• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clady to Season-Ending IR

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today, the West Coast Offense no longer only resides on the west coast, but
can be found in schools across the nation, including Boise State,[6] Nebraska, and
Vanderbilt[7]
West Coast offense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is why it's so interesting that so little of what they do is 'new'.
When you watch Boise State play you will see a lot of the Treadwell/Roushar
'multiple offense' you are familiar with. The difference is, Boise State
makes everything in the traditional pro-style offense quicker
, weirder
looking, more diverse, and transformable. Then, for added measure, they throw in
concepts like the pistol formation, and the WildCat. It is the Rube Goldberg
Machine of college offenses and it must be unbelievably difficult to prepare
for.

Chris Petersen's Three Laws of Motion - The Only Colors

This link also shows quite well what Boise St. tries to do on offense. While it's origins are West Coast style, they actually are an amalgam of different styles designed to best "leverage" their offensive players:

http://smartfootball.com/gameplanni...rage-numbers-and-grass-to-gash-the-opposition

Boise State is not a typical spread style or gimmick air raid offense; they use
multiple formations, move players around, and run the ball effectively.

Boise State Proves Sizes Doesn?t Matter It?s the Motion of the Offense that Counts: They?d Be Even Better in the SEC. - College Football Universe

So, Mr. Rob Base Lions fan...... you're STILL wrong about Boise St. and their offense. As for Clady, most NFL scouts, D-coordinators, and such disagree with you and feel Clady is definitely a strong LT and one of the best. I've had my fun....back to "ignore" you go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible to you? Incredible to me. You need to check facts bro. Clady played in a spread offense at Boise, and LT's from spread offenses struggle in the NFL. It's not a personal attack, it's not trolling. It's truth. Pro bowl voting is a joke and everyone knows it. He had one good rookie year and has not matched that success since. I retracted my mistake of wrongly calling him a big 12 LT. Brain fart. But my point is valid whether you can deal with it or not.

Again you need to take some time to actually read up on the Boise State offense that Clady was playing in. It was not the Spread-Option offense. All you have to do is look at the quarterback stats of those teams and realize they were playing a more pro-style offense than Spread-Option offense. Quaterbacks were not designed to run in the offense. They were drop back passers first and foremost. They were a team that would run tough smash the ball up the middle and would play 5-wide sets as well. They played to the weaknesses of the defense. IF they struggled against the run then they ran it and vice versa. Now out of the 4 or 5-wide sets it was not an option offense because the Quarterback was not a threat to actually run it. Teams knew when they did this they were going to pass yet Boise found success because they exploited mismatches. They were key on the idea of overloading different parts of the defense and trying to make sure they had more guys on offense in an area than there were defenders.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another troll.

I'm no troll. A lot of posters here can attest to the fact that I posted on the ESPN Bronco board for many years. I used to post as JCforPresident. It's funny that some people can't handle OPINIONS. If you strongly disagree with an opinion, that's fine. But take it like a MAN rather than a women. No reason to call someone a troll just because you disagree. God Bless...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did post on the ESPN board and we called him a troll there too. Not sure why he thinks he was "One of us" when we all told him to get lost. His posts though were always funny in he would post them then 10 minutes later he would have 20 thumbs up on his post. He was the king of having a ridiculous number of sign in names. He was also the king of insulting you then telling you "God Bless." It always made me think of Talladega Nights where Ricky Bobby would say "With all due respect" then think that gave him permission to say whatever stupid thing came to mind.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no troll. A lot of posters here can attest to the fact that I posted on the ESPN Bronco board for many years. I used to post as JCforPresident. It's funny that some people can't handle OPINIONS. If you strongly disagree with an opinion, that's fine. But take it like a MAN rather than a women. No reason to call someone a troll just because you disagree. God Bless...

Take your own advice and take it like a man when you are called a troll. Tim Tebow is not on the Broncos. Move on and accept it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your own advice and take it like a man when you are called a troll. Tim Tebow is not on the Broncos. Move on and accept it.

You forgot to call him a "Women"

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some here are in DENIAL. The fact is, this is the worst possible news!! Manning is not good when he doesn't get great protection. I have to hand it to old BrokeNeck, he was great the first 2 weeks. He can really pick apart the defense when he has all day to throw. BUT we've seen in the past how bad he is under pressure, like the playoff game against the Steelers when he threw his whole OL under the bus after the game. With Clady out now, I fear Manning's performance will go downhill. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But I see this season falling apart now. God Bless...

