• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could we make the Super Bowl next year?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling man. Its true. Just like it was when I made this thread.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ssion/125826-no-offense-cowboys-fans-but.html

Ill make another one next year when you go 8-8 again. Reality is the team is talented in some spots but your D is bad, Romo isnt dependable, and the coaching is sketchy. Thats 8-8 all day.

I have to admit you are much better at predictions than me. For instance before the year started I didn't predict the Falcons would have been one of the worst teams in the league. I thought they were going to be good, but they were horrible. I really screwed that up because there was no way I could have seen them being so shitty, but yet they obviously were. I would have thought that right around the middle of January the Falcons would stillbe in the hunt, but they were out of it by the end of September...i was even arguing here with some that Ryan was a good QB, but damn did he look like shift his year...You Win!!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the Falcons record this year?

4-12, why is that relevant to discussion on the Cowboys??? My team has shown the ability to win 11,12,13 games in recent history when healthy. Yours has shown the ability to win 8. Even if the Falcons go 0-16 next year it doesnt change the fact the Cowboys will likely be 8-8 again.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure and the o-line will probably regress, and we don't have a dependable deep threat.
you keep doing the thinking

I don't know what to tell you, my man.

I just don't see anything that makes me believe Miles Austin is going to become an elite WR, Doug Free is going to the Pro Bowl next season, and our secondary will rival Seattle's. You obviously see something different and I hope you're right but I've watched football for too long to be especially upbeat over this team.

It's not like we've been a 12+ win team the past few seasons and you can realistically believe a few lucky breaks puts you in the Super Bowl. We're not one piece away. We've been an 8-8 team for years now and the core players responsible for that are only getting older. Given our cap room I would assume our roster isn't drastically different next season - which is good in your opinion because apparently the same team that hasn't broken .500 in years is poised for a Super Bowl run.

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't see anything that makes me believe Miles Austin is going to become an elite WR, Doug Free is going to the Pro Bowl next season, and our secondary will rival Seattle's. You obviously see something different and I hope you're right but I've watched football for too long to be especially upbeat over this team.

It's not like we've been a 12+ win team the past few seasons and you can realistically believe a few lucky breaks puts you in the Super Bowl. We're not one piece away. We've been an 8-8 team for years now and the core players responsible for that are only getting older. Given our cap room I would assume our roster isn't drastically different next season - which is good in your opinion because apparently the same team that hasn't broken .500 in years is poised for a Super Bowl run.

Thanks for being reasonable man. Appreciate self honesty. I dont think the Cowboys are a bad team, they would actually probably be my pick to win the NFCE next year if they get some improvemnt on D but in a league where SF/Seattle/Carolina are all so young, GB/NO have top tier QB's it is a stretch to say the Cowboys are only a bit away from a SB caliber team. Doesnt mean they suck at all. Just means they are probably the 6th/7th/8th best team in the NFC like theyve been the last 3 or 4 years.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know how the defense can't get much better? Cut the DL and LB injuries in half and the defense is better. I think we have two deep threats in Dez and Williams. I will agree Garrett leaves a lot to be desired on game day but I do like the type of players they have brought in since he took over. Do I think we are a SB team? No, not at the moment, but getting our injured back on the field and drafting 3 starters on D I wouldn't rule it out. Besides as Ford said "That's why they play the game". With your point of view we shouldn't even dress on Sunday's. Tell all the players to stay home and enjoy watching the other team play.

I have seen too many teams go from 1st to last. I have no idea why fans would call their team done next season before the current seasonsSB hasn't been played.

Teams don't just go from first to last though. When it does happen it's almost always because some combination of big injuries to key players, a huge free agency signing, winning the draft pick lottery, or good ol' fashion luck.

The Cowboys had a ton of injuries on defense but most of the guys weren't especially good to begin with and we'll almost certainly lose Hatcher and probably Spencer this off season. Sean Lee is practically guaranteed to miss time next season and it looks like Demarcus Ware's days are numbered. We don't have the cap room for a big free agent signing and believing we will fill these holes in the draft is ridiculous.

I hope the Cowboys win it all next season but they're just not in a position for that to happen unless all of that ol' fashion luck goes their way and if you've watched Dallas Cowboy football over the past few seasons you know that's probably the least likely thing to occur.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. I meant to say "Teams don't just go from last to first though".

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know what to tell you my man. Somewhere you took the road I think this is a super bowl team when all I was pointing out was your football stupidity about replacing a whole team and the oline regressing.

did you really like your own post?
now that's funny in itself

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. I meant to say "Teams don't just go from last to first though".

well lets see.
The Eagles went from last to 1st this last year & the year before that the skins went from last to 1st. Not sure what you are trying to say? maybe you meant they don't do it every year? :scratch:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets see.
The Eagles went from last to 1st this last year & the year before that the skins went from last to 1st. Not sure what you are trying to say? maybe you meant they don't do it every year? :scratch:

Schmoop, I was waiting for him to finish inserting his foot the rest of the way down his throat. Hell he had it 90% down already.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it never happens?

well lets see.

I was correcting the typo in the previous post.

I originally said:

Teams don't just go from first to last though. When it does happen it's almost always because some combination of big injuries to key players, a huge free agency signing, winning the draft pick lottery, or good ol' fashion luck.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was correcting the typo in the previous post.

I originally said:

Draft Pick Lottery? Are we talking NFL or NBA?

By the way Schmoop knows what you were trying to say, and he gave you two examples in the last two years where what you said doesn't happen, happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what to tell you my man. Somewhere you took the road I think this is a super bowl team when all I was pointing out was your football stupidity about replacing a whole team and the oline regressing.

My mistake. I didn't realize you were the Dallas Cowboys forum troll.

I'll ignore you from here on out.

did you really like your own post?
now that's funny in itself

I'm not sure what you're referring to. It doesn't seem like that's even possible.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'll ignore you from here on out"

I tried that...now I stomp on stupid football statements...you just got in the way

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. I didn't realize you were the Dallas Cowboys forum troll.

I'll ignore you from here on out.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. It doesn't seem like that's even possible.

Wow. PDay has been called a lot of things but I'm sure he has never been given the title of forum troll.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoop, I was waiting for him to finish inserting his foot the rest of the way down his throat. Hell he had it 90% down already.

Sorry. Was unaware of your intentions. my apologies for ruining it for you. My bad. (was wondering why you didn't correct him)

just his comments was confusing to me. was trying to find his angle, but none of it made any sense to me. We just had back to back last to 1st places. (in our division alone)