• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Committee Made The Wrong Decision

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you say, sir.

Somehow I think all three of those teams would still have gotten the nod over Baylor or TCU even if their OOC's were horrible.

My point is, why does OOC only matter when two/three teams have a loss each? If Baylor's OOC is so atrocious, it's atrocious under any scenario. Should it be forgotten about/forgiven just because they go undefeated? That's the old Boise State argument.

If it's only atrocious when they have a loss and OSU has a loss, then my theory is the correct one: Baylor's OOC is NOT what kept them out of the playoffs. It's their LOSS to West Virginia that kept them out. I've been saying that for weeks, and yet people keep going, "it's their OOC!"

It's a classic "move the goalposts."

If they're undefeated, "they're undefeated, can't argue with 12-0!"
If they lose a game, "they didn't schedule worth a crap!"

If out of conference schedule strength is going to matter, it needs to matter in every scenario. Can't you hear the OSU fans screaming bloody murder if they're 12-1 and get left out of the playoffs for a 12-0 TCU or Baylor who played a pillow soft sched?
Can't speak for all Buckeye fans, but if either Baylor or TCU ended up undefeated B12 conference champs and the Buckeyes lost, even if early in the season, the Buckeyes should not have been in.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you say, sir.

Somehow I think all three of those teams would still have gotten the nod over Baylor or TCU even if their OOC's were horrible.

My point is, why does OOC only matter when two/three teams have a loss each? If Baylor's OOC is so atrocious, it's atrocious under any scenario. Should it be forgotten about/forgiven just because they go undefeated? That's the old Boise State argument.

If it's only atrocious when they have a loss and OSU has a loss, then my theory is the correct one: Baylor's OOC is NOT what kept them out of the playoffs. It's their LOSS to West Virginia that kept them out. I've been saying that for weeks, and yet people keep going, "it's their OOC!"

If out of conference schedule strength is going to matter, it needs to matter in every scenario. Can't you hear the OSU fans screaming bloody murder if they're 12-1 and get left out of the playoffs for a 12-0 TCU or Baylor who played a pillow soft sched?

No, I can't. Not from anyone with half a brain. You're argument simply makes no sense. You're trying to find something that isn't there. Facts are facts. The 2 teams DID have the same record. One team DID have a MUCH tougher schedule. Period.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the team names out of it. Here are the resumes (all 3 are p5 teams).

Team A, B, C

Wins over top 25 (final rankings) teams, 3, 2, 2
FBS opponents: 13, 11, 11
Record vs bowl eligible teams: 9-1, 6-1, 7-1
SOS (espn): 46, 59, 53
Conference champ: Undisputed, Co-champ, Co-champ

I don't think this is as difficult as people make it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you say, sir.

If there were 5 undefeated teams, and you were looking at how to separate the teams, OOC would come into play.

As it stands, we were comparing 1-loss teams, so OOC came into play.

OOC scheduling matters regardless, but more as a tiebreaker than anything.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, don't be surprised to see TCU/Baylor on the outs again next year after another pathetic OOC schedule. Here's their combined OOC slate for 2015.

Samford
Minnesota
@SMU
SMU
Northwestern State
@Buffalo

Simply pathetic.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I can't. Not from anyone with half a brain. You're argument simply makes no sense. You're trying to find something that isn't there. Facts are facts. The 2 teams DID have the same record. One team DID have a MUCH tougher schedule. Period.

The problem is you are dealing with college football fans.

Non of them have half a brain.

And that doesn't include Notre Dame fans. they ride this:

:shortbus:

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and got your shit pushed in 51-24 by a 12-0 regular season winner as well. . Our only loss was to Bama in the CCG we didn't get in either

Sweetie, said "shit pushed in". Got a semi.:suds:

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we laugh at OP again?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolololololololololololol..............

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Baylor pulled an epic choke job, can all you Big 12 nut swingers please, for the love of God, stop your whining?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg