• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the talk of signing Browner and moving Carr to S, or signing Bailey to play S when he's always played CB. Just sign Jarius Byrd to a longterm deal. Make the first couple of years cheap on base, put most of the money a few years down the road when the cap has gone up another $20-30 million per season. Then you have a great young S, and if Carr can't play this system, cut him, clear some cap space, and draft a CB who fits the system. Heck, use the 1st or 2nd rounder that everyone wants to use on S to get a CB after we sign Byrd

How much and how long of a contract with Byrd want vs how much and length of a deal will it take for Bailey and or Browner?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team needs CB help, Browner might be a great pickup.
Main concerns on him are ...
1 Health. He torn his groin pretty bad around week 10 last year.
2 Has he lost anything in his ability in the last year.
I wouldn't worry about him getting a future suspension. He lost tons because of a prior suspension and whoever signs him will have their safety nets installed in contract language.
If on his game, he can be a major force on opposing WR's, especially the big ones. His weakness is the crafty little guys. He is also a very solid tackler and is adept at collecting INTs and running them back.
I would like to see him back in Seattle, but I think Maxwell has taken his job.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA not me ..... had my share of running LMAO

Id rather watch and direct now days

I will say I've always loved Bailey and if we could get him for at or near the veteran minimum I'd take a chance and see how it goes. Even if he isn't a starter he would be a good addition to our secondary. I just don't think he goes for that cheap and don't think we can match what he'll get to see if its been the injuries or age that has led to his decline. The guy from last year is clearly a backup, but who knows if he can rebound or not. If our cap weren't so tight I'd be for trying, but we just don't have money to spare.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I've always loved Bailey and if we could get him for at or near the veteran minimum I'd take a chance and see how it goes. Even if he isn't a starter he would be a good addition to our secondary. I just don't think he goes for that cheap and don't think we can match what he'll get to see if its been the injuries or age that has led to his decline. The guy from last year is clearly a backup, but who knows if he can rebound or not. If our cap weren't so tight I'd be for trying, but we just don't have money to spare.

and thats why I said we cant do long term deal in FA right now

now get an older stop gap guy ... ( like Bailey) vet minimum with incentives ..... thats something we can afford in FA

Not any of these 4 year contract bullshits that are being throw around ........... People can hang that circus shit up. Bored or not bored .... 1 it would be dumb 2 it's not fucking happening.

And I dont we land Bailey .... I do think he plays on the cheap.... I just think he is going ring hunting. ( to someone he considered a contender to win the superbowl)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much and how long of a contract with Byrd want vs how much and length of a deal will it take for Bailey and or Browner?

There's no doubt Byrd would cost more, and I know a lot of folks disagree. But the way I see it, you never get in trouble by giving money to a great player at a need position that changes a weakness to a strength. We've been wasting valuable draft picks(and money) on S for a while, and the spot is still broke. Byrd is one of the top 3-4 S in the game, and exactly what we need, a true CF. Just look at any Bills fansite, they are freaking gripping over losing this guy. Too me, if we signed one big FA(which is now possible), this is the guy. I agree with Twist, we are not one guy away from a Super Bowl. But say we signed Byrd, restructured Ware(I believe we will), get Crawford back, draft Donald or Jernigan in the first round, and add a CB or another DL in the 2nd that might start. With our offense, the defensive additions, and RM as the new DC, that's a playoff team IMO...unless the injury bug smashes us again

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt Byrd would cost more, and I know a lot of folks disagree. But the way I see it, you never get in trouble by giving money to a great player at a need position that changes a weakness to a strength.
We've been wasting valuable draft picks(and money) on S for a while, and the spot is still broke. Byrd is one of the top 3-4 S in the game, and exactly what we need, a true CF. Just look at any Bills fansite, they are freaking gripping over losing this guy. Too me, if we signed one big FA(which is now possible), this is the guy. I agree with Twist, we are not one guy away from a Super Bowl. But say we signed Byrd, restructured Ware(I believe we will), get Crawford back, draft Donald or Jernigan in the first round, and add a CB or another DL in the 2nd that might start. With our offense, the defensive additions, and RM as the new DC, that's a playoff team IMO...unless the injury bug smashes us again

I can argue this with one word. "Cowboys". And it's not just Jerry doing it. Look at the the history of Free Agency. It's scattered with superstar busts. We are cap strapped and cannot risk 10M a year and miss. I say don't even talk to Byrd. I'd rather stay with what we have and try to fix the future rather than give 50K to Byrdm

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt Byrd would cost more, and I know a lot of folks disagree. But the way I see it, you never get in trouble by giving money to a great player at a need position that changes a weakness to a strength. We've been wasting valuable draft picks(and money) on S for a while, and the spot is still broke. Byrd is one of the top 3-4 S in the game, and exactly what we need, a true CF. Just look at any Bills fansite, they are freaking gripping over losing this guy. Too me, if we signed one big FA(which is now possible), this is the guy. I agree with Twist, we are not one guy away from a Super Bowl. But say we signed Byrd, restructured Ware(I believe we will), get Crawford back, draft Donald or Jernigan in the first round, and add a CB or another DL in the 2nd that might start. With our offense, the defensive additions, and RM as the new DC, that's a playoff team IMO...unless the injury bug smashes us again

I agree Byrd is a perfect fit for our defense, but until the NFL does a way with the Cap it ain't gonna happen...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never say never. Case in point Brandon Carr. Two years in, we haven't turned weakness into strength and he's a cap liability.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never say never. Case in point Brandon Carr. Two years in, we haven't turned weakness into strength and he's a cap liability.

You're right, but in Carr's defense, he was brought in to play for Rob Ryan and he did a fine job under him. Last year he played for Kiffen in a totally different scheme, and besides all the injuries to the D, it sure looked like the game had passed Kiffen by a bit. I think RM will better utilize his talents. Until Jerry fires him and brings in Ray Horton to install the 3-4 :doh: