• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are fans getting out of control?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen fans do n say some shit to players ranging from funny to fucked up, from clever to unacceptable. The saying of shit can happen at anytime even when a player's on the field, court, in the arena etc. The doing of shit when a player(s) are going to the locker room at halftime, end of game, on the bench or coming out of the game. Last night at ASU something was thrown at UCLA's Peyton Watson during the b-ball game between ASU/UCLA. It was arguably the most important part of the game as ASU had a 3 pt lead and Watson was going after a ball going out of bounds with 2 or 3 seconds left in a game that went to triple OT. Watson tracked got to the ball and was turning around to try a desperation shot that would've tied up the game. As he was doing so something pinkish suddenly flashed into view and looked to hit Watson in the thigh area.

I don't think it had any effect on Watson's shot, he missed. In fact I'm sure Watson never seen or felt it as it looked like, I dunno, something a female would use to put her hair in a ponytail, It hit off Watson and did a couple bounces on the floor as it rolled away. The real issue I think is that it wasn't called by the officials and they seriously might not of seen it. Had they seen it. Tech fouls would've or should've surely been called giving UCLA the chance to tie the game, hell, maybe even outright win it depending on what is called. This is how shit can start though. First its a hair putter upper thingy, next maybe a beer n all over sudden peeps are going Philly fan on players chuckin batteries n shit.

TrevorClark98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU fans are not known for being classy or civilized, but was a good win for the team. Doubt they have much left in the tank for Monday's game, look who is coming to town.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't really a new thing but social media has definitely made fans say things they normally wouldn't.

I remember Jerry Tarkanian saying his UNLV teams got hot pennies thrown at them when they were the visiting team in the 90's. Not sure how fans made them hot but seems like it wouldn't feel good.

There's definitely a fine line between trying to intimidate and going too far with it. Our outfield berm seating in baseball is mostly students and they get extremely personal and vulgar with opposing outfielders to the point where they research family members and yell things about them. Some of it is funny but some goes overboard. It's always better when the players take it in stride and laugh about it but that's not always easy...been several middle fingers thrown their way after games.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't really a new thing but social media has definitely made fans say things they normally wouldn't.

I remember Jerry Tarkanian saying his UNLV teams got hot pennies thrown at them when they were the visiting team in the 90's. Not sure how fans made them hot but seems like it wouldn't feel good.

There's definitely a fine line between trying to intimidate and going too far with it. Our outfield berm seating in baseball is mostly students and they get extremely personal and vulgar with opposing outfielders to the point where they research family members and yell things about them. Some of it is funny but some goes overboard. It's always better when the players take it in stride and laugh about it but that's not always easy...been several middle fingers thrown their way after games.
When people are being taught and maybe as many as half are believing that lying, theft, shitting on the side walks, looting, and burning sh1t down is acceptable, is it any wonder that some sports fans may be more open to crossing some lines? I'm surprised it's not been worse, actually.