• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congratulations Seattle

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good year. You came very close to a repeat. Lot's of young players and the team could easily improve and be back next year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class thanks... Just hurts Bevell not using Lynch there... MY god... Congrats to your pats... good team...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart Breaking Loss.

100% Bevel needs to be fired for that call. If PC made that call, then shame on you PC.
If Bevel did, then there is no way he can return. NFW.

Great Season, we had it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
send a thank you note to darell bevell.

this will go down in history as one of the worst calls of all time.

im going to call it the bevell bowl from now on.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that was a win for the Hawks that Bevell stole from his players single handedly. I bet any Pats fan would say the same thing. No way they stop Lynch from the 1 yard line with 3 shots at it.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Didnt.

And the Pats did. Congrats to them and their fans.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Coaches are part of the team and coaching was the deciding edge in this game. Hopefully PC gets his head straight after that fiasco. Better organization won.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that was a win for the Hawks that Bevell stole from his players single handedly. I bet any Pats fan would say the same thing. No way they stop Lynch from the 1 yard line with 3 shots at it.

He stole it from us, from every fan that traveled down there, from this city. The man should be tarred, feathered, then put in stocks so we can throw rotten vegetables at his face.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stole it from us, from every fan that traveled down there, from this city. The man should be tarred, feathered, then put in stocks so we can throw rotten vegetables at his face.

They had a plan, and unfortunately Belichick dictated it. By not calling the timeout he put the pressure on and the pass was meant to score or stop the clock. The interception wasn't considered.

Blame your coaches if you like, but the other team played a role.

Congrats on the title last year, it still matters. Congrats on a great year, especially that GB win. Congrats on playing a virtual draw in the SB, but unfortunately for you the Pats made the last play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a plan, and unfortunately Belichick dictated it. By not calling the timeout he put the pressure on and the pass was meant to score or stop the clock. The interception wasn't considered.

Blame your coaches if you like, but the other team played a role.

Congrats on the title last year, it still matters. Congrats on a great year, especially that GB win. Congrats on playing a virtual draw in the SB, but unfortunately for you the Pats made the last play.

You still go beast mode... We had time... Nothing dictated why we threw the ball other than Bevell making a stupid decision .... We coulda ran it 3 times with Lynch and been fine time wise ...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still go beast mode... We had time... Nothing dictated why we threw the ball other than Bevell making a stupid decision .... We coulda ran it 3 times with Lynch and been fine time wise ...

There was not enough time for three run plays. Just two. There was time for one pass and two runs. They got caught playing for the next play instead of the one that mattered. I completely agree that running twice was a better choice than passing even once. Heck, they were better off to call the timeout and run one running play with their preferred package.

My comments are not an endorsement of the play selection, just pointing out that football can be a chess match and Belichick made a move that caused the final result.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Pats fans! Looking forward to a rematch next year........

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comments are not an endorsement of the play selection, just pointing out that football can be a chess match and Belichick made a move that caused the final result.

The Pats have a good team and Belichick is a fantastic coach but this seems to really give him lots of credit for what happened there. It was a great play by the DB. Up to that point in the season, 108 passes thrown from the 1 and 0 INTs. To say Belichick drove that outcome is just a bit overboard, but you guys won so I guess you get to write the history on it.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was not enough time for three run plays. Just two. There was time for one pass and two runs. They got caught playing for the next play instead of the one that mattered. I completely agree that running twice was a better choice than passing even once. Heck, they were better off to call the timeout and run one running play with their preferred package.

With 1st and goal at the 6 with 1:06 left on the clock and one time out, there was 21 seconds per play for 3 plays and 3 seconds remaining after a timeout. I am curious why they chose not to run more plays in hurry up after the first one and instead just let the 40 seconds wind off the clock.

I think the theory was that they throw once in the 4 plays and it is either incomplete or a TD. They knew they would run on the first play, so they let the clock run down knowing they will throw on 2nd which will stop the clock again and then run or throw on 3rd followed by a timeout or incomplete, then 4th. This makes more sense then trying to run a hurry up offense for 3 plays at a critical juncture in the game. This allows time to call a play before 1st down, time to call a play before 2nd down, time to call a play before 3rd down, and then a timeout and time to call a play before 4th down.

To me, though, running hurry up is tougher on the defense due to not being able to make goal line substitutions. Maybe they were afraid of scoring with 40 seconds left and did not want the Pats to have a shot at a TD or a FG to go to OT. That, to me, is a bit arrogant. It is like saying, we know we are going to score so we will milk the clock. I do not like that mindset at all even with our injured defense and Tom Brady. Take the lead and then defend it.