• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of yall seen/heard anything about who Troy would hire as their HC should Brown come to Morgantown? Would their DC be a candidate?
Vic Koenning - Wikipedia

Maybe we see Brown hired as HC and Gibby staying as DC:noidea: If the deep pockets truly are that hung up on Gibby then maybe that feeds the bulldog for now.
Could be wrong, but I don’t think Brown can turn around the program as Fickell has already proven. I would like to see a defensive coach come in and a Dana type OC come in to run the offense. We’ve seen what Dana did after working with QBs only a season or two. I’ve talked bad about Skyler, but his numbers proved me wrong. Look at the kid named Clint Trickett. Whether you like or dislike Dana, he had QBs improve and his overall team threw up some points. Not in every game, but let’s not act like we are the only team that has floundered in scoring.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be wrong, but I don’t think Brown can turn around the program as Fickell has already proven. I would like to see a defensive coach come in and a Dana type OC come in to run the offense. We’ve seen what Dana did after working with QBs only a season or two. I’ve talked bad about Skyler, but his numbers proved me wrong. Look at the kid named Clint Trickett. Whether you like or dislike Dana, he had QBs improve and his overall team threw up some points. Not in every game, but let’s not act like we are the only team that has floundered in scoring.
I think Fickell has the higher potential of the two, and I do like defense, but can we get the defensive players to stop the best offenses in the league? I think another plus of Fickell is being from Ohio, kids in Ohio know him and respect him, Ohio is not Florida or Texas, but there are a LOT of good ball players in the state. I think either would do a good job, if they can figure out the tough task of recruiting to WVU.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Coaching Search...it seems that every opening in the country has been filled except TEMPLE AND WV!!..WTF is going on?...we will have Zero in this recruiting class if they wait much longer...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when WVU fans chirped that WVU was an attractive program for prospective HC’s? We were on a level where we didn’t have to settle for mediocrity like we had under Dana... we could attract quality HC’s.

My understanding... Butch Jones and Skip Holtz reached out to WVU about its opening.

That is it...

Why would that be the case? Why don’t more HC’s want to be the next WVU HC?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when WVU fans chirped that WVU was an attractive program for prospective HC’s? We were on a level where we didn’t have to settle for mediocrity like we had under Dana... we could attract quality HC’s.

My understanding... Butch Jones and Skip Holtz reached out to WVU about its opening.

That is it...

Why would that be the case? Why don’t more HC’s want to be the next WVU HC?

Why does that list not shock me..I am surprised Todd Graham's name isn't in the mix...or Jeff Casteel

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stew did two things Holgosen couldn't, he beat Oklahoma and he beat Syracuse.......
:what::what::what:

Maybe this will jog your memory about Syracuse...and UCONN!! ..2010 season!..even his Old Buddy Mickey couldn't run cover fire for him anymore!

The Mountaineers promptly lost to Syracuse and Connecticut in succession. The losses certainly couldn’t be blamed on the defense: the Orange completed only five passes. They made it inside WVU’s 16 four times and kicked four field goals. They did hardly anything to win on the road against a team like WVU, but they won nonetheless. Smith threw three interceptions, one in the end zone, and WVU scored just twice in four red zone possessions. It was a 19–14 loss.

Mickey Furfari, the longtime, resourceful writer who’s been around the program for a generation and doesn’t really hide the fact he’s a fan, called it "one of the most pitiful performances … a guy in his 65th year of covering the Mountaineers can recall." After seven games— and really, this was 33 games into Stewart’s tenure now—this was an offense with nothing to lean on, with no identity, with no way to rescue itself from itself, not even with two chances late to either kick two field goals or score one touchdown to win the game. "I disagree with that," Stewart said. "It’s been short passing, deep passes. We were 5-1. We were passing the ball and putting a lot on our skill guys because our running back is hurt. That’s your opinion and that’s my opinion. I’m not going to debate you on that."

And you go on about the Iowa Sate loss a few years back?...They would have burned Dana's house down!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:what::what::what:

Maybe this will jog your memory about Syracuse...and UCONN!! ..2010 season!..even his Old Buddy Mickey couldn't run cover fire for him anymore!

The Mountaineers promptly lost to Syracuse and Connecticut in succession. The losses certainly couldn’t be blamed on the defense: the Orange completed only five passes. They made it inside WVU’s 16 four times and kicked four field goals. They did hardly anything to win on the road against a team like WVU, but they won nonetheless. Smith threw three interceptions, one in the end zone, and WVU scored just twice in four red zone possessions. It was a 19–14 loss.

Mickey Furfari, the longtime, resourceful writer who’s been around the program for a generation and doesn’t really hide the fact he’s a fan, called it "one of the most pitiful performances … a guy in his 65th year of covering the Mountaineers can recall." After seven games— and really, this was 33 games into Stewart’s tenure now—this was an offense with nothing to lean on, with no identity, with no way to rescue itself from itself, not even with two chances late to either kick two field goals or score one touchdown to win the game. "I disagree with that," Stewart said. "It’s been short passing, deep passes. We were 5-1. We were passing the ball and putting a lot on our skill guys because our running back is hurt. That’s your opinion and that’s my opinion. I’m not going to debate you on that."

