• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.I went back several pages to be enlightened by your wisdom. I mostly found you bragging about how well you have done and how you could buy and sell us. After that I, as well as most everyone else, tuned you out because you came off like asshole,
Got it. Im the asshole.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well saying "he's done" I agree is not very accurate, but what is accurate is what you said (and what I was implying) about teams not wanting to give him a ridiculous contract. Of course someone will take him for a much smaller contract, but the $200M+ he wants, lol give me a break.

And his better years are behind him. I don't see how he's magically going to rebound and just start winning Super Bowls now, especially if he's got an insane contract and can only be on the field 75% of the games at 100%.

As for your other comment "You obviously just don't like him." Ugh, I get it's the Internet and people post stupid things but I hate these comments. I don't even know Lamar Jackson and he's never been a jackass on the field so what basis do you have that I 'just don't like him'? I stay pretty objective when it comes to certain types of players and the highly mobile QB (especially one taking ridiculous hits like Lamar does) just really isn't sustainable... and come playoffs they are often too beat up and against better defenses that can stop it, and it's done and done...
What basis do I have? Your complete hyperbole regarding where he is right now as a player and you jumping at the opportunity to try and convince people that you knew all along he would be washed up and nobody would want him after 5 years.

The fact that this is as big a story as it is speaks to the fact that he is still very much relevant in this league. We aren't having this discussion about a washed up player that nobody wants.

BTW...Lamar doesn't take ridiculous hits and the hits he does take are in the pocket (just like any other QB).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What basis do I have? Your complete hyperbole regarding where he is right now as a player and you jumping at the opportunity to try and convince people that you knew all along he would be washed up and nobody would want him after 5 years.

The fact that this is as big a story as it is speaks to the fact that he is still very much relevant in this league. We aren't having this discussion about a washed up player that nobody wants.

BTW...Lamar doesn't take ridiculous hits and the hits he does take are in the pocket (just like any other QB).

What? When he runs he runs into traffic all the time and doesn't slide. Eventually every player washes up, duh. I said it would happen to him much sooner than most QBs. He's not 'DONE' but nobody is paying a premium price.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? When he runs he runs into traffic all the time and doesn't slide. Eventually every player washes up, duh. I said it would happen to him much sooner than most QBs. He's not 'DONE' but nobody is paying a premium price.
On top of everything else, you obviously haven't watched him play much. He takes very little punishment as a runner.

You make some dumb ass comment like "eventually every player washes up" and then put a duh at the end??? I'm not even sure wtf that's supposed to mean. We are talking about Lamar Jackson after 5 years.

Here are the facts:

1. He is far from washed up.

2. A team will absolutely pay a "premium" price. Just not the price that he is looking for right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of everything else, you obviously haven't watched him play much. He takes very little punishment as a runner.

You make some dumb ass comment like "eventually every player washes up" and then put a duh at the end??? I'm not even sure wtf that's supposed to mean. We are talking about Lamar Jackson after 5 years.

Here are the facts:

2. A team will absolutely pay a "premium" price. Just not the price that he is looking for right now.

Well, fair. Washed up is a stupid term to use. He still is useful and can be effective. I just don't think it's a long term solution by any means given his style of play and that he's declined YOY after his 2nd season. I guess he was a bit better last season compared to 2021, but they both weren't anything like his first two starting seasons. Usually at this point in your career you're getting better as a QB, not worse... and he's missed what, 4-5 games the last two seasons?

Yes washed up is a bad term, because it means he's done. I agree, and you're correct for calling me out. But he's certainly not someone I'd want on my team (at least for anything over $30M per - now feel free to make him whatever with all the incentives - namely games played, rushing yards, playoffs - you want).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fair. Washed up is a stupid term to use. He still is useful and can be effective. I just don't think it's a long term solution by any means given his style of play and that he's declined YOY after his 2nd season. I guess he was a bit better last season compared to 2021, but they both weren't anything like his first two starting seasons. Usually at this point in your career you're getting better as a QB, not worse... and he's missed what, 4-5 games the last two seasons?

Yes washed up is a bad term, because it means he's done. I agree, and you're correct for calling me out. But he's certainly not someone I'd want on my team (at least for anything over $30M per - now feel free to make him whatever with all the incentives - namely games played, rushing yards, playoffs - you want).
Yes, these are points I totally get and agree with.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for my knowledge, because I have been hearing this alot today, does Lamar want a Full Guaranteed contract?

If so. It would be dumb.

I'm a wrestling fan and historian a bit.

I know the damage that a fully Guaranteed contract(s) can do to a company/team

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for my knowledge, because I have been hearing this alot today, does Lamar want a Full Guaranteed contract?

If so. It would be dumb.

I mean this is really all I have on it:

And yes, it's dumb.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If so. It would be dumb.

Lamar denied that the Ravens ever offered $133 guaranteed. I'm not sure who to believe without knowing who Schefter's sources are. If Lamar is saying they never offered that...does that mean he would accept that offer? Why publicly deny an offer that you wouldn't accept anyway?

There's a lot that we don't know and I'm 100% certain that the fact that Lamar doesn't have an agent has complicated things greatly.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson missed an entire year (contract holdout) and most of last season due to suspension, not to mention suffering an acl tear his rookie year

Lamar didn't play at the end of last year because he didn't want to be RGIII'd without a contract

wtf is he talking about??? Watson's missed way more games than Lamar has

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson missed an entire year (contract holdout) and most of last season due to suspension, not to mention suffering an acl tear his rookie year

Lamar didn't play at the end of last year because he didn't want to be RGIII'd without a contract

wtf is he talking about??? Watson's missed way more games than Lamar has
He's talking about wear and tear on lamar's body due to his style and the risk of injury due to that style.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are the facts:

Number 2 is 100 percent accurate.

Problem is he isn't budging. Otherwise he'd be a Raven on a huge deal.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the chatter about why he isn't signed, it still seems to me that the real reason is just that he doesn't have an agent. An agent might not get him north of 200 million guaranteed, but would have definitely got him a premium deal. And no, I don't think people are punishing him for not having an agent - I think it just turns out that having an agent is important to ensure that you get a good variety of options and ultimately a good deal.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson wants what he thinks he's worth, and he's not willing to sign for less. If no NFL GM values Jackson as highly as Jackson does then a deal isn't possible. In that scenario, (and that's likely where we are), it doesn't much matter who is representing Jackson.