating a trade of such an asset is going to be made that much more difficult because agents have the means to get a feel for the marker than a player trying that himself

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team can negotiate a different value trade agreement with the Ravens. It doesn't have to be 1st round picks in the next 2 Drafts, but the Ravens have the right to decline anything other than the official tag terms. Trades have happened before with other tags. Part of the problem is the wide range of values 1st round picks can have.
well, two first round picks is pretty light return for Jackson anyway. See McCaffery, see what Arizona wants for Hopkins, both cases are more than just two first round picks.

Most sense was written a few pages ago, Indy can do this, but wait until after the draft. But the reason no teams are spending time trying to write a contract is pretty simple, Baltimore just uses it for their match deal. This is a shrewd deal by Baltimore, simply telling Lamar, if you do not think we are giving enough, see what other teams will offer, AND FORGET ABOUT THE WATSON DEAL.

I mean, A-Roid rodgers says he will retire or play with the Jets, and they still cannot get a deal done.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious with this???

The dude is still the difference maker he has always been. Very far from being washed up. Teams not wanting to give him a ridiculous contract (after giving up draft picks in a trade) doesn't mean nobody wants him. That's just a stupid thing to say.

You obviously just don't like him (which is absolutely fine), but you honestly couldn't be further off base in this post.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dude is still the difference maker he has always been. Very far from being washed up. Teams not wanting to give him a ridiculous contract (after giving up draft picks in a trade) doesn't mean nobody wants him. That's just a stupid thing to say.

You obviously just don't like him (which is absolutely fine), but you honestly couldn't be further off base in this post.
He's a dangerous player when he's on the field. He got a concussion in the the playoffs in 2020 and was out for the game, they lost. He went out in week 14 in 2021 and never came back. He went out in week 13 in 2022 and never came back.

Can't win playoff games if your QB is on the bench. Can't build a team that can win, if your QB is on the bench AND he accounts for 25% of your cap space with a fully guaranteed contract. As he racks up injuries, because he is a running QB and he will rack up injuries, he will miss more time, and his body will break down quickly. I don't even think it's a gamble to bet on him, it's a sure thing to end in disaster if any team offers him the contract he wants. He turned down a 5-year 250 million contract with 133 million guaranteed. That's crazy money to give him on it's own. Forget the draft picks that they might have to part with to get him from Baltimore, that just makes it all even worse.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a dangerous player when he's on the field. He got a concussion in the the playoffs in 2020 and was out for the game, they lost. He went out in week 14 in 2021 and never came back. He went out in week 13 in 2022 and never came back.

Can't win playoff games if your QB is on the bench. Can't build a team that can win, if your QB is on the bench AND he accounts for 25% of your cap space with a fully guaranteed contract. As he racks up injuries, because he is a running QB and he will rack up injuries, he will miss more time, and his body will break down quickly. I don't even think it's a gamble to bet on him, it's a sure thing to end in disaster if any team offers him the contract he wants. He turned down a 5-year 250 million contract with 133 million guaranteed. That's crazy money to give him on it's own. Forget the draft picks that they might have to part with to get him from Baltimore, that just makes it all even worse.
I don't disagree with any of this.

I just wouldn't be claiming victory on a prediction that he would be washed up and a player no team wants after 5 years in the league.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of this.

I just wouldn't be claiming victory on a prediction that he would be washed up and a player no team wants after 5 years in the league.
Haslam really fucked over the entire league giving a sexual predator who didn't play a snap the year prior a giant fully guaranteed contract.

I hope for nothing but misery and basement finishes for that franchise for the next 5 years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offer sheets must be signed and returned to the original team several days before the upcoming Draft. The original team must be given 5 days to decide whether to match the offer or take the picks.

Teams can sign Lamar AFTER the draft and give up 2 future 1st’s round picks if the Ravens decline to match. It doesn’t have to happen before this upcoming draft.

There is a deadline of a week before the draft for restricted FA's. But that same timeline doesnt extend to the franchise protected players. At least that is what I read.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well saying "he's done" I agree is not very accurate, but what is accurate is what you said (and what I was implying) about teams not wanting to give him a ridiculous contract. Of course someone will take him for a much smaller contract, but the $200M+ he wants, lol give me a break.

And his better years are behind him. I don't see how he's magically going to rebound and just start winning Super Bowls now, especially if he's got an insane contract and can only be on the field 75% of the games at 100%.

As for your other comment "You obviously just don't like him." Ugh, I get it's the Internet and people post stupid things but I hate these comments. I don't even know Lamar Jackson and he's never been a jackass on the field so what basis do you have that I 'just don't like him'? I stay pretty objective when it comes to certain types of players and the highly mobile QB (especially one taking ridiculous hits like Lamar does) just really isn't sustainable... and come playoffs they are often too beat up and against better defenses that can stop it, and it's done and done...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well saying "he's done" I agree is not very accurate, but what is accurate is what you said (and what I was implying) about teams not wanting to give him a ridiculous contract. Of course someone will take him for a much smaller contract, but the $200M+ he wants, lol give me a break.

And his better years are behind him. I don't see how he's magically going to rebound and just start winning Super Bowls now, especially if he's got an insane contract and can only be on the field 75% of the games at 100%.

As for your other comment "You obviously just don't like him." Ugh, I get it's the Internet and people post stupid things but I hate these comments. I don't even know Lamar Jackson and he's never been a jackass on the field so what basis do you have that I 'just don't like him'? I stay pretty objective when it comes to certain types of players and the highly mobile QB (especially one taking ridiculous hits like Lamar does) just really isn't sustainable... and come playoffs they are often too beat up and against better defenses that can stop it, and done and done...
The bottom line is this:

Lamar is an amazing athlete who plays the QB position - and his long-term prognosis at QB doesn't bode well when considering the history of similar style QB's. Once their legs go, without the ability to truly rely on their arm, their impact dramatically diminishes. We're not talking the slow fade into backup QB - we're talking the steep drop off into oblivion. Any team willing to take on Lamar is going to want some protections on future years based on that history. It's not an unreasonable ask. If he wants to be a different type of QB, that is fine, but he's going to get paid like a different type of QB....that doesn't always mean better.....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of jealous old Boomers pissed that I answered a question yesterday and they didn’t like the answer. Don’t get jealous, get better.
.I went back several pages to be enlightened by your wisdom. I mostly found you bragging about how well you have done and how you could buy and sell us. After that I, as well as most everyone else, tuned you out because you came off like asshole,