• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Committee Made The Wrong Decision

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did play like that against baylor. They just played a good team in that game as opposed to some overrated crap SEC West team

That same Baylor defense that couldn't stop a parked car, TCU shit the bed against baylor and would of choked.....sorry eltexan when Texas and Oklahoma have down years the big 12 is left with nothing but hot air

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fuel for the eight-team playoff fire!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only mistake the committee made was that FSU shoud have been ranked one (not that it really matters)

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only mistake the committee made was that FSU shoud have been ranked one (not that it really matters)

FSU is worthy of #2 right now. I think they can handle the ducks tomorrow but I don't think they could beat Bama in the NC

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When TCU shows up to play in a game they really didn't want to be in and play like they did, it's makes you think 8 team playoffs are needed.

Maybe sooner then later. :noidea: No Oklahoma pun intended. :lol:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8 teams would have included Mississippi State and Michigan State. Mississippi State got whipped their last game of the year and were handled by Alabama despite what the final score said. Michigan State got spanked by 2 of the top 4 teams already. What would be the point of including these teams other than to give them not only a 2nd chance, but a 3rd chance? Neither team was deserving of a shot in the playoffs and already proved that they weren't nearly as good as teams ranked in the top 4.

The only reason there is any bitching is that there had to be a 4th team included. In my view there are only 3 worthy teams that deserve to be in the playoff in Alabama, Oregon, and Florida State. The 4th team doesn't deserve to be there whether it be Ohio State, TCU, or Baylor.

Baylor doesn't deserve to be in simply because of their pathetic OOC schedule. They deserve to be punished for that shit storm they put together. TCU loses any normal conference tie-breaker due to losing to Baylor head-to-head. Ohio State was a clear conference champion and dominated their conference runner up while having a stronger SOS than either Baylor or TCU regardless of what SOS method you use.

People will bitch because they want to bitch. If it was Baylor or TCU selected as opposed to Ohio State, we would still be having the same conversations because people want to complain because they want an expanded playoff regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

An 8 team playoff would have made the conference championship games meaningless as Oregon, Alabama, and Florida State would all have likely been able to lose and still be in an 8 team playoff format. That would be ridiculously stupid. Games between Baylor/TCU, Oregon/Michigan State, Ohio State/Michigan State, Alabama/Mississippi State, and Florida State/Georgia Tech would lose a ton of meaning in an 8 team playoff.

The format should include conference champions only. That gives us 10 potential candidates and maybe an independent or two. This year it wasn't difficult to whittle it down to 5 teams and then make ONE single decision as to whether you take Ohio State or Baylor. Baylor paid the price for their shit OOC schedule, and deservedly so.

Last edited by a moderator:

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerOC, I stopped reading after the first paragraph. The key to the playoff and getting in is schedule tougher games. False conference perception can be eliminated when the team plays a tough OC schedule.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The format should include conference champions only. That gives us 10 potential candidates and maybe an independent or two. This year it wasn't difficult to whittle it down to 5 teams and then make ONE single decision as to whether you take Ohio State or Baylor. Baylor paid the price for their shit OOC schedule, and deservedly so.

I'm sorry, but what made Ohio State's OOC schedule so gangbusters? That they lost to a .500 ACC team at home? :noidea:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When TCU shows up to play in a game they really didn't want to be in and play like they did, it's makes you think 8 team playoffs are needed.

Maybe sooner then later. :noidea: No Oklahoma pun intended. :lol:
An 8 team playoff makes better sense.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal opinion so don't verbally prison r*pe me. TCU whips tOSU on a neutral field by 20+ points.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but what made Ohio State's OOC schedule so gangbusters? That they lost to a .500 ACC team at home? :noidea:
Ohio State is fortunate that the selection committee was so biased in their favor.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An 8 team playoff makes better sense.

No, it doesn't. It makes the regular season irrelevant. No thanks. We already have that in college basketball. Lets not fuck up college football, please.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kramer likes him some tOSU.