• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bowls have lost their luster over the years. I believe it would be a high to play in the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta as these Bowls pitted the Conference Champions against each other and the NC went to 1 of these teams. Now, these Bowls rotate hosting the NC, so in my opinion, these have lost their luster unless your team is in it. I probably will not watch Bama vs Clemson again.
I agree 100% with what you have said here, when we were in school, there were what 10, 12 bowls???? It took a GOOD season to get to a bowl game, it was something special for the fans, it was a special reward for the coaches and players, and it gave you the advantage of extra practice for next fall. While the luster is off, they are not meaningless, anyone playing a sport at the major college level who views a game, ANY game as meaningless is either a liar or is someone I don't want on my team.
I don’t have the same “rivalry” hate for Syracuse. Just can’t get fired up for that rivalry. For me, it’s Pitt and VT.

I think you must be a bit younger than me, from your choice of hated rivals, my two most hated rivals were always sPitt and 'Cuse, VPI was not a rival in my view at the time, we beat them pretty handily most of the time when I was young, I came to view them as a rival in the late 1980s, when they started winning.

Will couldn’t be a deserter since he and Yodny Cajuste both players discussed it with Dana. In other words, they were given consent.

We jokingly talk about Saban one day coming home, I don't think he would give his blessing to a starting lineman and star QB, probably would not advise them to skip a game, he would advise them to play, but let them decide. Nothing to base it on, but I also figure HIS players would want to go out and win EVERY game.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brown could turn into a quality hire for us and a guy that stays around a bit if we take care of him.....but we have to fix this:

Holgorsen also has a pool of $4.5 million to assemble his coaching staff. That’s nearly $1.1 million more than what he had to pay his assistants at West Virginia — a pot made even sweeter by the lack of a state income tax in Texas.

Houston’s salary pool for assistant coaches would rank third in the Big 12 behind Texas and Oklahoma.

Right now they will be able to attract better coaches to support him...right now Houston is proving they want to move their program to the next level.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has ALWAYS been interesting on a WVU board!!!
Seeing as Holgorsen was Luck's guy, he probably would have given away the store after the ten win fluke a couple years ago,

How the hell do you thin we fluke into 10 wins, and further more why the hell couldn't your boy fluke into 10 wins with RR team?

But seriously no one is fluking into 10 win season...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELLLLLLL, for one thing, having an elite QB playing one more game and winning in his last game MAY get a HS QB to think he could come here and play and contribute. Another thing is a win in the bowl would have cemented us in the rankings, ranked teams get a lot more media coverage than non ranked teams, a win in the bowl game may well highlight other senior players such that pro scouts notice them and they may get a shot. If a bowl game against an old and bitter rival is meaningless, then EVERY game is meaningless............ESPN has screwed up the best sport in the world beyond repair.
I don’t think so. I couldn’t even tell you who won 90 percent of the Bowls This year

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think so. I couldn’t even tell you who won 90 percent of the Bowls This year
I bet the coaches and kids on the teams can!!!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill take em of course but agree, flukes.

Missed makable FG by KState , a tipped int when BYU is going through the defense like a hot knife through butter to close the game come to mind.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill take em of course but agree, flukes.

Missed makable FG by KState , a tipped int when BYU is going through the defense like a hot knife through butter to close the game come to mind.

Makes sense...

Of course, WVU should have had more 9 and 10 win seasons. A couple of fluke bounces and mishaps...

2012 - WVU - ref's cheated WVU on TCU OT pass. WVU wins. WVU's defense mistakes cost OU game.

2015 - WVU should have won the Okie St game in regulation. A couple of deep fumbles cost them. Should have won the KSU game but KOR and missed assignment on passing play were flukes. Cost us a 10 win season.

2017 - dropped TD pass in season opener. Dropped TD pass in TCU game. Losing Will in UT game. All fluke plays which cost us at least a 10 win season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids maybe. Coaches I doubt it.
I bet they do, when I hear coaches talk about past games, they have pretty good memories, especially about losses

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think so. I couldn’t even tell you who won all 90 Bowls This year
Fixed it for you. That is the problem in itself. Too many bowls. 39 is the current number, IIRC. So 78 of 129 teams go to a bowl. WAY too many!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed it for you. That is the problem in itself. Too many bowls. 39 is the current number, IIRC. So 78 of 129 teams go to a bowl. WAY too many!

Im ok with the bowls but I just think we need more.. incentives for players/programs for the lower tier bowls.

1. Like to see the sponsor put up 100k or so to split amongst the players of the winning team.

Also like to see the playoff expanded to 8.

All P5 champs, the highest ranked independent, highest ranked G5's in the east & west.

Stop all the crying and settle it on the field PLUS if some day there is another round of realignment and WVU gets left out... we still have a shot at getting into the playoff being a G5 program.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality though, they were flukes.....

I don't know if they were flukes...but it is interesting you have finally come around to my way of thinking that Nehlen was at best an average HC..nothing wrong with it...he just wasn't the legendary figure people try to make him out to be..aka..he wasn't Joe Paterno by any stretch.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense...

Of course, WVU should have had more 9 and 10 win seasons. A couple of fluke bounces and mishaps...

2012 - WVU - ref's cheated WVU on TCU OT pass. WVU wins. WVU's defense mistakes cost OU game.

2015 - WVU should have won the Okie St game in regulation. A couple of deep fumbles cost them. Should have won the KSU game but KOR and missed assignment on passing play were flukes. Cost us a 10 win season.

2017 - dropped TD pass in season opener. Dropped TD pass in TCU game. Losing Will in UT game. All fluke plays which cost us at least a 10 win season.

I would even throw 2014 in there..they should have beaten Alabama that year...Kevin White at least 4 TD's dropped in that game

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a TON of luck involved in college ball, watching Ohio State year after year is amazing, 90% of the time, on a fumble or INT, the ball will bounce around, then drop into one of their guy's hands in stride. If we had their luck, we would be an 11 win team every year also!!! Nehlen was not a great coach, but a good one for us at the time, He brought us from a joke to respectability, was loyal to the school, AND maybe most importantly, retired when he saw he was having trouble competing any longer, left his legacy intact.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 - WVU - ref's cheated WVU on TCU OT pass.
I have said for years that officials need to work for the NCAA, NOT for the leagues, whether on purpose or subliminal, there is a tilt toward the team that would do the league the most good in any given game.