• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cordarelle Patterson Highlight Reel

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Da'rick Rogers is the better of the 2 Tennessee WR's, but character concerns after getting kicked off the team last year will be a huge issue for him in the draft. Since we have 15 picks though I'd like to see us take a chance him in the mid-rounds.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Justin Hunter, but i think Patterson could develop nicely as well. His change of direction cuts are some of the best I've ever seen. Route running and his hands are two of my concerns with him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! His vision and awareness is in the same zip-code as BarryLand. I wouldn't mind at all if his hands, his size and his moves wound up in a 49er uniform.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bem, I wasn't exaggerating when I said he is the best WR with the ball in his hands that I have ever seen in college. The moves he makes to pick up yards is insane. He cuts on a dime at full speed like it is nothing.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bem, I wasn't exaggerating when I said he is the best WR with the ball in his hands that I have ever seen in college. The moves he makes to pick up yards is insane. He cuts on a dime at full speed like it is nothing.

No, no you were not!

Players with that type of agility are once in a generation type players. I don't know where he is slotted in the mocks but his intangibles alone are round one worthy. If he has the skills to go along with his intangibles then he could be the first or second WR taken. I certainly would love to have him.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One HUGE red flag that I have for him is his ability to learn a play book. That has been the one knock on him while at UT.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of reminds a little bit of Crabtree. Has great agility and vision with somewhat similar size.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a peanut brain. Lots of mocks have him top 12.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still like Justin Hunter, but i think Patterson could develop nicely as well. His change of direction cuts are some of the best I've ever seen. Route running and his hands are two of my concerns with him.

You're probably much younger than me, so I won't hold that against you:

Last edited by a moderator:

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Warrick was a bad azz. But didn't explode in the league like I thought he would. But he sure could dominate a college game.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You too RAy??!! :wacko:

I mean, I am one if not the biggest Patterson supporter on this board, but ain't no way I would give him that honor. He's not even the clear cut best player in this year's draft with the ball in his hands. Let alone in college football history.

Not sure who's more deadly this year with the ball in their hands between he and Austin. I Mayyyy have to give a slight edge to Austin:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Warrick was a bad azz. But didn't explode in the league like I thought he would. But he sure could dominate a college game.

He's on my top 5 college WRs of all time. I can't believe till this day he didn't have at least a descent pro career. This was one of my biggest miss of all time when it comes to guaranteeing a prospect to have a All-Pro career in the NFL.

His change of direction skills is best I have ever seen. That's why I question that comment about Patterson having the best change of direction skills of all time...Reggie Bush came close, but not quite as consistent as what I saw from Peter. One of my all time favorite players in the college ranks. I missed Barry Sanders entire college career so I didn't include him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, no you were not!

Players with that type of agility are once in a generation type players. I don't know where he is slotted in the mocks but his intangibles alone are round one worthy. If he has the skills to go along with his intangibles then he could be the first or second WR taken. I certainly would love to have him.

Me too! He's one of the few players I would trade up for.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too! He's one of the few players I would trade up for.

I just watched your highlight of T.Austin - I wouldn't mind having him either. What was Austin's 40-time at the Combine?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just watched your highlight of T.Austin - I wouldn't mind having him either. What was Austin's 40-time at the Combine?

At the combine he actually ran a 4.25/40. But that time was "unofficial":
Tavon Austin, Marquise Goodwin run blistering 40 times | ProFootballTalk

NFL through their conclave type like process had to go over their times and gave him an official 4.34 seconds. Still a blazing time. Again, he's more deadly than Patterson IMO with the rock in his hand. HOWEVER, I would much rather have Patterson because of his size.

They are the only two wide receivers I would trade up for in the first round.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You too RAy??!! :wacko:

I mean, I am one if not the biggest Patterson supporter on this board, but ain't no way I would give him that honor. He's not even the clear cut best player in this year's draft with the ball in his hands. Let alone in college football history.

Not sure who's more deadly this year with the ball in their hands between he and Austin. I Mayyyy have to give a slight edge to Austin:

Warrick was faster than guys in College but not the Pros. That was his problem.

Austin is sheer speed.

Patterson is a different animal. Faster than Warrick but slower than Austin.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the combine he actually ran a 4.25/40. But that time was "unofficial":
Tavon Austin, Marquise Goodwin run blistering 40 times | ProFootballTalk

NFL through their conclave type like process had to go over their times and gave him an official 4.34 seconds. Still a blazing time. Again, he's more deadly than Patterson IMO with the rock in his hand. HOWEVER, I would much rather have Patterson because of his size.

They are the only two wide receivers I would trade up for in the first round.

He seems faster than that - Maybe his 'game speed' is faster. It is hard to know without the watch if the guy you are watching is fast or if the defenders he is running against are just slow. That is why they run 'em.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Austin be an every down player though? I mean he's only 5'8" isn't he? I know size isn't everything but that's a little too small for a WR I feel. I say this assuming that he will be a first round pick with probably having to make a trade up. I feel that might be too much to give up for him?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Will Austin be an every down player though? I mean he's only 5'8" isn't he? I know size isn't everything but that's a little too small for a WR I feel. I say this assuming that he will be a first round pick with probably having to make a trade up. I feel that might be too much to give up for him?

Crabtree, Gore and Davis aren't every down players. I don't expect any rookie to be, and I don't expect any WR to be as long as Harbaugh and Roman are here. How many players in the league now are every down players? You're looking at OL, QB and starting secondary players. Most LBs, DL, and skill position players aren't every down guys.

The biggest issue for me with our first round pick is how much of a difference maker will he be? Austin is a threat every time he has the ball. If he gets 6-10 touches per game on offense (catches+carries) then I think he becomes a huge asset for us.