• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could we make the Super Bowl next year?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Pick Lottery? Are we talking NFL or NBA?

No I mean winning the lottery.

Drafting a game changing player who dominates immediately the way RGIII did in 2012.

By the way Schmoop knows what you were trying to say, and he gave you two examples in the last two years where what you said doesn't happen, happened.

No he didn't. He cited Washington and Philly who each had dramatic personnel changes.

We're not going to have that. Our team is going to be nearly identical to last season's except Hatcher will be gone and probably Spenser too.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Was unaware of your intentions. my apologies for ruining it for you. My bad. (was wondering why you didn't correct him)

just his comments was confusing to me. was trying to find his angle, but none of it made any sense to me. We just had back to back last to 1st places. (in our division alone)

Yes but each of those came amid dramatic personnel changes which we're not going to have.

For fucks sake, Jerry Jones, himself, spent most of the season and now offseason iterating exactly how he won't be making any major changes going into 2014. Teams which finish 8-8 three straight seasons just don't win the Super Bowl without making changes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy was there some "dumb" in this thread. But, with that thread title was anyone surprised?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but each of those came amid dramatic personnel changes which we're not going to have.

For fucks sake, Jerry Jones, himself, spent most of the season and now offseason iterating exactly how he won't be making any major changes going into 2014. Teams which finish 8-8 three straight seasons just don't win the Super Bowl without making changes.
still not sure what point you are trying to make? We are also not in 1st or last place. :scratch:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I mean winning the lottery.

Drafting a game changing player who dominates immediately the way RGIII did in 2012.

No he didn't. He cited Washington and Philly who each had dramatic personnel changes.

We're not going to have that. Our team is going to be nearly identical to last season's except Hatcher will be gone and probably Spenser too.

Only thing of note Washington added was a QB and RB. What did Philly add? A coach?

Here's a nice bit of information for you. In 2003 KC went from worst to first. A team has done it every year since.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing of note Washington added was a QB and RB. What did Philly add? A coach?

Yeah, replacing a guy like Rex Grossman with RGIII is as small potatoes as having a backup that steps in and puts up a 119.2 (!) QB Rating.

:laugh3:

Here's a nice bit of information for you. In 2003 KC went from worst to first. A team has done it every year since.

Sure, and as a I said:

When it does happen it's almost always because some combination of big injuries to key players, a huge free agency signing, winning the draft pick lottery, or good ol' fashion luck.

We don't really have any of those things going for us. I think it's cute that you guys have already bet your allowances on a Super Bowl win for next season but it just isn't happening.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, replacing a guy like Rex Grossman with RGIII is as small potatoes as having a backup that steps in and puts up a 119.2 (!) QB Rating.

:laugh3:

Sure, and as a I said:

We don't really have any of those things going for us. I think it's cute that you guys have already bet your allowances on a Super Bowl win for next season but it just isn't happening.

So we don't have a lot of injuries? Maybe I was watching the Oklahoma State Cowboys then.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay Lemon.
lets reflect.

I made a comment about your comment about last to 1st. Giving examples of why that made no sense.
you then add stipulations to what you meant & I assume would continue to add them to disqualify all examples on why you were wrong. But while doing so you bring up the Cowboys which is completely irrelevant to the comment I made about your comment or even your own stipulations, since the Cowboys are neither in last or 1st place. :noidea: This really doesn't make a lot of sense.

So to speed up everything to make you right.
You are correct.
No team has ever gone from last place to 1st place, that started their season on a Tuesday.
This is a fact. congrats on being correct.

BTW for FYI. In the salary cap era teams going from last place to 1st place isn't abnormal. (kinda far from never happening)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay Lemon.
lets reflect.

I made a comment about your comment about last to 1st. Giving examples of why that made no sense.
you then add stipulations to what you meant & I assume would continue to add them to disqualify all examples on why you were wrong. But while doing so you bring up the Cowboys which is completely irrelevant to the comment I made about your comment or even your own stipulations, since the Cowboys are neither in last or 1st place. :noidea: This really doesn't make a lot of sense.

You are correct.
No team has ever gone from last place to 1st place, that started their season on a Tuesday.

