• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clay, MLB's 1st 5 game winner & The Jets didnt Fuck up

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatwave. Agree to dis-agree

Buehrle is a borderline major league pitcher at this stage

Josh Johnson is awful, he fools no one if you watch him

Morrow has only been anything special to you

Dickey will be good IMO

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have, with the key word being 'may'. He's got the right coach. Fisher is easily the best coach on the divison. We'll see.

Short of a "past" or "passed"confusion I choose my words carefully.

I know anything can change when these guys get hit by nothing but real football players.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....he's obviously got no clue how to run a team...

2 superbowl appearances and the playoffs every year in the past 5 seasons....

Pretty much a cement affirmation that Tom brady is the greatest QB in history in your opinion...to overcome horrible head coaching the NFL? One would have to be...

No, no no.. You keep forgetting... Tom Brady is literally the most overrated athlete Dirt has ever seen in his entire life.

Yet, for some reason that Dirt hasn't explained in 5 years, the Patriots do nothing but win games, make playoffs, win playoff games, and reach the semifinals almost every single year...

Brady's got nothing to do with it.

Easy schedules and stuff...

Lucky breaks..

It's fun when you look at the cavalcade of excuses Dirt makes for the Patriots being a top 2-4 team in the NFL every single year...

And then he gets all huffed up when you talk about officiating in the NBA...

Dirt doesn't believe in excuses... Except when the Patriots are winning..

Which is, yeah.. every year..

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is painfully obvious... Mike Oxlodge is gunning for VP's "biggest troll on the boards" belt...

I'd be offended, but Ox if I have to lose the title, let it be to a superb poster such as Ox

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have, with the key word being 'may'. He's got the right coach. Fisher is easily the best coach on the divison. We'll see.

why....because he went(and lost) to SB 11 years ago.....and owns a .500 or so record with only 6seasons i believe of 10 or more wins in 21 years of coaching

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely

this is one of those drafts where quantity exceeds quality

That doesn't make a bit of sense...

What fucking good is the quantity if there is no quality in it?

I'd trade all four of those picks for one bonafide starter... All day, every day.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The fact that the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills have had horrible records for the majority of the last 10 years has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the Patriots making the playoffs."

There's a question in there? Because all I see? Is a horrible attempt at trolling by rewording what I actually said.

The Pats beat up on everyone in the reg season...based on their reg season record against the AFC East vs. the rest of the NFL? No...the "weak" division they play in has factored very little in their ability to "make the playoffs"

Since it was a Giants fan that started all this...how about you do me a favor...and go back and look at the number of playoff victories and appearances the NFC east has had since 2007...and how many the AFC east has had...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no.. not at all. it is what it is right now we suck balls at the present. but i am here taking my lumps unlike others.

dirt- if the yankees go 0-10 vs. the blue jays it doesn't matter the yankees still better

dirt now that the yankees are winning- i knew this yankees team would come through. i said it. i predicted it. and its gonna come down to the sox and yankees as always.

we'll see just how long this last

Huh?

I predicted the sox would be better than people think

The Rays weren't as good as people think

The Yankees will be in the postseason

The Orioles I don't know what to expect

The Jays will be awful

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why....because he went(and lost) to SB 11 years ago.....and owns a .500 or so record with only 4 seasons i believe of 10 or more wins in 14 years of coaching

He also got forced by his owner to let that scrub in your avatar start professional football games. I think he deserves a five game handicap each year just for that.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd trade all four of those picks for one bonafide starter... All day, every day.

outside of the top 10, with maybe 2 exceptions

the first round is entirely overhyped because the talent is so thin

guys going at 20+ (for the most part) would be 2nd and 3rd rounders in other thicker years

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah bill Parcells had a great resume too, and than knew it was time to move on. The division is why they are in the postseason every year. The coach and QB are why they get throttled when they get there

"Don't pay attention to those whiny bitches making excuses about refs."

images

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dirt now that the yankees are winning- i knew this yankees team would come through. i said it. i predicted it. and its gonna come down to the sox and yankees as always.

Yeah, woe is Dirt for starting to say that now that they're winning

It's not like the things that Dirt, myself, Pete and most posters on these boards are the same as the things we were saying for months

I don't need to look at the Jays record to know they're a bad team. I only need to look at their garbage roster

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no signficant upgrade in "quality" at #29 and #52 in this draft......the "quality" is nearly identical from the mid 1st to the end of the 2nd round...unless they were trading into the top 10-15...it made more sense to drop down and collect picks...

I'd rather have 3 mediocre players...than 1 mediocre player...and mediocrity is all there really is at this point...

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all...n and out today but wanted to apologize to Heat and others for allowing my Yankees blinders to not see:
The jays assembled an offensive, defensive and pitching juggernaut this winter

The Yankees would never be able to replace Ibanez and Jones with scrubs like Wells and Hafner

The Yankees awful catching wouldn't come close to the offensive output of Russ Martin

Brandon Morrow is a far superior pitcher to Philip Hughes

Sorry heat, go get 'em...break that AL win record

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The fact that the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills have had horrible records for the majority of the last 10 years has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the Patriots making the playoffs."

There's a question in there? Because all I see? Is a horrible attempt at trolling by rewording what I actually said.

The Pats beat up on everyone in the reg season...based on their reg season record against the AFC East vs. the rest of the NFL? No...the "weak" division they play in has factored very little in their ability to "make the playoffs"

Since it was a Giants fan that started all this...how about you do me a favor...and go back and look at the number of playoff victories and appearances the NFC east has had since 2007...and how many the AFC east has had...

Don't tell me you haven't seen the question I have asked at least 3 times. I promise you anyone following this sees you dodging.

Is the Patriots record the only determining factor for them making the playoffs?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pshaw! You phegs don't know a damn thing about trolling. You're luck that Self and I are semi-retired.

word, self

now that cbs is dead, there is no reason to troll.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatwave. Agree to dis-agree

Buehrle is a borderline major league pitcher at this stage

Josh Johnson is awful, he fools no one if you watch him

Morrow has only been anything special to you

Dickey will be good IMO

The problem with Morrow and Johnson is that whenever they try to throw their best stuff over multiple games, they get hurt. So they pull back to stay healthy and the result is a season like Johnson had last year. Very average.

Dickey seems to be coming around. But I still don't see him doing better than a 4.00 ERA. But that might be enough to win 15+ games if the Blue Jays ever start hitting consistently

Happ is a pretender. He's going to get clobbering his second time through the league.

Buehrle is going throw 200 IP, beat bad team and lose to good teams. .500 pitcher.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Heatwave? Did I sufficiently answer your question about OBP and championship success?

And if so, how do you think that bodes for the Blue Jays and their roster of terrible OBP guys?

"When was the last time a quarterback from Delaware won the Super Bowl anyways?"

- stump the Heatschwab

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks VP, and I Just got a private message from an anonymous poster agreeing with everything you said.

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't hide from discussing such.. i stated here the last 3 days they absolutely suck (right now) check the threads i said it plain as day. i do believe they will turn it around and i don't see anything wrong with thinking guys who are performing well below their norm will eventually return to their norm

Heat, that is the problem....who is playing WELL below norm?

Yes, I don't expect half the lineup to bat .150 all year but you have a team of 250 hitters with OB of .290 for careers...this is the team they have

And, the pitchers are performing right around where smart people like me said they would do in the AL east.