• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyler Lockett Better hands than Largent?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want your guys take here. As someone that got to watch Largent I can say he had some of the best hands I have seen for a WR but yes I do remember him dropping some also. Rarely mind you but yeah it happened. Tyler is the same way he just doesn't drop balls and he seems to bring in everything around him. The only difference I see is Largent made a lot of catches with guys banging into him or hanging all over him or he was laid out finger catching it. but there hands! I might have to take Tyler Lockett's hands over Largent's because I swear he is like a 90% catch guy which is flat out crazy. Tyler also makes the sideline catches seem like he has eyes on his damn toes! He has the best feet control and sideline awareness I have EVER seen and that's not hyper bowl! Unless Lockett plays another 100 games in his career he wont touch Largent's stats but some times it isn't always about the numbers.

Largent was a rare breed, and tougher than his size would show. Lockett is also tougher than his size shows and he has something Largent didn't 4.40 speed. I don't think Largent was as slow as many thought though, I bet he was a low 4.5 guy meaning he was faster than Jerry Rice. Anyone that watched Largent play has seen him run away from people in the open field, and yes he got caught a few times. Still the hands I am just sitting here and Lockett is just a magician with catching the football, just like Largent was. Hope Lockett has a nice long career at a high level like Largent had.

so who do you take for best hands? Largent or Lockett which ever you choose you get the L ( lol )
L***E*T ..... L***E*T ... wow

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett will go down as the best WR in Hawks history imo... His route running is some of the best and his hands are icing on the cake... I honestly feel that Lockett is a wee bit better overall than Largent was...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Lockett is one of the most over-rated receivers in the league
troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda comparing apples to a different kind of apples here since Largent did it without gloves. If Lockett looks like he's better, put today's gloves on Largent and who knows?

I'm just happy we've had both.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest though neither Lockett or Largent were pure hands catchers. They both have a way of twisting and turning their body's to make that perfect cradle catch. They both could snag it but I would say both of them also cradle caught around 50% of the catches. Lockett is in his 7th season, Largent went for 14, I would love to see Lockett play another 7 seasons at a high level.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett will go down as the best WR in Hawks history imo... His route running is some of the best and his hands are icing on the cake... I honestly feel that Lockett is a wee bit better overall than Largent was...
Doesn't say much for the Seahawk franchise if a mediocre receiver like him is the best they've ever had

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't say much for the Seahawk franchise if a mediocre receiver like him is the best they've ever had
He's still playing... His place in NFL/Hawks history is far from over... Move along... It's only his 7th season dumbass... You're not significant enough here...

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Largent is the reason I'm a Hawks fan. One of the greatest receivers in the history of the game.

I love Lockett but he isn't likely to be a Hall of Famer.
Not unless he plays 14 seasons, in todays game not many WR last to much longer than 31-32. Lockett would be 36 at the end of his 14th season, I don't think he will be around then. Who knows but he would be a rare bread of WR if he lasts that long. I mean Rice had to play until he was 41 years old to get his numbers where they are. A 41 year old WR is like a 55 year old QB. lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're very comparable, but one of the bigger differences I see was Largent's overall toughness. He played larger than his size and had a pretty damn good YAC, strength, and determination.... I don't remember him being known for dropping balls... he was nicknamed 'Yoda' because he caught everything thrown near him... that was also in a time where secondary got away with a lot more.

I think Lockett is very comparable, but would need to see how Lockett progresses his career.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're very comparable, but one of the bigger differences I see was Largent's overall toughness. He played larger than his size and had a pretty damn good YAC, strength, and determination.... I don't remember him being known for dropping balls... he was nicknamed 'Yoda' because he caught everything thrown near him... that was also in a time where secondary got away with a lot more.

I think Lockett is very comparable, but would need to see how Lockett progresses his career.

Like I said Largent didn't drop many and it was rare to see him do so when the ball hit him in the hands or in his catch radius. I remember a few that broke my heart. One was for a Touch down and he fell backwards right square on his ass in a sitting position as the ball came to him and doink lol. I died but everyone forgave him Instantly because he was Largent and that just never happens. I can remember a few of his drops but you know that's something you try to forget so I am sure their are more. Lockett is the same way, he just doesn't go up and get it like Largent did , I pointed this out in my first post. Largent also had great feet but no one has ever had Lockett's feet. Lockett rarely drops passes also and just makes amazingly hard catches all the time. It's like every other catch from him for the past 3 years is just WOW lol. Doesn't Lockett own like the top 3 hardest catches that had the lowest chance for completion? or 3 of the top 5? Dude is stupid clutch and makes it look routine. It's almost at the point where when you see the ball going to Lockett you know it's getting caught no matter what.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Lockett is one of the most over-rated receivers in the league

This just in, the 49rs have made a trade for Lockett! We’re now going live to ESPN SportsHoopla to hear from Montalban …. “ @$&@&&! Yes !!!! Locket the rocket welcome aboard! Go 49rs !!! Eff off you Seahawk @(@@iches !! “

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a cool little charge that shows the player comparisons between the two... I do wish they showed targets though but I don't think they tracked that back in Largents days... Seemed like Largent was targeted 8-10 times a game...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool read regards to Lockett doing "Steve Largent Stuff"

Interesting that he's being called out for being one of the more "underrated" WR's in the NFL...