• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concussion Protocol and NFL

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for Tua the NFL has super pinky promised to stop using race norming to deny people of color concussion settlement money.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the NFL and NFLPA have reached an agreement on amended concussion protocols.​

Sources say the focus of the amendment involves a condition known as Ataxia, or any abnormality with balance, stability, coordination, or speech following a neurological event. This should close the loophole in the protocols that allowed Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa to return to the field following apparent stability issues after a hit in Week 3. Expect additional clarity from the league once an official announcement is passed. The updated protocols will go into place starting Sunday. The NFLPA's independent investigation into Tua's incident remains ongoing.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) They will yoyo the shit out of this
2) Lawyers for both sides will rake
3) The sport will not improve in any meaningful way for the fans
The stumble rule is already in affect and took Teddy out on Sunday after being sacked. All it took was a guy in the stands to say I think he stumbled and gonzo. He wasn't hit in the head and was cleared medically but couldn't go back in. The NHL uses the same spotter protocol but if the player is fine he can go back in. Of course if its bad like Tua was last Thursday none of this matters but be prepared to see a ton of players being sat out. Oh wait this Sunday there was only one Teddy seems a little suspicious that no other player had his bell rung only a Miami player. Things that make you say hmmmmm..... Seriously how can a guy sitting in the stands make that call all on his own? What will this do to the game especially when a star player is pulled because his ankle was gimpy and he limped a bit coming off. It's called overreaction.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson was already in when I switched to the game. Can't comment on Bridgewater but there's no point testing players if they can't play even if they pass the test.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson was already in when I switched to the game. Can't comment on Bridgewater but there's no point testing players if they can't play even if they pass the test.
Yes exactly you have given one person in the stands the power to decide if a guy may have a concussion and is out of the game. Let that sink in. How is that sensible? Doctors why even take their opinion into account....unbelievable. Unfortunately there is no video of Teddy but the key word from the guy in the stands was that I "believe" he stumbled. You can't make that up....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a complete joke. No room to amend this because the stumbling spotter has full control now. I can see if they were still testing him daily but have obviously fully admitted that he's fine now.....wow!

On Teddy Bridgewater:
Teddy doesn’t have a concussion yet is in concussion protocol due to new NFL rules. The soonest he can participate in practice is Thursday as long as there are no setbacks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a complete joke. No room to amend this because the stumbling spotter has full control now. I can see if they were still testing him daily but have obviously fully admitted that he's fine now.....wow!

On Teddy Bridgewater:
Teddy doesn’t have a concussion yet is in concussion protocol due to new NFL rules. The soonest he can participate in practice is Thursday as long as there are no setbacks.
Thank you for the updates

The more a governing body tries to define the limits of their own power the worse it gets.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Jackson reports, "There was no evidence of Bridgewater stumbling in video from WSVN-Fox 7, which followed Bridgewater from the field up until the point that he walked into the tunnel." The NFL's "spotter has a lot of explaining to do...but ONLY IF Mike McD keeps this at the forefront and DEMANDS answers angrily. Things that make you go hmmmm....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Jackson reports, "There was no evidence of Bridgewater stumbling in video from WSVN-Fox 7, which followed Bridgewater from the field up until the point that he walked into the tunnel." The NFL's "spotter has a lot of explaining to do...but ONLY IF Mike McD keeps this at the forefront and DEMANDS answers angrily. Things that make you go hmmmm....
I love it when you are angry!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when you are angry!
Be happy at least it's not towards you or your team! I'm pissed as this is affecting our beloved game. Stumble spotters should only be there to spot and nothing else. Let the doctors take their feedback into account after checking them and the system will work. Nothing is perfect but ejecting players for no reason is BS.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be happy at least it's not towards you or your team! I'm pissed as this is affecting our beloved game. Stumble spotters should only be there to spot and nothing else. Let the doctors take their feedback into account after checking them and the system will work. Nothing is perfect but ejecting players for no reason is BS.
I understand you being pissed but it is not a conspiracy.
Bad roll of the dice.
I'd feel for you but you cry conspiracy at too many things. My heart pumps piss for you!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you being pissed but it is not a conspiracy.
Bad roll of the dice.
I'd feel for you but you cry conspiracy at too many things. My heart pumps piss for you!
Not this time it's a fact they took Bridgewater out with no visual evidence of him stumbling. None on the field and none on the way to the tent or tunnel. Fox 7 had this all filmed and nothing. They simply want to get the Fins for something whether still pissed at the Ross or the whole Tua thing. Even though they cleared them of Tua's handling it was payback which is BS for not only the team, Teddy but the game. Teddy was also walking around fine they say.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder how long before all the players start wearing the foam helmet covers

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that mean every NFL player has to be put into protocol? Since at any given standpoint they will "appear" to have stumbled

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this time it's a fact they took Bridgewater out with no visual evidence of him stumbling. None on the field and none on the way to the tent or tunnel. Fox 7 had this all filmed and nothing. They simply want to get the Fins for something whether still pissed at the Ross or the whole Tua thing. Even though they cleared them of Tua's handling it was payback which is BS for not only the team, Teddy but the game. Teddy was also walking around fine they say.
I was in agreement until the conspiracy theory raised it's ugly head.
I wish you were correct and not cra-cra. I would enjoy the NFL spanking the Phins!