• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could we make the Super Bowl next year?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post #135, ''I point out football wrong''. When someone makes an absurd, self loving comment like that, he shouldn't get pissed when someone points out he misspelled Walsh four times in a single post.

who got pissed?...you assume here.

Have you been waiting on me to post again eric? now...:laugh3:who is pissed again?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Jerry is a "never was" ...that did not sound like you were giving credit.

Yes. You again seem so confused. Jerry gets credit for buying the team, for picking Jimmy and for staying out of his way while the team was built. What's hard to understand? You wanted to give Jerry credit and that's what he gets credit for.

Now being a true GM himself and building a team and picking players? Nothing more than a water boy trying to be the Quarterback...he is out of his league and its been proven for nearly 20 years running...you can disagree, but history with him running the show will be against you...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who got pissed?...you assume here.

Have you been waiting on me to post again eric? now...:laugh3:who is pissed again?

I'm not pissed, I actually find it quite funny that the vast football knowledge that is PDay thinks Walsh is Walch. And that you think I'm Eriko. I told ya, if you miss fighting with him, friend him on facebook

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pissed, I actually find it quite funny that the vast football knowledge that is PDay thinks Walsh is Walch. And that you think I'm Eriko. I told ya, if you miss fighting with him, friend him on facebook

It's true. My football knowledge is superior to what you display but you are the much better speller. I'm good with that. Congrats to you on the spelling part. That works well for some on message boards. Good call.

say.... For a guy who claims it's me looking to argue all the time....You sure jumped all over that spelling mistake.

move on eric....I'd prefer not to cat fight with you tonight. Go slam a cardinal fan or something

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. My football knowledge is superior to what you display but you are the much better speller. I'm good with that. Congrats to you on the spelling part. That works well for some on message boards. Good call.

say.... For a guy who claims it's me looking to argue all the time....You sure jumped all over that spelling mistake.

move on eric....I'd prefer not to cat fight with you tonight. Go slam a cardinal fan or something

As the saying goes Mate, if ya can't take it, don't dish it

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kettle

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. You again seem so confused. Jerry gets credit for buying the team, for picking Jimmy and for staying out of his way while the team was built. What's hard to understand? You wanted to give Jerry credit and that's what he gets credit for.

Now being a true GM himself and building a team and picking players? Nothing more than a water boy trying to be the Quarterback...he is out of his league and its been proven for nearly 20 years running...you can disagree, but history with him running the show will be against you...

No I don't disagree with the latter Jarntt. The is no defending Jerry the GM.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why you are saying Landry set us up for Troy, as though he tanked his last two years on purpose. Trust me. Landry was no nonsense and the last damn thing he was trying to do is get the 1st pick in the draft
Fucking Amazing.
Were in my post did I say anything about tanking. I was giving Landry credit for always looking into the future and building through the draft which he did almost all the time. I'm just saying he left Jimmy in great shape to get Troy and Irvin. With free agency kicking after the 1984 season and most of our super stars retiring like Waters, Martin, R. White, Jordan, etc., Dorsett off to Denver, we were bound to have a couple down years. Free agency changed the game and reloading now became rebuilding.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were in my post did I say anything about tanking. I was giving Landry credit for always looking into the future and building through the draft which he did almost all the time. I'm just saying he left Jimmy in great shape to get Troy and Irvin. With free agency kicking after the 1984 season and most of our super stars retiring like Waters, Martin, R. White, Jordan, etc., Dorsett off to Denver, we were bound to have a couple down years. Free agency changed the game and reloading now became rebuilding.

If he had looked into the future and said to himself, "I'm going to draft Irvin and Aikman in the next few years" there would be only one way for him to do so. It would have been to tank the season on purpose. Now while there are some coaches who will do so for a certain player, but Landry wasn't one of them. His thoughts in August of 88 wasn't on Michael and or Troy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had looked into the future and said to himself, "I'm going to draft Irvin and Aikman in the next few years" there would be only one way for him to do so. It would have been to tank the season on purpose. Now while there are some coaches who will do so for a certain player, but Landry wasn't one of them. His thoughts in August of 88 wasn't on Michael and or Troy.