And you go on about the Iowa Sate loss a few years back?...They would have burned Dana's house down!
Stew was 2-1 against Syracuse, Holgorsen has had his clocked cleaned by them three times, 0-3.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You boys better be loving you some Neal Brown.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stew was 2-1 against Syracuse, Holgorsen has had his clocked cleaned by them three times, 0-3.

If you think Syracuse wins that game if #8, ,#12 and #7 were on the field you are kidding yourself

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Syracuse wins that game if #8, ,#12 and #7 were on the field you are kidding yourself
Defection is an excuse now?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defection is an excuse now?
No different than Grier missing the game last year. The result would have been different if the missing players played.

Why is it defection? Just because he didn’t play in a Bowl game or it because you dislike the guy because he has long hair, or fumbled twice during the OU game, or because he has gun slinger attitude? If I were in his shoes and had the opportunity to make a solid, comfortable living...deuces to WVU and everyone.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s my boy... don’t ever change!
I think the coaching search has him stressed. Hated the HC we had for replacing the HC he loved, but not sure what we are going to get. Campus was dead today. Even the folks who work at the University thought that there would be more news than what they’ve heard.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the coaching search has him stressed. Hated the HC we had for replacing the HC he loved, but not sure what we are going to get. Campus was dead today. Even the folks who work at the University thought that there would be more news than what they’ve heard.
I think it has us all stressed, I think we are getting an upgrade at HC, but you can never be sure.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it defection?
it shows a lack of loyalty to your team and teammates, there are insurance policies that can be bought. He could get hurt in practice, lifting weights, walking down the street, or in his first NFL game. It shows selfishness, one of the issues with Grier, he was not here to be a Mountie, he was here to showcase himself to the pros. Those two scrambling fumbles against OU will hurt his stock, imo, NFL teams are not looking for the hot dog, they are not looking for gaudy stats, they are looking for wins!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it shows a lack of loyalty to your team and teammates, there are insurance policies that can be bought. He could get hurt in practice, lifting weights, walking down the street, or in his first NFL game. It shows selfishness, one of the issues with Grier, he was not here to be a Mountie, he was here to showcase himself to the pros. Those two scrambling fumbles against OU will hurt his stock, imo, NFL teams are not looking for the hot dog, they are not looking for gaudy stats, they are looking for wins!!
What’s the difference between leaving school early and not playing in some meaningless Bowl Game at the end of my career at said University. Why should I have to purchase an insurance policy for said meaningless Bowl Game? What would winning that meaningless Bowl Game do for recruiting?
Contrary to your belief, the kid wasn’t being a hot dog but attempting to avoid a sack using poor ball management skills. He should have thrown them out of bounds but hindsight is 20/20. The 2 fumbles may be a talking point but their not going to hurt his stock as much as you are hoping.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would winning that meaningless Bowl Game do for recruiting?
WELLLLLLL, for one thing, having an elite QB playing one more game and winning in his last game MAY get a HS QB to think he could come here and play and contribute. Another thing is a win in the bowl would have cemented us in the rankings, ranked teams get a lot more media coverage than non ranked teams, a win in the bowl game may well highlight other senior players such that pro scouts notice them and they may get a shot. If a bowl game against an old and bitter rival is meaningless, then EVERY game is meaningless............ESPN has screwed up the best sport in the world beyond repair.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELLLLLLL, for one thing, having an elite QB playing one more game and winning in his last game MAY get a HS QB to think he could come here and play and contribute. Another thing is a win in the bowl would have cemented us in the rankings, ranked teams get a lot more media coverage than non ranked teams, a win in the bowl game may well highlight other senior players such that pro scouts notice them and they may get a shot. If a bowl game against an old and bitter rival is meaningless, then EVERY game is meaningless............ESPN has screwed up the best sport in the world beyond repair.
Now think what you just typed here. Just like you, I do not have real facts to support what I’m going to rebut your possible claims.

WVU was not on Will’s radar coming out of high school. He only came here due to sitting out of Florida because of PED accusations. He also came here because of DANA and his offense. Talking to some guys who played college ball, nobody mentioned they went to play because of a now meaningless Bowl game. Teams in the NC playoffs will draw the interest of HS players because they want to win a NC while at school. The Bowls have lost their luster over the years. I believe it would be a high to play in the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta as these Bowls pitted the Conference Champions against each other and the NC went to 1 of these teams. Now, these Bowls rotate hosting the NC, so in my opinion, these have lost their luster unless your team is in it. I probably will not watch Bama vs Clemson again. The Bowls are used as a “reward” for the players. Some who were not on anybody’s radar may get a look. Most are locked into the Senior Bowl or, in the case of underclassmen, they’ve made a big enough splash to be noticed. The only game I sat and watched, outside of ours, was PSU vs Kentucky. I don’t have the same “rivalry” hate for Syracuse. Just can’t get fired up for that rivalry. For me, it’s Pitt and VT.

As you know, rankings do not tell the whole story. It may bring in a player or 2. Kids I’ve spoke to who went on to play in college want a scholly, playing time, a shot at the big stage from a notable football factory. Some realize that the education is important once their playing days are over.

I spoke briefly to Ricky Rodgers. He left the program over a lack of playing time. He earned his degree while at WVU and went on to do well for his 1 season at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He is working out as he has some tryouts on the horizon. I do think of him as a Mountaineer and not a deserter. Will couldn’t be a deserter since he and Yodny Cajuste both players discussed it with Dana. In other words, they were given consent.