• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concussion Protocol and NFL

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in agreement until the conspiracy theory raised it's ugly head.
I wish you were correct and not cra-cra. I would enjoy the NFL spanking the Phins!
Call me crazy fine but I'm not the only one pissed at this new protocol. We'll see if anyone else is punished this weekend. With the amount of players and hits it's virtually impossible to only have one Fin QB go into protocol on a busy weekend. Stumble spotter is out to get us all! :L

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy fine but I'm not the only one pissed at this new protocol. We'll see if anyone else is punished this weekend. With the amount of players and hits it's virtually impossible to only have one Fin QB go into protocol on a busy weekend. Stumble spotter is out to get us all! :L
Better.

Again, I understand you being pissed. By all accounts Miami was robbed.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is right, but full of shit at the same time. I agree thebhit was clean, but we all know he'd throw a fit calling for a flag.

"I don’t know what else Chris Jones can do on that play. And that would not be a call that I’d be begging to get," Rodgers said during his weekly appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show" on Tuesday.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better.

Again, I understand you being pissed. By all accounts Miami was robbed.
A good suggestion I heard was to have 2-3 stumble spotters and all must report it to be valid for player ejection. This way it would be harder to buy them off or avoid a mistake. Face it one guy can easily be bought off to skew a game we have seen it in basketball and we know it's happened in cough cough NE....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to the conspiracy theories......
Keep drinking the cool aid. At least with Brady gone some of the nonsense is now happening in Tampa. See his lame sack and whining penalty. He even tried to kick the guy in the nutsack but we are making this up of course. ..

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is still in concussion protocol, so stumble spotter got this one right. If he didn't have a concussion he'd be out of protocol already.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is still in concussion protocol, so stumble spotter got this one right. If he didn't have a concussion he'd be out of protocol already.

Read this it may change your mind. He was never concussed but either way had to sit out practice. He's back now but too late to start this week. How is that fair similar to putting an innocent man in jail and keeping him there longer after finding out he was innocent.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read this it may change your mind. He was never concussed but either way had to sit out practice. He's back now but too late to start this week. How is that fair similar to putting an innocent man in jail and keeping him there longer after finding out he was innocent.
Maybe Bridgewater did stumble, but we never saw it. The Dolphins never saw it. CBS replays never showed it. ESPN reported he passed all concussion tests, but it didn’t matter.

If it's anything like youth sports you spend a day in each phase if no setbacks. If he had no concussion he would have had no symptoms and skipped straight to Phase 2 (aerobic exercise) on Monday, then Phase 3 (football-specific exercise) on Tuesday, Phase 4 (non-contact drills) on Wednesday, and he should have been in Phase 5 (cleared for full activity) yesterday. But he's still in concussion protocol today.

Maybe my timeline is off, but if anything I think an NFL player without a concussion would progress through it even faster. It sure seems like a guy who never had symptoms would be in full practice already.

So regardless of whether anybody besides the spotter saw a stumble on Sunday, Bridgewater had concussion symptoms that prevented him from zipping through the protocol.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep drinking the cool aid. At least with Brady gone some of the nonsense is now happening in Tampa. See his lame sack and whining penalty. He even tried to kick the guy in the nutsack but we are making this up of course. ..
Of course. I don't even have to watch to know you are making this up!
Your rap sheet is very long......

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suffered a concussion during 911, still have lingering symptoms to this day! A flag was flying low at half-mast and I was pushing a shopping cart out of the local Wal-mart and without warning, a gust of wind blew and WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP that flag struck me in the back of my head, throwing me to the ground and tossing my Sam's Choice colas every which way. I still have flash backs to this day.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bridgewater did stumble, but we never saw it. The Dolphins never saw it. CBS replays never showed it. ESPN reported he passed all concussion tests, but it didn’t matter.

