• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I told you that you could sign CB Browner to a 4 year 20MM deal with 12 guaranteed, would you sign him and put Carr at FS. Now before you say Carr makes to much to play him at FS, no he doesn't, just wait until after Byrd gets paid this year. What would you do, because you are stuck with Carr for this year and next more than likely. Now also understand that if Rod does not switch to more man press, we would be in the same boat as last year as Browner is not a zone CB. In addition to that Browner is one more test away from getting the boot and you would still owe that 12MM on the cap even if it happened in year one. So what would you do is the question?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mcgill and Baptiste as cheaper alternatives in the draft. I do like browner though

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I told you that you could sign CB Browner to a 4 year 20MM deal with 12 guaranteed, would you sign him and put Carr at FS. Now before you say Carr makes to much to play him at FS, no he doesn't, just wait until after Byrd gets paid this year. What would you do, because you are stuck with Carr for this year and next more than likely. Now also understand that if Rod does not switch to more man press, we would be in the same boat as last year as Browner is not a zone CB. In addition to that Browner is one more test away from getting the boot and you would still owe that 12MM on the cap even if it happened in year one. So what would you do is the question?

Too big of a risk for this team, I would prefer to bring in Whitner for a stop gap until one of the younger safety's come along

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner will be lucky to get a 1 year prove it contract at the Vet Minimum. He will already have to serve a 4-game suspension anyway so essentially you are paying him for 12 games. No team is going to sign him for that kind of money though that you are talking about. I could see a 1 year $1 million contract with escalators built in if he meets certain criteria. Plus it would have to have written into the contract that if he ends up suspended again that all bonus money must be paid back.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too big of a risk for this team, I would prefer to bring in Whitner for a stop gap until one of the younger safety's come along

agree on Whitner but don't believe that any of the younger safeties we have will ever come along

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was going to do a move in FA for secondary

Id go get Champ Bailey who said he is willing to move to safety.

Though I think he ends up in New England on vet minimum chasing a ring

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant afford long FA contracts right now

we have to look for "older" vets willing to play of minimal contracts on 1-2 years deals

basically stop gap players .... until we can fill our neeeds through the draft with young guys with affordable contracts

Last edited by a moderator:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was my thought when I saw he got cut ,was if he would come in on the cheap he could help the young guys along but we need help back there and have for a long time

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though I think he ends up in New England on vet minimum chasing a ring

Agree. Champ on a two year deal is a safer bet than Browner. Browner is an allergy pill away from being gone.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I would go Bailey
1 For the reasons colors stated
2 say we had an injury to one of our Cbs ..... He can still play the position. I'm not saying he is top of the league Corner anymore ..... But he is still good enough So you have depth in case of injury
3 I can see him being better than Woodson or Sanders when they made the switch to FS

Depending on his price ..... and at his age .... I think he wants to go to someone with a chance to win a ring ..... Which wont be us this year.

I dont think a team could go wrong bringing him in

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with Whitner, he doesn't really complement Church very well. He's like a better version of him. We need a rangy ball hawk. OP is interesting. I've felt we needed a taller 6'+ corner. Browner could come cheap. Don't really believe in the oh we cant get him he's trouble thing. If he can play, and play with no distractions, sign him. He can contest those big receivers that kill us. Carr at safety is another matter.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need to draft a corner. Claiborne is always injured.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think Carr did well when he played FS for us, but I think in general it would expose his weaknesses more than his strengths. Staying with guys "in space" is his worst attribute. Press corner is his best position. That IMO is what we should do with him.

On Bailey - I think the downfall is well in effect with him. Don't see him being an NFL starter any more.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think Carr did well when he played FS for us, but I think in general it would expose his weaknesses more than his strengths. Staying with guys "in space" is his worst attribute. Press corner is his best position. That IMO is what we should do with him.

On Bailey - I think the downfall is well in effect with him. Don't see him being an NFL starter any more.

Agree he's done as a CB, but I think he can be a good FS. He may not get many ints but he does have a nose for the ball and will at least be able to knock the ball away before its caught.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree he's done as a CB, but I think he can be a good FS. He may not get many ints but he does have a nose for the ball and will at least be able to knock the ball away before its caught.

which would make him better than anything we have at FS currently on the team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the talk of signing Browner and moving Carr to S, or signing Bailey to play S when he's always played CB. Just sign Jarius Byrd to a longterm deal. Make the first couple of years cheap on base, put most of the money a few years down the road when the cap has gone up another $20-30 million per season. Then you have a great young S, and if Carr can't play this system, cut him, clear some cap space, and draft a CB who fits the system. Heck, use the 1st or 2nd rounder that everyone wants to use on S to get a CB after we sign Byrd

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which would make him better than anything we have at FS currently on the team

This is true...but you and I may be better than anything we have at FS!!!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the talk of signing Browner and moving Carr to S, or signing Bailey to play S when he's always played CB. Just sign Jarius Byrd to a longterm deal. Make the first couple of years cheap on base, put most of the money a few years down the road when the cap has gone up another $20-30 million per season. Then you have a great young S, and if Carr can't play this system, cut him, clear some cap space, and draft a CB who fits the system. Heck, use the 1st or 2nd rounder that everyone wants to use on S to get a CB after we sign Byrd

come on man .... we are not a player away .....

I know offseason is boring ...... that would rank top 5 dumbest ever Cowboys moves

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true...but you and I may be better than anything we have at FS!!!

HAHA not me ..... had my share of running LMAO

Id rather watch and direct now days