• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concussion Protocol and NFL

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sills is assuming that. "Every player who gets an examination on game day gets an examination the following day, that's part of our concussion protocol."

But on Monday McDaniel said Tua wasn't in the concussion protocol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just going to jump the whole shark and just say that Thursday Night Football in general is a bad product and should be abandoned.

History isnt going to be kind to the NFL if this screws up Tua's career/life. Hopefully for everyone's sake the Dolphins are right here and there isnt a story.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much for NFL advancements with Concussion protocols.
Big hit towards their appearance of caring.
three steps forward, two back.

can't wait to see the reactionary outcome this time

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should buy an hour with a whore or something. Why are you always so miserable and bitter on here?

View attachment 310047
He's a cowboys' fan. He used to shit rainbows and cocaine in the 90s, but the last quarter century has been bitterly brutal and it takes a toll on a man.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just going to jump the whole shark and just say that Thursday Night Football in general is a bad product and should be abandoned.

History isnt going to be kind to the NFL if this screws up Tua's career/life. Hopefully for everyone's sake the Dolphins are right here and there isnt a story.
Fuckin A i missed this angle

Fuck Thursday night football!

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much for NFL advancements with Concussion protocols.
Big hit towards their appearance of caring.
three steps forward, two back.

can't wait to see the reactionary outcome this time

They are catching so much hell for this and they should.

This is the most egregious example of a player that shouldn't play because of a concussion. But it definitely isn't the only one and they can't fuck around on this anymore.

Any player concussion should mean a mandatory week off, minimum.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% Agree. I always have hated Thursday games. Even the Thanksgiving ones are almost always terrible.

The problem is that penis head Bezos is paying them a shit load of money and they aren't going to turn that down.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a cowboys' fan. He used to shit rainbows and cocaine in the 90s, but the last quarter century has been bitterly brutal and it takes a toll on a man.
you save that for this season? Funny.

Remember keep your finger in RTK's belt loop this season. He'll keep you from hiding when things get ruff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly how good is it? Does the NFL really care about player safety?

This is a complete joke. Anybody that has ever had concussions knows that Tua had a major concussion on Sunday. I have had at least a dozen concussions and a few of them i stumbled to the ground just like Tua did. I even had those Freddy Krueger hand motions once and went into convulsions

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Agree. I always have hated Thursday games. Even the Thanksgiving ones are almost always terrible.

The problem is that penis head Bezos is paying them a shit load of money and they aren't going to turn that down.
If Bezos didn’t pay them someone else would have, the problem is the NFL not Amazon. The “best” solution would be to move TNF to Friday. It’s still not ideal but it’s the best we can hope for if they won’t get rid of it.

Or move it to Tuesday and make it the last game of the week. Either way you give the players an extra day of rest which is better than what they currently get.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua never should have played on Thursday after Sunday's game. He was clearly concussed when he was hit against the Bills.....like a fighter who had lost his legs. Twice.......he almost fell after getting up.

Better to be cautious than sorry.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless of Tua, I HATE Thursday night games and ESPECIALLY London games. Now granted I tune in to Thursday night games and that's money, which is what the NFL is all about... but when Seattle gets stuck with a Thursday night game UGGGGGGGGH! NOOOOOO!!!!! And now Seattle has to go to London this year which is even a bigger dumbass thing by the NFL... ughhhh..

Yes, for player health/safety it should be banned, which is hilariously ironic because the NFL touts that 24/7 about how they are so invested in safety, yet marches them out for a paycheck.

That all said - fuck it. Would I march my fatass out there if I was athletic enough to get millions and bang supermodels with a small % chance of a life threatening injury possibly to be chugging pills later in my life (hell I've drank enough Vodka to kill a horse tonight alone)? Bet your ass I would...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hold the Dolphins responsible at all. Tua was the one out there lying about his head injury. He shod have been honest, especially when he was playing again in 4 days.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bezos didn’t pay them someone else would have, the problem is the NFL not Amazon. The “best” solution would be to move TNF to Friday. It’s still not ideal but it’s the best we can hope for if they won’t get rid of it.

Or move it to Tuesday and make it the last game of the week. Either way you give the players an extra day of rest which is better than what they currently get.

You are correct. I just used him as an example.

They don't want to interfere with Friday Night High School football. That's their hang up.

I do like your Tuesday night idea and clear the last 4 days of the week for other levels.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hold the Dolphins responsible at all. Tua was the one out there lying about his head injury. He shod have been honest, especially when he was playing again in 4 days.
It's a mistake in the concussion policy that with a stumble like Tua's an orthopedic reason has to be ruled out for it to be considered a sign of concussion. Everyone knows he just has to give a plausible physical explanation. Players want to play; QBs want to go to war with their guys - and the guys expect it.

But yeah, be honest with your doctors, especially when it isn't comfortable.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. I just used him as an example.

They don't want to interfere with Friday Night High School football. That's their hang up.

I do like your Tuesday night idea and clear the last 4 days of the week for other levels.
I think the league likes saving Tuesday for emergencies. It saved their bacon in 2020.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that the Dolphins next game was Thursday likely played into Tua's diagnosis. They knew he would never clear protocol by Thursday. Move the Thursday games to Saturday, a 2nd Monday night game, or even Tuesday.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All players lie about it. It's the team's job to protect the player from himself.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mistake in the concussion policy that with a stumble like Tua's an orthopedic reason has to be ruled out for it to be considered a sign of concussion. Everyone knows he just has to give a plausible physical explanation. Players want to play; QBs want to go to war with their guys - and the guys expect it.

But yeah, be honest with your doctors, especially when it isn't comfortable.
I have little doubt that Dolphins knew, and did not press him because they wanted him out there. Everyone will know why they allowed it, but when it comes down to it they will still be protected because of it.