• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could we make the Super Bowl next year?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I get charged with treason, let me say this. My view is more from the standpoint of what that team could accomplish without Emmitt. With a very good back I think we win 1 but don't think we win 3.

No disrespect to Emmitt intended.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG and disagree

San Fran was right there with us ...... all the way

and Green Bay with Reggie wasn't but a step behind

You really think that if we didn't have Emmitt we wouldn't have won even one SB?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I get charged with treason, let me say this. My view is more from the standpoint of what that team could accomplish without Emmitt. With a very good back I think we win 1 but don't think we win 3.

No disrespect to Emmitt intended.

Yeah. That's kind of my point on the whole thing. It's crazy to think a team that could have won as many as 5 SBs wouldn't have won at least one without Emmitt. It's a team game and always will be. Our defense was great. Our OL was great. Our QB was great and our receiving corp was great. We wouldn't have been a dynasty, but we would have won a SB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That's kind of my point on the whole thing. It's crazy to think a team that could have won as many as 5 SBs wouldn't have won at least one without Emmitt. It's a team game and always will be. Our defense was great. Our OL was great. Our QB was great and our receiving corp was great. We wouldn't have been a dynasty, but we would have won a SB.

not 92 or 93 in my opinion.
coin flip on 95...the balance of power had shifted with the Sanders signing and GB was just starting to grow up

but.....I didn't see those defenses as great, but they did restore my belief in attitude having a factor in playing defense.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a question that simply cannot be answered. I'm of the belief we would have won at least one SB without Emmitt but the two games we lost without him makes me wonder. I know it's a small sample but it stands out in a big way.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that if we didn't have Emmitt we wouldn't have won even one SB?

absolutely

No Smith not ONE Superbowl

if you want to know what I believe

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not getting in an argument about how good Emmitt was. Because that should be obvious. He was a Baaaadddddd man!

But I do agree with jarntt on this one. We would have won a superbowl(s) without Emmitt. We went 0-2 without Emmitt, but both those games we should have won & barely lost using ol' whatshisname. Now if ol'whatshisname was another high caliber RB, my belief we win those games & the meat of the we couldn't win without Emmitt argument goes out the window. Keep in mind. The rest of the team was no sloutch. & jerry would have paid for a top RB to come in if we lost Emmitt. Do we get three? I don't know, but we definitely would win.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely

No Smith not ONE Superbowl

if you want to know what I believe
:agree: I believe no Emmitt no rings period. Emmitt accounted rough estimate in the range of 45 to 50% of the Cowboys offense as both a rb /receiving rb. Emmitt was the heartbeat of the Cowboys Dynasty. What rb what have stepped up in his absence. Smith has been gone since 2003 we still haven't in 11 yrs found an adequate consistent replacement. Emmitt Smith was the most effective Rb in an era when rb's and defenses matter and could actually out dual a great qb. Emmitt showed out in the big games I'm sorry Even when the playmaker was out acting a fool Smith was the one who reeled him in and demanded him to respect Aikman. Emmitt was more than just a piece I believe he was the key cog.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am not getting in an argument about how good Emmitt was. Because that should be obvious. He was a Baaaadddddd man!

But I do agree with jarntt on this one. We would have won a superbowl(s) without Emmitt'

LOL...right, you sit on the curb for this one

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not getting in an argument about how good Emmitt was. Because that should be obvious. He was a Baaaadddddd man!

But I do agree with jarntt on this one. We would have won a superbowl(s) without Emmitt. We went 0-2 without Emmitt, but both those games we should have won & barely lost using ol' whatshisname. Now if ol'whatshisname was another high caliber RB, my belief we win those games & the meat of the we couldn't win without Emmitt argument goes out the window. Keep in mind. The rest of the team was no sloutch. & jerry would have paid for a top RB to come in if we lost Emmitt. Do we get three? I don't know, but we definitely would win.

What RB TD/RZ production was closed to Emmitt's. I'm not arguing If Emmitt is the GOAT of rb's cause he may not be, but he was the best rb for our team and how it was structured. I don't think that would have been any F/A rb who could step in and replace him; back then if you had a good rb most teams would lock those guys up. Again rb's mattered a lot more then than they do know. Just my opinion though. Truly there is no wrong answer because thankfully he was there so we'll never know:suds:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys+Jerry Jones=No Super Bowl...ever

Dallas Cowboys-Jerry Jones= A good start to advancing in the playoffs

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be worse..........we could be San Diego fans. Now that's a hot bed for championships from any era

Not true the Great Stan Humphries and Natron Means business carried them to an unforgettable performance in the SB vs the 49ers......oh wait that's right they got smashed. :bawling:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Jerry Jones is that he wants to be the smartest guy around and has a very difficult time having people smarter than him working for him. Jimmy Johnson is a case in point. Jones might be a very good businessman, but he has proven that his knack for finding NFL talent sucks. He needs to suck it up and admit that in owning a football team, he needs to hire someone like Jimmy Johnson who can evaluate and pick talent. Until he does that, the Cowboys go nowhere. I can't argue with you about the Chargers.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Jerry Jones is that he wants to be the smartest guy around and has a very difficult time having people smarter than him working for him. Jimmy Johnson is a case in point. Jones might be a very good businessman, but he has proven that his knack for finding NFL talent sucks. He needs to suck it up and admit that in owning a football team, he needs to hire someone like Jimmy Johnson who can evaluate and pick talent. Until he does that, the Cowboys go nowhere. I can't argue with you about the Chargers.

All these statements you make are very true the reason for the sarcastic response is your not shedding any new light to any real Fan here. So what's your point?:suds:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that every single year the Cowboy fans rally and begin the battle cry of "This is our year!", and then become so exasperated by year's end when the result is the same. (the Chargers are a great example of how shitty ownership will doom a team to mediocrity). There is no "new light" to shine on the Cowboy's inability to make a run at the SB. It's a shame that JJ can't get out of his own way and put his ego in check and allow a true football mind to run the team. The Cowboys are arguably one of the premier teams in the NFL, and it's stunning that JJ hasn't figured out yet that he is the reason the Cowboys are in the middle of the pack.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that every single year the Cowboy fans rally and begin the battle cry of "This is our year!", and then become so exasperated by year's end when the result is the same. (the Chargers are a great example of how shitty ownership will doom a team to mediocrity). There is no "new light" to shine on the Cowboy's inability to make a run at the SB. It's a shame that JJ can't get out of his own way and put his ego in check and allow a true football mind to run the team. The Cowboys are arguably one of the premier teams in the NFL, and it's stunning that JJ hasn't figured out yet that he is the reason the Cowboys are in the middle of the pack.

you have no point....certainly here on a Cowboy Fan Chat Board you don't.

Newsflash San Diego, Longtime Cowboy fans do not cry this is our year. That's made up bull shit for only your purpose for being here. Fact is....REAL Dallas Fans have been skeptical about the direction of this team for the better part of the last 20 years. Dallas fans more than perhaps any other team in this league understand the value of coaching. I'm glad you read a recent opinion somewhere on all that jerry jones is. I think it's comical you feel this need to inform the ones that have known for a very long time what the issues in Dallas have been.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really????? Every year????? Couldn't be further from the truth. Now while you may hear some Cowboy fans make that statement you'd hear from some fans of every team. Even Charger fans. Last year the consensus here was 10 wins with 1 playoff victory. By the that playoff win was right around 50/50. If Charger fans want to troll they should stick to the Raiders board.