Not many QB's are good with pressure on them so thanks Mr. Obvious and as for the rest of the post you dont consider trolling. Now thats funny. BrokeNeck really? How old are you?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible to you? Incredible to me. You need to check facts bro. Clady played in a spread offense at Boise, and LT's from spread offenses struggle in the NFL. It's not a personal attack, it's not trolling. It's truth. Pro bowl voting is a joke and everyone knows it. He had one good rookie year and has not matched that success since. I retracted my mistake of wrongly calling him a big 12 LT. Brain fart. But my point is valid whether you can deal with it or not.

He has not missed a game in his career. The numbers only looked bad with Tebow under center (and this is a response for multiple posters) because Tebow can't play QB in the NFL.

Manning had one of the best years of his career last year.

And to say LT from Spread offenses struggles in the NFL is an uninformed and groundless opinion not based on any factual evidence, not only because Clady did not play in a spread offense, but also because there is no real correlation between a LT from a spread offense in college and his performance in the NFL. If a LT who played in a spread offense in college sucks in the NFL, it's probably because that LT sucks no matter what system he played in.

Clady is probably one of the top 5 LT in the game.

You do not know what the hell you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call him a troll. Just uninformed and not very knowledgeable if he thinks Tebow is a good QB.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so wish Tebow would take the Arena Football contract offered to him by Gene Simmons and the LA KISS.

That is all.

lol

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A professed Bronco fan calling Manning BrokeNeck! This clown is a Tebow fan not a Bronco fan. Not one NFL GM thinks Tebow can play QB. The evolution of the read offense kills Tebow. NFL defenses are now better at defensing it and will only get better. Tebow can't throw like RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Vick to threaten defenses. It's funny to watch Teboners argue for this guy when the smartest football minds in the world want no piece of Tebow. I was hoping we would be done talking about a guy that isn't even playing in the NFL but that's just how silly Teboners are.

He actually was a Broncos fan and posted over on the ESPN boards originally under the name Cutler4Pres. After McD sent Cutler packing, he changed his name to AmericanBroncoFan (he made a ridiculous bet with someone about Orton and Cutler's stats in the 09' season and lost and was supposed to never post on the Denver board again, but he welshed on the bet), and after McD acquired Tebow, he changed his name to AmericanTebowFan.

To be honest, he is probably one of the worst posters I have ever had the displeasure to meet and is kind of worse than a troll. A troll does what he does for the lulz, ATF does it because, well, I do not know why he does it. He has no take, hardly knows anything about the game (I am not sure if he is even aware of what a football is), and will only try to use insults and bullying attacks to try and do whatever it is he is trying to accomplish. Best thing to do is throw him on ignore and just leave him there, your sanity will thank you.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but sometimes it's fun to "troll the Troll", so to speak. Usually depends on what kind of mood I'm in :whistle:

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually was a Broncos fan and posted over on the ESPN boards originally under the name Cutler4Pres. After McD sent Cutler packing, he changed his name to AmericanBroncoFan (he made a ridiculous bet with someone about Orton and Cutler's stats in the 09' season and lost and was supposed to never post on the Denver board again, but he welshed on the bet), and after McD acquired Tebow, he changed his name to AmericanTebowFan.

To be honest, he is probably one of the worst posters I have ever had the displeasure to meet and is kind of worse than a troll. A troll does what he does for the lulz, ATF does it because, well, I do not know why he does it. He has no take, hardly knows anything about the game (I am not sure if he is even aware of what a football is), and will only try to use insults and bullying attacks to try and do whatever it is he is trying to accomplish. Best thing to do is throw him on ignore and just leave him there, your sanity will thank you.

So what you are saying is......

He is Jagsbeeotch........(The CBSers will know exactly who I am talking about)

For those of you who do not have a clue, think of this guy we are talking about, but with a Byron Leftwich Jaguars avatar and an overly intrusive love for Tim Tebow. LOL

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is......

He is Jagsbeeotch........(The CBSers will know exactly who I am talking about)

For those of you who do not have a clue, think of this guy we are talking about, but with a Byron Leftwich Jaguars avatar and an overly intrusive love for Tim Tebow. LOL

OMG. Thanks. I had all but erased that idiot from my memory until YOU HAD TO RESURRECT HIM!

LOL. He was a piece of work, wasn't he?

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeze Cali, you had to bring up old wounds :L

Like Morph, I had almost forgotten that name, plus a few others :lol:

Go Broncos
:suds:

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeze Cali, you had to bring up old wounds :L

Like Morph, I had almost forgotten that name, plus a few others :lol:

Go Broncos
:suds:

LOL......he was a mess.

My favorite moment had to be the "I wear the Chargers not having won the Super Bowl as a Badge of Honor." clown.......:L

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting quote from Gase when asked about Clark's progress this preseason:

“I would say the run game; really he (Clark) made some big strides. I always felt really confident with him in pass protection, but the run game [it was] just kind of getting on the same page with everybody else.”