• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys trade for Trey Lance

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe even watch Buffalo

we-are.gif
He will be too 5 in the MVP voting

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance apparently got a sky-high score on the new, improved Wonderlic test. So did Brock Purdy. The highest score ever was by Pat MacInally, a punter. Not surprisingly, Fitzmagic from Harvard had the highest among quarterbacks. Brett Favre scored low.

And give some credit to Dak. He's probably the second best QB in the division.
Hate to say it but Danny jones will probably be the best in the end. Maybe Howell can supplant him soon

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John and Kyle totally fucked everything up starting with the dumb ass trade to move up to get not only a project, but probably one of the biggest project qbs of all time when they were in a win the super bowl now window. Then didn't give him time to develop. Then hamper his development. Then trade him away for nothing when the only thing backing up Brock is a shit bust qb in Darnold. Next year only Brock is on the books so we have to get another back up. Plus in Kyle's system QBs drop like flies. We had 5 season ending injuries to QBs last season.

This was a total fuckup by the front office from start to finish.

They moved Trey to Dallas as a favor to Try to put him in a much better situation, but it fucked over their own team.

I hope Brock does well, but Karma is a bitch and it might give us Darnold for the playoffs and I wouldn't trust him to QB a arena league team. He aint it.
As a local 9er fan I was shocked when the news broke the Ninets had traded up
I doubt very much itcwas for Lance. Shanny was supposedly interested in drafting Jones but the blow back was deafening. Local and national pundits, former 49ers were all clamouring for the next Mahomes. I always thought the decision to go in a different direction came from Jeb York. And what ever Jeb touches, goes down in flames

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John and Kyle totally fucked everything up starting with the dumb ass trade to move up to get not only a project, but probably one of the biggest project qbs of all time when they were in a win the super bowl now window. Then didn't give him time to develop. Then hamper his development. Then trade him away for nothing when the only thing backing up Brock is a shit bust qb in Darnold. Next year only Brock is on the books so we have to get another back up. Plus in Kyle's system QBs drop like flies. We had 5 season ending injuries to QBs last season.

This was a total fuckup by the front office from start to finish.

They moved Trey to Dallas as a favor to Try to put him in a much better situation, but it fucked over their own team.

I hope Brock does well, but Karma is a bitch and it might give us Darnold for the playoffs and I wouldn't trust him to QB a arena league team. He aint it.
Lance will never be as good as Darnold. The Niners saw that. Cowboys traded for garbage.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a local 9er fan I was shocked when the news broke the Ninets had traded up
I doubt very much itcwas for Lance. Shanny was supposedly interested in drafting Jones but the blow back was deafening. Local and national pundits, former 49ers were all clamouring for the next Mahomes. I always thought the decision to go in a different direction came from Jeb York. And what ever Jeb touches, goes down in flames
That's a valid point. I hadn't really thought about the owner meddling, although I probably should have, given the way some owners just can't see the forest for the trees at times. It has been obvious since Mahomes breakout year that many fans, media and owners all want "the next one". It's going to result in much more failure than success over the next few years but teams will continue to do it like the Colts this year.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believing in Purdy.....??.....lol

We will see.....I believe its gonna be a biig mistake.....TL has not had the chance to showcase his talent yet,while they took TL as a no.1 pick giving him the starting job lasr year too giving up on him after one game last season to giving Mr.Relevant a starting job.......??
For a 4th rounder nontheless.....

Its gonna be a big mistake if you ask me......but SF does have the team to hide the less talented Purdy.......

A team that really needs a qb should have taken that chance on him.......
49ers had a great defense last year,it remains to be seen how good it will be with a new coach.purdy was pretty good last year so i,m reluctant to doubt him now.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move makes sense. Brock "Mr. Relevant" / "Purdy Boy" Purdy played great last season, until he got hurt. You should reward players for their production. Trey Lance has only played in 4 games for the 49ers and didn't really do anything bad, bad. He just had the injury bug. It makes sense to trade him away. And yes, the 49ers made a mistake in drafting him, but it is not a huge loss. They are a Super Bowl contender this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only cause of a 4th, cause your boys offered a 5th for the garbage.

one....is one fucking philly fan NOT consumed with all things Dallas too much to ask.
This is more about Lance than it is about Dallas. Try to be more dramatic.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak heard the message loud and clear.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still shaking my head as to why this trade happened but watch him come in and Dak have a bad game, Lance gets in and takes the reigns