• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Committee Made The Wrong Decision

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lose to Baylor.

jeez...its not that hard TCU

Nobody in his right mind is going put you in over Baylor.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kramer likes him some tOSU.

Of course. I was born in Ohio. I live in Ohio. I've watched Ohio State since I was a kid. From Cris Carter, to Eddie George, to Chris Gamble, to Braxton Miller.

You're acting like a butthurt little girl for some reason. Carry on, though. It's amusing.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but what made Ohio State's OOC schedule so gangbusters? That they lost to a .500 ACC team at home? :noidea:

They played 3 bowl teams OOC in Navy (8-5), Cincinnati (9-4), and Virginia Tech (7-6).

Baylor played SMU (1-11), Northwestern State (6-6 FCS), and Buffalo (5-6). It was the 128th ranked OOC schedule out of 128 FBS teams.

TCU played Samford (7-4 FCS), Minnesota (8-4), and SMU (1-11).

Between TCU and Baylor they played a single bowl team OOC along with an FCS opponent each while Ohio State played 4 FBS opponents including the aforementioned 3 bowl teams.

At least Ohio State attempted to schedule some quality opponents. Baylor scheduled like a bottom feeder in a P5 conference, while TCU scheduled a historical doormat of the Big 10 that happened to have a decent year. It would be no different than Ohio State scheduling an FCS oppenent, 2 non P5 doormats, and Kansas. People would be irate if that was their OOC schedule and they got in.

But as I said before, none of these teams even deserve to be in the playoff as they all have their warts.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. It makes the regular season irrelevant. No thanks. We already have that in college basketball. Lets not fuck up college football, please.

Your post is irrelevant. Just saying.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lose to Baylor.

jeez...its not that hard TCU

Nobody in his right mind is going put you in over Baylor.
That Baylor game keeps being mentioned. Didn't Ohio State lose to an ACC team?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played 3 bowl teams OOC in Navy (8-5), Cincinnati (9-4), and Virginia Tech (7-6).

Baylor played SMU (1-11), Northwestern State (6-6 FCS), and Buffalo (5-6). It was the 128th ranked OOC schedule out of 128 FBS teams.

Between TCU and Baylor they played a single bowl team OOC along with an FCS opponent each while Ohio State played 4 FBS opponents including the aforementioned 3 bowl teams.

At least Ohio State attempted to schedule some quality opponents. Baylor scheduled like a bottom feeder in a P5 conference, while TCU scheduled a historical doormat of the Big 10 that happened to have a decent year. It would be no different than Ohio State scheduling an FCS oppenent, 2 non P5 doormats, and Kansas. People would be irate if that was their OOC schedule and they got in.

But as I said before, none of these teams even deserve to be in the playoff as they all have their warts.

Very good post. Ohio State played a much better non-conference schedule.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what you're saying is: even if Baylor had gone 12-0, Ohio State still would have been the fourth playoff team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is: even if Baylor had gone 12-0, Ohio State still would have been the fourth playoff team.
The selection committee is in love with Ohio State so you are probably correct.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Cincinnati went undefeated a few years ago and didn't play for the championship?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Cincinnati went undefeated a few years ago and didn't play for the championship?
Now you are comparing apples to oranges.... COMEDY GOLD!

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and got your shit pushed in 51-24 by a 12-0 regular season winner as well. . Our only loss was to Bama in the CCG we didn't get in either

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Baylor was undefeated they would undoubtedly be in the playoff. Hell, they might have even been rated #1.

Problem is, they aren't, and they lost to a similar team in West Virginia as Ohio State did in Virginia Tech. If you are going to schedule that shit OOC, then you damn well better make sure you go undefeated to earn a seat at the table.

If Bama, or Ohio State, or Florida State put together the same OOC schedule as Baylor, people would be having shit fits about it right now.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. It makes the regular season irrelevant. No thanks. We already have that in college basketball. Lets not fuck up college football, please.

No it does not and it will happen sooner than later.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and got your shit pushed in 51-24 by a 12-0 regular season winner as well. . Our only loss was to Bama in the CCG we didn't get in either

Such a filthy mouth for a lady....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor didn't so it's irrelevant.

As you say, sir.

If Baylor was undefeated they would undoubtedly be in the playoff. Hell, they might have even been rated #1.

Problem is, they aren't, and they lost to a similar team in West Virginia as Ohio State did in Virginia Tech. If you are going to schedule that shit OOC, then you damn well better make sure you go undefeated to earn a seat at the table.

If Bama, or Ohio State, or Florida State put together the same OOC schedule as Baylor, people would be having shit fits about it right now.

Somehow I think all three of those teams would still have gotten the nod over Baylor or TCU even if their OOC's were horrible.

My point is, why does OOC only matter when two/three teams have a loss each? If Baylor's OOC is so atrocious, it's atrocious under any scenario. Should it be forgotten about/forgiven just because they go undefeated? That's the old Boise State argument.

If it's only atrocious when they have a loss and OSU has a loss, then my theory is the correct one: Baylor's OOC is NOT what kept them out of the playoffs. It's their LOSS to West Virginia that kept them out. I've been saying that for weeks, and yet people keep going, "it's their OOC!"

It's a classic "move the goalposts."

If they're undefeated, "they're undefeated, can't argue with 12-0!"
If they lose a game, "they didn't schedule worth a crap!"

If out of conference schedule strength is going to matter, it needs to matter in every scenario. Can't you hear the OSU fans screaming bloody murder if they're 12-1 and get left out of the playoffs for a 12-0 TCU or Baylor who played a pillow soft sched?