If it's anything like youth sports you spend a day in each phase if no setbacks. If he had no concussion he would have had no symptoms and skipped straight to Phase 2 (aerobic exercise) on Monday, then Phase 3 (football-specific exercise) on Tuesday, Phase 4 (non-contact drills) on Wednesday, and he should have been in Phase 5 (cleared for full activity) yesterday. But he's still in concussion protocol today.

Maybe my timeline is off, but if anything I think an NFL player without a concussion would progress through it even faster. It sure seems like a guy who never had symptoms would be in full practice already.

So regardless of whether anybody besides the spotter saw a stumble on Sunday, Bridgewater had concussion symptoms that prevented him from zipping through the protocol.
Did you read the article? The player whether he was concussed or not can't practice until Thursday at the earliest. Teddy was cleared on Sunday. This is the problem some tool up in the stands makes the call without any medical assistance. Do you believe the NFL should run it that way? I sure don't and hopefully it doesn't happen to your team. He was in full practice on Thursday but still has to go through the red tape because of this whole situation. If you want to lay blame lay blame at the protocol not Teddy or the Fins.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. I don't even have to watch to know you are making this up!
Your rap sheet is very long......
So I'm making up the sack on Brady that turned into an unsportsmanlike penalty on Atl which cost them the game? Is your head in the clouds or something? Wow the whole worlds been talking about the BS. As per the patsies BS that will never go away no matter how hard you try to dodge it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm making up the sack on Brady that turned into an unsportsmanlike penalty on Atl which cost them the game? Is your head in the clouds or something? Wow the whole worlds been talking about the BS. As per the patsies BS that will never go away no matter how hard you try to dodge it.
1665775462864.png

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the article? The player whether he was concussed or not can't practice until Thursday at the earliest. Teddy was cleared on Sunday. This is the problem some tool up in the stands makes the call without any medical assistance. Do you believe the NFL should run it that way? I sure don't and hopefully it doesn't happen to your team. He was in full practice on Thursday but still has to go through the red tape because of this whole situation. If you want to lay blame lay blame at the protocol not Teddy or the Fins.
I did read the article, which didn't say anything about Thursdays. But practicing Thursday sounds right.

If he had no symptoms, Bridgewater would be playing this weekend. Right?

Instead, he's been ruled out two days in advance.

Maybe it's a bad process, but Bridgewater isn't an example of it. He's not right.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read the article, which didn't say anything about Thursdays. But practicing Thursday sounds right.

If he had no symptoms, Bridgewater would be playing this weekend. Right?

Instead, he's been ruled out two days in advance.

Maybe it's a bad process, but Bridgewater isn't an example of it. He's not right.
Bro he's not starting because the protocol didn't let him practice until Thursday at the minimum. HC decided that's not enough time so he's only backing up our 3rd string. Please get your facts straight until you give us the bible....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you I have no problem if the league gets rid of Ross but you suck your owners $#@%^!!! even if he's wrong. Tell me who's the lacky drinking koolaid? Still doesn't answer how you feel that Brady took a regular sack and there was a penalty called on it. Do you like that shit? as Aikman said put your dress on then.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro he's not starting because the protocol didn't let him practice until Thursday at the minimum. HC decided that's not enough time so he's only backing up our 3rd string. Please get your facts straight until you give us the bible....
So the only day he missed of practice is Wednesday and that’s “not enough time” for an eight-year vet?

Either Bridgewater’s not right or McDaniel wants the rookie in anyway.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the only day he missed of practice is Wednesday and that’s “not enough time” for an eight-year vet?

Either Bridgewater’s not right or McDaniel wants the rookie in anyway.

Teddy Bridgewater (concussion) is questionable for Week 6 against the Vikings.​

Bridgewater got in a full practice on Friday but is still in concussion protocol. He is also listed with a pectoral injury. Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said earlier in the week the plan is for Skylar Thompson to start. If Bridgewater is active, it will seemingly be as his backup. Reid Sinnett would be elevated from the practice squad if Bridgewater is out.