• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious with this???

The dude is still the difference maker he has always been. Very far from being washed up. Teams not wanting to give him a ridiculous contract (after giving up draft picks in a trade) doesn't mean nobody wants him. That's just a stupid thing to say.

You obviously just don't like him (which is absolutely fine), but you honestly couldn't be further off base in this post.
Everything you write is exactly what people wrote about Cam Newton. Where is he? Out of football at 31, now in the Kapernick club. Everybody wanted the next Cam Newton, now everyone wants 8 years of cam newton.

The main difference between Watson and the rest of these guys is rushing. Watson will take off 6 times a game for about 30 yards, The rest of these, Jackson, Fields, run because they believe they are the only option. That is why they have short careers until the depend on the pass.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the chatter about why he isn't signed, it still seems to me that the real reason is just that he doesn't have an agent. An agent might not get him north of 200 million guaranteed, but would have definitely got him a premium deal. And no, I don't think people are punishing him for not having an agent - I think it just turns out that having an agent is important to ensure that you get a good variety of options and ultimately a good deal.
Not really. You can compare players to an agent. You cannot tell Lamar Jackson that he is not as good as someone else without it becoming personal. It is the only tool general managers have to negotiate.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson wants what he thinks he's worth, and he's not willing to sign for less. If no NFL GM values Jackson as highly as Jackson does then a deal isn't possible. In that scenario, (and that's likely where we are), it doesn't much matter who is representing Jackson.
That's it. Jackson has it in his head that he should get what he's asking for and he's not settling. Players regularly overvalue their worth and this is an extreme case. Doesn't look like this will end well for him as he seems stubborn enough to hold out.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. You can compare players to an agent. You cannot tell Lamar Jackson that he is not as good as someone else without it becoming personal. It is the only tool general managers have to negotiate.
Yes, but there are many ways to do a contract to get the "best" of a situation. And the relationships that agents develop with owners and GMs matter. You don't think agents have GMs that they prefer working with and those that they don't? And this doesn't impact FA deals? Yes, I agree that Lamar could just be stubborn.... But even stubborn people can be convinced if the pitch is made appropriately. Having the agent play middle-man can soften difficult messages and could have made the entire dialogue less adversarial.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the chatter about why he isn't signed, it still seems to me that the real reason is just that he doesn't have an agent. An agent might not get him north of 200 million guaranteed, but would have definitely got him a premium deal. And no, I don't think people are punishing him for not having an agent - I think it just turns out that having an agent is important to ensure that you get a good variety of options and ultimately a good deal.
As a contractor for years, I occasionally found a client I did not want to deal with.
Sometimes I could deal with his/her spouse. If not, I would walk away.
Refusing to deal with someone is not punishing them......

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...BUT, DOES NOT MATTER

The Browns empowered his smug ass. Watson made out very well. He won big time.

Would have loved to have been in that room when they decided giving that contract out......"let's make it guaranteed, he hasn't played in a while and has some serious character issues" "sounds good to me, pass the bourbon and crack please"

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have loved to have been in that room when they decided giving that contract out......"let's make it guaranteed, he hasn't played in a while and has some serious character issues" "sounds good to me, pass the bourbon and crack please"
I'm sure this back ass organization was ONLY thinking of their long-suffering fan base.

LOL...Cleveland can't get outta their own way.
So Cleveland like, and I loved the 1960's Browns.

LOL...those fans must all be dead.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this back ass organization was ONLY thinking of their long-suffering fan base.

LOL...Cleveland can't get outta their own way.
So Cleveland like, and I loved the 1960's Browns.

LOL...those fans must all be dead.

Not getting the QB position right for decades has doomed them……

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the only way to get Watson to waive his no trade clause. Watson held all the leverage if the Browns wanted him.

It's the same with Lamar. If a team wants him, they will have to meet his contract demands. That simple. He holds the leverage in that negotiations.

But with Baltimore, Lamar doesnt have quite the leverage because they have the tag.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Graziano reporting Lamar doesn't want a fully guaranteed deal

He just wants the most guaranteed money of all time

Well that's a relief. He actually wants MORE than reported previously lol

I can't imagine why he isn't signed yet.