Exactly. If they could see the future that well on Troy and Michael, they'd have just drafted better players in the mid 80's

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they could in the scenario above, with good health being the biggest key. The problem for me, is that we would have to have all our key players stay healthy(very doubtful), have a great draft(possible, we've drafted better the last few years), and hit on an impact FA(always a crapshoot). Is that a chance worth taking if it means mortgaging the future? I say no, and since thats the only way I think we could win it, I advocate housecleaning this season, and keeping our young stars while having a chance to add to that core rather than subtract in the future

There is no chance in hell this team goes to the super bowl with the players we have now even if they remained healthy all year. NOT ENOUGH TALENT, NO DEPTH, HORRID DEFENSE, ETC., ETC., Send me a pm on how much you would like to gamble on this one. I want in on your action.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally :agree:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No, actually Jimmy deserves the credit for the vision of picking Troy and Michael"

I'm as much a Jimmy lover as the next cowboy fan but Tom picked Irvin and Aikman was considered the top overall pick going into his draft. Jimmy also took Walch in the supplemental draft that year. Jimmy said he knew Aikman had the tools but the head and moxie was something he wasn't sure of and he knew that was Walch's strength at Miami.

I also think the Walch pick was one of Jimmy's slickest moves here in Dallas when you consider the return he got from New Orleans when he traded Walch. That's building a team and jerry was along for the ride
Trading Hershall Walker for 5 players was slick as well.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is responsible for building that team. He was awesome in player evaluation. And again, if you go back just a bit farther, you will find if it wasn't for Tom Landry and his constant vision he had for the benefit of the team, we never would have has the draft choices to get Aikman and Irvin. And thanks to Landry for drafting Hershal Walker which Jimmy used to get 5 players. Jerry will never get any credit from me for anything except for ruining the Cowboy image and everything it has stood for before he bought the team.

So manster, where in this post is it mentioned that Landry drafted Irvin and Aikman. I was referring to his constant vision for the future and leaving the draft choices for the new regime to take advantage of those draft picks Landry left for the franchise. Nice try again.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone didn't sleep last night ......

oh thats right ..... no job

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is responsible for building that team. He was awesome in player evaluation. And again, if you go back just a bit farther, you will find if it wasn't for Tom Landry and his constant vision he had for the benefit of the team, we never would have has the draft choices to get Aikman and Irvin. And thanks to Landry for drafting Hershal Walker which Jimmy used to get 5 players. Jerry will never get any credit from me for anything except for ruining the Cowboy image and everything it has stood for before he bought the team.

So manster, where in this post is it mentioned that Landry drafted Irvin and Aikman. I was referring to his constant vision for the future and leaving the draft choices for the new regime to take advantage of those draft picks Landry left for the franchise. Nice try again.

Look genius. Landry's vision didn't have a damn thing to do with us having the draft choices to draft Aikman. The bad record did. To even suggest Landry's vision is saying Landry saw into the future and lost on purpose. As for Walker how can you even attempt to give Landry any credit for that trade. Walker was forgotten about by GM's and fell to the 4th. It was a low risk gamble taking him. Him being drafted didn't have a thing to do with the trade.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look genius. Landry's vision didn't have a damn thing to do with us having the draft choices to draft Aikman. The bad record did. To even suggest Landry's vision is saying Landry saw into the future and lost on purpose. As for Walker how can you even attempt to give Landry any credit for that trade. Walker was forgotten about by GM's and fell to the 4th. It was a low risk gamble taking him. Him being drafted didn't have a thing to do with the trade.

Tom Landry never lost on purpose FACT

Walker got his pink slip talking shit about the coaching FACT Jimmy didn't play that bullshit....Fact .... He would cut someone after a loss just to prove he wasnt playing .... ALSO FACT

That retarded bitch doesn't even know his own team history

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bring up the Walker trade. Give Jimmy credit for drafting some great players with the pickas we got. The Rams got a bunch of picks for Dickerson and did not get the same results