BTW for FYI. In the salary cap era teams going from last place to 1st place isn't abnormal. (kinda far from never happening)

I wonder if he could find disclaimers for the 14 teams the previous 9 years.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we don't have a lot of injuries? Maybe I was watching the Oklahoma State Cowboys then.

I said injuries to key players.

We had plenty of injuries but most of them were to guys that just aren't very good. It doesn't really matter if Morris Claiborne or Orlando Scandrick starts in 2014 although at this point Scandrick looks like the better option anyway. It's true that Ratliff and Spencer were big time players who basically each missed the entire season but Ratliff now plays for Chicago and it's probable Spencer will sign elsewhere. Sean Lee is also another good player but seeing how he missed a season in college, basically all of '10, more than half of '12, and about 1/3 of '13 due to injuries expecting him to hold up for a full season is pretty silly.

Oh, and our best defender from '13 is almost certainly going to sign elsewhere.

Maybe you have been watching Oklahoma State because you certainly don't seem to know much about the Dallas Cowboys.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay Lemon.
lets reflect.

You are correct.

I never said it didn't happen.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my reading comprehension is slipping.

Looks that way because if your reading comprehension was up to par you would have seen I wrote:

Teams don't just go from first to last though. When it does happen it's almost always because some combination of big injuries to key players, a huge free agency signing, winning the draft pick lottery, or good ol' fashion luck.

The Cowboys had a ton of injuries on defense but most of the guys weren't especially good to begin with and we'll almost certainly lose Hatcher and probably Spencer this off season. Sean Lee is practically guaranteed to miss time next season and it looks like Demarcus Ware's days are numbered. We don't have the cap room for a big free agent signing and believing we will fill these holes in the draft is ridiculous.

I hope the Cowboys win it all next season but they're just not in a position for that to happen unless all of that ol' fashion luck goes their way and if you've watched Dallas Cowboy football over the past few seasons you know that's probably the least likely thing to occur.

in post # 25. Then saw I accidentally transposed first and last so corrected myself with:

Whoops. I meant to say "Teams don't just go from last to first though".

in post #26. Then pointed out to you that:

I was correcting the typo in the previous post.

in post #31.

Clearly I acknowledged it happens but that it's usually the result of serious changes and the Cowboys have pretty much said definitively that they will not be making any serious changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer: no.

Long answer: I want the Cowboys to be good again because I want to hate you instead of feel bad for you. Unfortunately Romo will cost you as many games as he wins for you, plus I think the Eagles are gonna be a thorn in your side next year. Honestly wish you luck, but I think you will have troubles even making the playoffs.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 11 years 16 teams have gone from last to first. A team has made last to first 15 out of the last 17 years. The only formula there is is PARITY. The league is setup for most teams to be right around 8-8.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 11 years 16 teams have gone from last to first. A team has made last to first 15 out of the last 17 years. The only formula there is is PARITY. The league is setup for most teams to be right around 8-8.

except not one of those teams did it starting the season on a Tuesday.
So Lemon is right :thumb:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I see how the offseason goes first?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said injuries to key players.

We had plenty of injuries but most of them were to guys that just aren't very good. It doesn't really matter if Morris Claiborne or Orlando Scandrick starts in 2014 although at this point Scandrick looks like the better option anyway. It's true that Ratliff and Spencer were big time players who basically each missed the entire season but Ratliff now plays for Chicago and it's probable Spencer will sign elsewhere. Sean Lee is also another good player but seeing how he missed a season in college, basically all of '10, more than half of '12, and about 1/3 of '13 due to injuries expecting him to hold up for a full season is pretty silly.

Oh, and our best defender from '13 is almost certainly going to sign elsewhere.

Maybe you have been watching Oklahoma State because you certainly don't seem to know much about the Dallas Cowboys.

You just make zero sense. Be a man, admit you were wrong and move on.

Now you say most of our injuries were to guys that weren't very good (although you then go on to contradict yourself)? It's as if you never saw a Cowboy game or even read about the team. That is just an asinine statement that most of the injured players weren't very good. Players who missed games: Ware, Romo, Lee, Hatcher, Waters, Spencer, Ratliff, plus other starters and guys that played important roles like Harris.