• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comissioner Goodell makes it very clear: Tom Brady cannot hide

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How hard is it to get your list of questions ready for the ballboy?
You mean the central person in this entire investigation? Nice try to undermine his importance, but it's not going to work.

You do know that during investigations they often learn new information that brings up follow up questions right? I mean that's investigating 101.

You also realize that by denying what was a seriously accommodating request at that moment, it appears as though something the Wells people learned was possibly damaging enough as to take the risk of keeping him from them again right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How hard is it to get your list of questions ready for the ballboy?

They wanted to question him a second time AFTER they had recovered some of the deleted texts where they found the most incriminating evidence. Wouldn't you want somebody to explain why they called themselves the deflater months before this all started. Instead the Patriots blocked that chance.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was accused of cheating the game. Again, an innocent man has nothing to hide.

That doesn't make the request reasonable. The NFL has no more "right" to take Brady's phone than they do to search his house or car. These guys aren't law enforcement. It's bullshit. Under the same premise, Goodell could also ask to have sex with Gisele. Then he could suspend Brady for "not cooperating" when he says no.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to question him a second time AFTER they had recovered some of the deleted texts where they found the most incriminating evidence. Wouldn't you want somebody to explain why they called themselves the deflater months before this all started. Instead the Patriots blocked that chance.

I never heard any of this about "recovered texts". I'm going to need to see some documentation. I stated earlier that it's pretty damn hard to truly "delete" something.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the central person in this entire investigation? Nice try to undermine his importance, but it's not going to work.

You do know that during investigations they often learn new information that brings up follow up questions right? I mean that's investigating 101.

You also realize that by denying what was a seriously accommodating request at that moment, it appears as though something the Wells people learned was possibly damaging enough as to take the risk of keeping him from them again right?

Absolutely it makes sense to have a follow-up Q&A. I just don't think the NFL would have ever let the Pats draw the line. If they cooperated 9 times, the 10th time when they didn't comply would constitute a "lack of cooperation". That's how it works when the NFL makes all the rules and then decides how to enforce them.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tom hands over his phone and gets all games back I would think Kraft and the team will re-approach the fine and Draft Picks.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely it makes sense to have a follow-up Q&A. I just don't think the NFL would have ever let the Pats draw the line. If they cooperated 9 times, the 10th time when they didn't comply would constitute a "lack of cooperation". That's how it works when the NFL makes all the rules and then decides how to enforce them.
I guess that makes sense to you, but to non homers that's ridiculous.

You go back and answer questions for as long as they exist if you have nothing to hide. PERIOD. No room for debate.

They were going to drive to where he lives and meet him at his convenience. Entirely reasonable. And if they found another reason to have another question then so be it.

The hypothetical of 9 or 10 is entirely fabricated and moot. It was only the second one from the wells group. This wasn't even a 4th or 5th. It's a strawman to call it 5 given that fact.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make the request reasonable. The NFL has no more "right" to take Brady's phone than they do to search his house or car. These guys aren't law enforcement. It's bullshit. Under the same premise, Goodell could also ask to have sex with Gisele. Then he could suspend Brady for "not cooperating" when he says no.
What a great analogy. :L

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great analogy. :L

Lol! Fair enough. But you get the point. The NFL decides exactly how much compliance is necessary and, therefore, what is "out" of compliance. You don't think that sets up a slippery slope?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Fair enough. But you get the point. The NFL decides exactly how much compliance is necessary and, therefore, what is "out" of compliance. You don't think that sets up a slippery slope?
No. I really don't. Its only a problem if you did something wrong.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he cheats the game you are ok with that? Just trying to figure out where your moral line is at.

I have none pedofiles and woman beaters are dead to me

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the feds were accusing Brady of a crime then yes the 4th Amendment would protect Brady and his phone.

This is not a legal matter it's a league rule violation. The players are under league rule, if they don't want to abide by them they are free to retire/quit.