• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Committee Made The Wrong Decision

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight Ohio St is the #1 team and thus if they had correctly listed the teams Ohio St it would have been:

#1 Ohio St vs #4 FSU
#2 Alabama vs #3 Oregon

But the odds of them getting the order right are pretty slim and it's not a big deal at all.

Right.

They got the 4 teams correct, just not the correct order. I expect that to be the case more than not.

As long as they keep getting the 4 teams correct, it won't matter as the cream will rise to the top.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

They got the 4 teams correct, just not the correct order. I expect that to be the case more than not.

As long as they keep getting the 4 teams correct, it won't matter as the cream will rise to the top.

By your logic, how do you say they got the 4 teams right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But by your logic (a non 'deserve to be there' logic), TCU has s claim.

It's funny what happens when the conference game you lose has meaning because you lost to a good team rather than some crappy team that wouldn't have a winning record without the win.

Alabama didn't replace LSU after losing to them either. They replaced the team that only won their conference because they lost to a crappy team instead of a good team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Blake had to do was throw the ball to the back of the endzone instead of the 1 yard line.

Shit happens.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny what happens when the conference game you lose has meaning because you lost to a good team rather than some crappy team that wouldn't have a winning record without the win.

Alabama didn't replace LSU after losing to them either. They replaced the team that only won their conference because they lost to a crappy team instead of a good team.

So Ohio State did not deserve to be in? Or we you going to change the worst loss mantra

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By your logic, how do you say they got the 4 teams right?

Pretty sure we've all been through this multiple times, but here goes again.

FSU was undefeated (13-0) and defending National Champs.
Oregon was (12-1) and Pac 12 Champs
Alabama was (12-1) and SEC Champs
Ohio St was (12-1) and Big 10 Champs.

Baylor was 11-1 but not considered Big 12 Champs by their own conference. They lost their bowl to Michigan St who was also beaten by both Oregon and Ohio St.

TCU was (11-1), lost to Baylor, yet was pimped as co-champs by their own conference. This pimping came after the "One True Champion" slogan. The pimping went so far as listing TCU ahead of Baylor on the Big 12 Standings page.

Once again, FSU had no losses.
Ohio St's loss came on Sept 6th.
Oregon's loss came on Oct 2nd
Alabama's loss cam on Oct 4th
TCU's loss came on Oct 11th
Baylor's loss came on Oct 18th

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make a case for other teams pretty much every year. Ohio st won the games no denying that. What's to say tcu wouldn't have done the same? What's to say 8 teams wouldn't have ended up with 2 completely different teams to play for chanpionship?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red alert, dunce, that's not the logic the guy I responded to is using. Read. Think. THEN respond. Dunce.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else see the irony here with the Texas fans regarding TCU/Baylor?

big12champs_star.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ohio State did not deserve to be in? Or we you going to change the worst loss mantra

The thing you've never seemed to understand is that it's never about 1 little thing. The 1 little thing is being mentioned only when all the other factors are for the most part even and that 1 thing was the difference.

Ohio St lost that game at the start of the season and had obviously improved by the time the end of the season got here and they killed Wisconsin. I said to start the playoffs Ohio St was the team I wanted to play the least, and that was obviously for good reason.

I think that TCU and Baylor were the top teams in the Big12 was pretty much a sign of a weak Big12.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing you've never seemed to understand is that it's never about 1 little thing. The 1 little thing is being mentioned only when all the other factors are for the most part even and that 1 thing was the difference.

Ohio St lost that game at the start of the season and had obviously improved by the time the end of the season got here and they killed Wisconsin. I said to start the playoffs Ohio St was the team I wanted to play the least, and that was obviously for good reason.

I think that TCU and Baylor were the top teams in the Big12 was pretty much a sign of a weak Big12.

Shit, TCU would have lit up your team Like a " Whitehouse Christmas Tree " you never cease to amaze me with your ignorant post, yet you try to come off with someone that has CFB knowledge

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make a case for other teams pretty much every year. Ohio st won the games no denying that. What's to say tcu wouldn't have done the same? What's to say 8 teams wouldn't have ended up with 2 completely different teams to play for chanpionship?

Valid point. However, there is the Body of Work issue.

Michigan St. who was ranked #8 by the committee and finished #5 in the final AP, had already lost to Oregon and Ohio St.

The same Michigan St who beat Baylor, who should have been the true Big 12 Champ.

I don't think Michigan St had the body of work to be considered for a play-off any more than #7 Mississippi St did.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red alert, dunce, that's not the logic the guy I responded to is using. Read. Think. THEN respond. Dunce.

ElTexan. You asked me a direct question and I answered it. I can't help you if you don't like the answer.

Choke on a muffin. *

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, TCU would have lit up your team Like a " Whitehouse Christmas Tree " you never cease to amaze me with your ignorant post, yet you try to come off with someone that has CFB knowledge

TCU and Alabama had a common opponent in WVU. Alabama handled WVU pretty well, while TCU got lucky in the 4th quarter and the WVU coach shit the bed and handed them the game.

The next time you say something knowledgeable about CFB will be the first time.