• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowherd: just admit you're critical of Lebron because you're worried he's better than Jordan

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider incidental contact to be an indicator of how physical the play is. It's incidental contact and by definition isn't intentionally physical. I do agree though that the refs appear to be starting to do a better job of letting incidental stuff go.

Sure, I agree with that.

But that incidental contact was called a foul more often than not. Even in the 90s.

As much crap as officials get, NBA refs are remarkably good. Basketball is extremely difficult to officiate. Especially at the highest level where the athletes are so phenomenal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I agree with that.

But that incidental contact was called a foul more often than not. Even in the 90s.

As much crap as officials get, NBA refs are remarkably good. Basketball is extremely difficult to officiate. Especially at the highest level where the athletes are so phenomenal.

Couldn't agree more. I think basketball, especially at the NBA level, is the most difficult of all sports to officiate. Yes, the refs blow calls. But it's amazing how often they are right and how often what appears to be a blown call in real time, ends up being the right call when shown in slow motion.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The 90s specifically.

There was no true rival for the Bulls, so less talented teams attempted to beat the crap out them physically because it was the only way to keep it close. That is a basic summary of the East playoffs for most of the decade.

The Pistons were so physically hard on Jordan in the late 80s and 1990 that they created a monster. It's not Jordan's fault nobody in that Era can touch him and nobody since can either.

The end

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for all the talk about athletes being so much "better", the centers today couldn't hold a candle to Akeem, Ewing, the admiral, Zo..

Dwight Howard and Deandre Jordan may be able to jump higher but their post moves/footwork and touch in the paint are not even close to the guys in the 90s. Prime example of "better athletes" doesn't mean they are better bball players.

The 90s was way more a complete game than bball is today with more balance inside/outside. Today is mostly a bunch of jump shooters that flop when barely touched. The hard foul is greatly missed in the NBA today IMO.

And Cousins is the only complete center in the NBA today.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for all the talk about athletes being so much "better", the centers today couldn't hold a candle to Akeem, Ewing, the admiral, Zo..

Dwight Howard and Deandre Jordan may be able to jump higher but their post moves/footwork and touch in the paint are not even close to the guys in the 90s. Prime example of "better athletes" doesn't mean they are better bball players.

The 90s was way more a complete game than bball is today with more balance inside/outside. Today is mostly a bunch of jump shooters that flop when barely touched. The hard foul is greatly missed in the NBA today IMO.

How can you say that about Cousins when you are so big on defense?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Centers just don't work in todays nba. They are too slow, and the 3 point shot is made at a much higher % than in the 90's. That made centers almost irrelevant.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons were so physically hard on Jordan in the late 80s and 1990 that they created a monster. It's not Jordan's fault nobody in that Era can touch him and nobody since can either.

The end

It had nothing to do with the pistons, it was more the league sucked, well the bulls had a super team. When the league was good and jordone had no pippen/phil he couldn't even get out of the 2nd round.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say that about Cousins when you are so big on defense?

He's one of the most compete centers as far as offense in the game today. He actually has post moves. They don't make them like they used to.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had nothing to do with the pistons, it was more the league sucked, well the bulls had a super team. When the league was good and jordone had no pippen/phil he couldn't even get out of the 2nd round.

Make sure you never take that helmet off. Keep it on at all times

Lebron had a similar team early in his career and got to the finals. Totally different eastern conference. Tells you how weak Lebrons eastern conference has been. Lebron has never had a loaded eastern conference like Jordan faced.

You really going to say the Celtics and Pistons sucked? Knicks?

Shows your tardness at a high level

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Centers just don't work in todays nba. They are too slow, and the 3 point shot is made at a much higher % than in the 90's. That made centers almost irrelevant.

It is a bit than that also though.

Analytics show that post play is not nearly as efficient as guard centric pick and roll offense. While today's centers are not as good, big man today are not asked to post. They learn how to be a roll guy and how to find space opposite a driving guard so they can catch a lob.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the most compete centers as far as offense in the game today. He actually has post moves. They don't make them like they used to.

Agreed, his offensive game is stellar.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you never take that helmet off. Keep it on at all times

Lebron had a similar team early in his career and got to the finals. Totally different eastern conference. Tells you how weak Lebrons eastern conference has been. Lebron has never had a loaded eastern conference like Jordan faced.

You really going to say the Celtics and Pistons sucked? Knicks?

Shows your tardness at a high level

Even your own Scottie Pippen thinks lebron is better overall basketball player than jordone

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even your own Scottie Pippen thinks lebron is better overall basketball player than jordone

I respect the fact that Pippen is using logic and actually putting thought into this instead of simply saying: 6>3.

But, it needs to be mentioned that Pippen is not exactly a neutral party here. First, I am sure he is tired of hearing that MJ was 6-0 in the Finals, because guess what? So was Pip.

Everyone who says that 6-0 is the reason MJ is GOAT is drastically downplaying Pippen's role in each and every title. Pippen was a great player in his own right, yet seems to ignored because he was the ultimate Robin. MJ would have 0 rings without Pippen. Pip was the perfect complement to Jordan. Part of the reason it worked so well was because he was willing to take a back seat.

anytime you hear Pippen talk about the Bulls team in context with today's best, he always says that his team would have smacked them. Since he is simultaneously talking up that MJ might not be GOAT, one has to question his motives.

It appears Pip believes MJ to be somewhat overrated in GOAT terms. I believe that he is, but it isn't the open and shit case most want to make it. Jordan did not walk on water.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the fact that Pippen is using logic and actually putting thought into this instead of simply saying: 6>3.

But, it needs to be mentioned that Pippen is not exactly a neutral party here. First, I am sure he is tired of hearing that MJ was 6-0 in the Finals, because guess what? So was Pip.

Everyone who says that 6-0 is the reason MJ is GOAT is drastically downplaying Pippen's role in each and every title. Pippen was a great player in his own right, yet seems to ignored because he was the ultimate Robin. MJ would have 0 rings without Pippen. Pip was the perfect complement to Jordan. Part of the reason it worked so well was because he was willing to take a back seat.

anytime you hear Pippen talk about the Bulls team in context with today's best, he always says that his team would have smacked them. Since he is simultaneously talking up that MJ might not be GOAT, one has to question his motives.

It appears Pip believes MJ to be somewhat overrated in GOAT terms. I believe that he is, but it isn't the open and shit case most want to make it. Jordan did not walk on water.

That reads funny aside from an unfortunate typo.

That should read that I believe MJ is the GoAT, not that he is overrated.

One thing is certain though: Jordan is not underrated.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie also thinks he's better than Lebron. He was a helluva SF and nightmare on D. But he couldn't shoot it from outside with a lot of consistency. Him and Jordan were pretty nasty on D anywhere on the court.

Can't imagine trying to go against either of them Much less both

Reactions: TJL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from start to finish Michael Jordan was the better player. Michael was just as good at the end of his career as he was on his first championship. It is a shame he finished and quit early. Had that Bulls team not broken up, I think Jordan could have easily won more championships and become untouchable in records. It's possible that LeBron has been better then Michael Jordan was in recent year, but I think even that is disputable. One thing for sure, is that LeBron has not played better than Michael Jordan for his entire career. I will still pick Michael Jordan from start to finish than I would LeBron

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from start to finish Michael Jordan was the better player. Michael was just as good at the end of his career as he was on his first championship. It is a shame he finished and quit early. Had that Bulls team not broken up, I think Jordan could have easily won more championships and become untouchable in records. It's possible that LeBron has been better then Michael Jordan was in recent year, but I think even that is disputable. One thing for sure, is that LeBron has not played better than Michael Jordan for his entire career. I will still pick Michael Jordan from start to finish than I would LeBron
I will have to retract this statement - Michael Jordan averaged 28 ppg, 6.5 RPG and 5.5 APG to Lebron's average was 20.9 ppg, 5.5 rpg and 5.9 apg

Second year was strange - Michael only played 18 games

Third year

Michael 37 ppg, 5.2 rpg and 4.6 apg
James 31 ppg, 7 rpg and 6.6 apg

In fact year by year Michael was higher in points per game, rebounds per game and assists, same thing for fg% and ft%. The 3 point shot bounced around for Michael and in fact his career averages are brought down only by those last two years he played for the Wizards. Year to year in his prime, Michael in his prime has better numbers than LeBron

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like the rest of us, you've completely forgotten his Wizards days. Can't say I blame you.