• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys trade for Trey Lance

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fair. At the same time, he’s protected the ball well for most seasons of his career. If you go back and watch the turnovers a number of them came off of tipped balls.
Like Carr last season?

Got it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been in the league for 2 years already. If he hasn't learned enough in those 2 years, what is he going to learn sitting for another year?
He's 23 lol. And his problems have been injuries more than anything else.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 23 lol. And his problems have been injuries more than anything else.

Were the injuries to his brain? I would have to assume he had a decent grasp of the Niners offense after two seasons, just needed time on the field to iron out his issues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This IMO is overrated news.

Trey Lance sucks and has always sucked. It was one of the stupidest trade ups and selections of all time but the 9ers were lucky to hit on enough players alongside a still fairly pedestrian QB required to make the simplest throws (Purdy is Garporlrorlrorl rebooted) that can get things done thanks to a stellar lineup that is cheap until everyone else in 2024.

That said, the Cowboys obviously have also made a mistake by giving that dumbass contract to the Dak, so now it's about money. Bring in the dork that was a top 5 overall pick!

End of day, it's an F grade for both teams.

San Fran = It was a stupid pick to begin with, everyone thought it was dumb, I graded it an F, and I get to stand by that.
Dallas = Also a stupid trade, your shitty contract to Dak I graded it an F (or maybe D) and I get to stand by that. The trade for an F rated player results in an F, so F.

F cancels F. And the 4th round pick is whatever.. nobody cares.

Someone could say: "But Trey Lance is a QB, he could be the future!" Trey Lance isn't gonna do a god damn thing.
Worst take ever for so many reasons. Don't confuse this comment with me thinking Lance is expected to be a starting NFL QB. A mid round pick for what is hopefully a #2 QB with a long shot attempt at being more is well worth it. High risk/high reward. No one expects him to a stud. With some luck he can hopefully someday be a Geno Smith :thumb:

Last edited:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hasnt a highlight of cowboy football been better with some great white hope taking the cowboys to wins?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Walter Payton man of the year award winner is a loser crybaby defined by his play last season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst take ever for so many reasons. Don't confuse this comment with me thinking Lance is expected to be a starting NFL QB. A mid round pick for what is hopefully a #2 QB with a long shot attempt at being more is well worth it. High risk/high reward. No one expects him to a stud. With some luck he can hopefully someday be a Geno Smith :thumb:
Meant to say "Low risk/high reward"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? If Dak struggles with turnovers like he did last year or gets off to a rocky start, Cowboys fans will start saying “play Lance”.
He isn't even the #2 right now. No reasonable fan is going to clamor for the Cowboys to play either Lance or Cooper Rush over Dak even if he makes the poor decisions that he did last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Kellen Moore's complicated offense the receivers walk up to the line, read the defense and decide which pattern to run and continue to read the defense while in the original pattern to determine if it needs to be broken off or changed. Note that this isn't just related to "hot reads" if there is a blitz. The QB has to make all of the same reads with 3 or 4 receivers. My understanding is Shanahan's offense has similarities to this. This requires a WR and QB to not only be intelligent and "football smart", but to also master the offense and be "experienced and ready" in order to succeed. McCarthy and Schottenheimer seem to have more of a "you are the bottle cap and you are the stick" type of offense and that isn't a bad thing IMHO after watching the confusion in Dallas over the past few years. The worst thing you can have is confusion and especially for young players. That's when you have mistakes. I had read Lance never grasped Shanahan's Offense. Let's see what happens. If he ever rises to backup level it's a good trade for Dallas. If he becomes more or is flipped for a pick it's even better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak heard the message loud and clear.

I guess if you get your news from other Eagles fans who also are trying to put their obsessed Cowboy agenda out there...
Here is the quote before they cut it up in that clip. Dak was upset for Will Grier being cut. Nothing else. Nice try though

"I can't say that I necessarily expected [a heads-up], no," Prescott said. "I understand though that that's business. I understand that they're probably on a timeline, they need to get something done. He felt like that strengthened this team and, yeah, ready to welcome [Lance] and, yeah, I mean knowing the strength of the quarterback room that we have. Honestly right now, my heart and my mind is with Will. So it's a tough situation, honestly. Love that guy to death over there. Plays his ass off, comes in, prepares the right way each and every day."

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agendas are strong this year.
NFL man of the year is now selfish and all about money.

LOL...haters hate

going to be fun watching the eagles tear through the conference this season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Carr last season?

Got it.
Maybe. I haven’t caught a ton of Carr’s games because the Raiders are a poorly run organization and largely irrelevant. I’ll take your word for it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the injuries to his brain? I would have to assume he had a decent grasp of the Niners offense after two seasons, just needed time on the field to iron out his issues.
We shall see

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Deshaun Watson has as horrible of a year as he did last year which is the worse trade? Obviously have to take into account the huge difference in salary between the two when deciding.

SF trade-up for Lance
Cle trade and contract given to Watson

I'm going with Watson "so far" but this year will go a long way towards judging that deal. He might have been the worst starting QB in the league last year at an AAV of $50M and a QBR of 40. But he has obviously been really good in the past.
Has a QB ever had a QBR less than his AAV before? With QB contracts getting as high as they are we might see QBs come close to achieving this dubious honor every year.