• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could winning the cup be bad for this organization?

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Zach saying he wants to win, and we do in fact win does he simply head off to the highest bidder as he has won a cup? I am hearing alot of people saying this but I think if we win it is all the more reason to come back and try to repeat

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way, I'd love to have Parise back, but if we win the Cup it well certainly soften the blow of his departure. And the glass half full way of looking at his departure is it frees up enough cap space for another big signing, or 2 good players.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i would imagine winning the cup this year will definitely hold some leverage/influence for Parise to stay. This is a good team and its showing...

Had we bounced early and ugly, then he would've been out for sure IMHO.

Winning the cup, Kovy being a top 10 player, top 5 skillset IMO, good hard nose forechecking/defense including some good to great vets and young players around... good situation.

Plus its a winning organization, not some slouch who got lucky this year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mentioned this on here like 3 months ago. But im sure we would all take a cup over and risk losing Parise. Even if we don't win it we arent a lock to get him so the cup will atleast like said just before soften the blow

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The cup is worth losing Parise.

I really think he's gonna go to the Rags for $9 mil+ per year. There isn't any way Lou can match something like that.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes it won't be to the Rags... him and Suter will head to Det, but every game we win increases our chances imo

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he doesnt go to the Rags.... Hes a good player that I would hate see die a slow death in the Rags system like Gomez did. He found out that it isnt brighter where the money is at all the time...

Im not even thinking of cup right now... lets just win the next game and really take hold of this series... ask this again when the playoffs ends and we are celebrating in the parkinglot... :)

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be sweet but we are a long long way away from this becoming a reality

Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the cup is never bad for any organization. The question you meant to ask was "Could winning the cup raise expectations to high?"

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just have a feeling that Sather will offer him a max over $9 mil per year contract.

It's a Glen Sather type signing. Pay $7 mil for Parise and $2 mil so the Devils don't get Parise. He's already done it with Holik and Gomez

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a guy leaves a team for a couple million more when he's already making enough to be set for life anyway, then fuck him, his priorities are shitty.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a guy leaves a team for a couple million more when he's already making enough to be set for life anyway, then fuck him, his priorities are shitty.

Agreed fully..factor in that he's already a captain at 27 shows that the organization trusts him and wants him to be their face for the next 10+ years.

The Devs will offer him a big contract no matter if we win the cup this year or not. He probably could make more going to Detroit or Minny or the Rangers but if money isnt the number 1 thing on his list then I see him back here.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree with 24 and irish. if he is going to leave over a few million then really screw him.

you have a top 5 scorer in the nhl on one line you have a rookie of the year player centering a line and a very capable zajac centering another. larrson/merrill in a few years could be a sick 1-2 punch and hopefully wedgewood isnt a bust. leave all that like you said while your captain your obviously the face of the franchise? if he did sign for the max contract how will that impact his new teams ability to sign/keep playerS?

like if the rangers did offer him max contract then who would they let go?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pretty much every team would consider losing half their roster as an acceptable cost to win the Cup. There's thirty teams fighting for it. It takes a long time for some of them to do so:

The Kings, Blues, Sabres, Canucks, Capitals, Sharks, Panthers, Coyotes, Predators, Thrashers/Jets, Wild, and Blue Jackets have never won the Cup. The first five of those teams have been around since at least 1975, which is a 36+ year drought for each of them. The Flyers have that same 36+ year drought, as their last Cup was in 1975. The Blackhawks just broke a 49 year streak two years ago. The Leafs haven't won since '68. The Isles, Flames, and Oilers all have over 20 years since the last cup. It takes a lot less time to rebuild a team than it does to win a second Cup for most teams, is what I'm trying to drive at. If you lose Parise to the market, I feel for you, and I really mean that. But if the reason he goes is because he wins a Cup this year, I have no sympathy whatsoever.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think pretty much every team would consider losing half their roster as an acceptable cost to win the Cup. There's thirty teams fighting for it. It takes a long time for some of them to do so:

The Kings, Blues, Sabres, Canucks, Capitals, Sharks, Panthers, Coyotes, Predators, Thrashers/Jets, Wild, and Blue Jackets have never won the Cup. The first five of those teams have been around since at least 1975, which is a 36+ year drought for each of them. The Flyers have that same 36+ year drought, as their last Cup was in 1975. The Blackhawks just broke a 49 year streak two years ago. The Leafs haven't won since '68. The Isles, Flames, and Oilers all have over 20 years since the last cup. It takes a lot less time to rebuild a team than it does to win a second Cup for most teams, is what I'm trying to drive at. If you lose Parise to the market, I feel for you, and I really mean that. But if the reason he goes is because he wins a Cup this year, I have no sympathy whatsoever.

If Parise no longer cares about winning after getting the cup and wanting to go somewhere else I would rather not have him on my team. He's so good because of his effort and tenacity. If he no longer is that hard working player then he's far from a top player in the league

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the best point I have seen so far Mad Captain... if all it takes for him to cash out is 1 Cup I don't want him anymore, he looks like a man possesed right now it's unreal as much as Zajac and Kovy are playing well you can really see the is the heart of this team

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mad cap

He would become gomez 2.0 how did that work out for him! Or holik 2.0. Not just saying because they went to the rangers but because they chased the big money

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That season saving back check in Game 6 is still the highlight of my playoffs.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Zach saying he wants to win, and we do in fact win does he simply head off to the highest bidder as he has won a cup? I am hearing alot of people saying this but I think if we win it is all the more reason to come back and try to repeat

The people you hear saying it are idiots...ignore them

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's funny cuz with every game we win I think it brings him that much closer to returning