• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clady to Season-Ending IR

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the topic at hand:

Losing Ryan Clady sucks, but like many of you have stated already, it isn't the end of the world. PFM has made a living making Offensive Linemen look good. He will continue to do so.

I am interested to see how Clark holds up, but I don't expect to see the Broncos leave him on an island. Virgil Green has proven to be a very good blocking TE. I am sure they will utilize him a bit more now.

Very glad we have some decent depth on the O-Line.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clark cannot handle it without constant help from a TE and/or RB, wth would you want to keep him in there? Going out of a 2 TE or sliding the TE to the left side to help with protection hampers the offense and prevents them from putting their best 11 on the field as much as they want. As I said though, for the near future it is probably going to be Clark, but at some point they need to question whether or not it is their best option and address it if it needs to be.

Yea, agreed. Sorry multi-tasking at a superhuman level right now.

We are basically saying the same thing. Clark for now, give him help, adjust the game plan accordingly. If it does not work out, Moving Bedadles seems the best move when Kuper is healthy.

We have a pretty easy schedule until the bye week. Kuper should be ready to go by then.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we are getting the rough spots out now and not later in the season.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the topic at hand:

Losing Ryan Clady sucks, but like many of you have stated already, it isn't the end of the world. PFM has made a living making Offensive Linemen look good. He will continue to do so.

I am interested to see how Clark holds up, but I don't expect to see the Broncos leave him on an island. Virgil Green has proven to be a very good blocking TE. I am sure they will utilize him a bit more now.

Very glad we have some decent depth on the O-Line.

And Dreesen will be back shortly, who is/was our best blocking TE.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I understand your thought on this. Kuper is not ready anyway so no reason to go jumping down that path yet. Clark did decent in the preseason and like you said with a TE and RB geared towards helping on his side the Broncos should be fine with protection. It really is just a matter of changing focus of where help is at. Before the help came more towards the right side and up the middle where now it will be on the Left Side. IF I was Gase I would just stick a TE most of the time on Clark's side and tell the TE to chip the pass rusher for the first half of the game every play. By the 2nd half the guy will have been so frustrated with getting hit every time that he will be looking for it even if the TE decides not to chip him. I would then tell Clark that he has inside contain and just make sure the guy doesn't beat you to the inside as he would have outside help to slow the guy down if he decides to go outside.

I would then tell the RB to have inside out contain looking for the blitz up the middle first then working around to help if somebody is coming around the edge. They usually have this anyway but I would have them key towards the left side a little more which is what they do anyway since more of our runs go from left to right to use our best Run Blocker Franklin anyway.

So really in the end all that is changing is the quick chip on the DE/LB by the TE which all that would do is slow down their getting out on their route just that half a second but should help to at least give Clark that extra half a second or more against the rusher.

:agree::suds:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, agreed. Sorry multi-tasking at a superhuman level right now.

We are basically saying the same thing. Clark for now, give him help, adjust the game plan accordingly. If it does not work out, Moving Bedadles seems the best move when Kuper is healthy.

We have a pretty easy schedule until the bye week. Kuper should be ready to go by then.

:agree:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clark cannot handle it without constant help from a TE and/or RB, wth would you want to keep him in there? Going out of a 2 TE or sliding the TE to the left side to help with protection hampers the offense and prevents them from putting their best 11 on the field as much as they want. As I said though, for the near future it is probably going to be Clark, but at some point they need to question whether or not it is their best option and address it if it needs to be.

Like Morph said, you have to see how the easy fixes work first, before moving to more complicated ones. To automatically assume Clark will fail, just because he sits behind a Pro Bowl LT in Clady on the depth chart is overthinking it.

Like I said, if Clark works well at LT, I'd rather stick with him than mess with the chemistry of the entire O-line. So, what if Clark handles his duties well, w/out a whole lot of TE/RB help? You still want to shuffle the whole line around?

I imagine they will have TE help in the game plan for this week, but will also see how Clark handles the position w/out the TE too. If he does crappy, they will need to do some reshuffling. If he plays well enough to protect Manning, there's your fix.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Bronco homer. Blame the guy who actually won you a playoff game, and suck the cock of the INT machine with the most one and outs in NFL history. You'll learn. Sucker.

:wtf2:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Morph said, you have to see how the easy fixes work first, before moving to more complicated ones. To automatically assume Clark will fail, just because he sits behind a Pro Bowl LT in Clady on the depth chart is overthinking it.

Like I said, if Clark works well at LT, I'd rather stick with him than mess with the chemistry of the entire O-line. So, what if Clark handles his duties well, w/out a whole lot of TE/RB help? You still want to shuffle the whole line around?

I imagine they will have TE help in the game plan for this week, but will also see how Clark handles the position w/out the TE too. If he does crappy, they will need to do some reshuffling. If he plays well enough to protect Manning, there's your fix.

I am not sure why you think I am arguing with you and you need to re-read what I said. I said I want them to address it and put their best 5 on the O Line in. If that happens to be Clark, so be it. I have nothing against Clark whatsoever and if he is doing the job and giving the team the best chance to win, then of course I want him in.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. You fail for being a homer and not realizing it yet.

Ryan Clady appears to be regressing | ProFootballTalk

I'm sure the Broncos will be dying to pay him elite LT money after this most recent injury.

Usually I dont type anything terrible on messageboards but stupid fuck Ryan Clady is one of the best tackles in the NFL. Actually watch a game for once and for someone that didnt know he went to Boise St. should just shut the fuck up anyway. Go troll somewhere else assclown. Have a great day!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I dont type anything terrible on messageboards but stupid fuck Ryan Clady is one of the best tackles in the NFL. Actually watch a game for once and for someone that didnt know he went to Boise St. should just shut the fuck up anyway. Go troll somewhere else assclown. Have a great day!!!

Not trolling. OP is my buddy so deal with it.

BTW I see you guys already paid him elite money then he got injured. Yikes. Makes this whole thing even worse.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Rob? Your last several posts could be used as the definition of trolling. Nice try, but fail again.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 time Pro Bowler 2 time 1st team All Pro and a 1 time 2nd team All Pro. Hasnt missed a game for the Broncos in his NFL career so far until now obviously.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 time Pro Bowler 2 time 1st team All Pro and a 1 time 2nd team All Pro. Hasnt missed a game for the Broncos in his NFL career so far until now obviously.

And he's yet another troll placed in the "ignore" list.....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, how do you do that?

1) Click on "User CP" on upper left of screen.

2) Scroll down, click on "Edit Ignore List"

3) Add screen name of troll you wish to ignore in the "Add Member to Your List..." box

4) Click "Okay"

5) Enjoy the peace and quiet

After that, all you'll see is that he/she/it posted, but you won't see their post (unless you want to).

:suds:

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Bronco homer. Blame the guy who actually won you a playoff game, and suck the cock of the INT machine with the most one and outs in NFL history. You'll learn. Sucker.

Trolling at it's finest.

Drop an uninformed bomb: CHECK

Get called out on it: CHECK

Back up the ignorance with more ignorance: CHECK

Get called out on that too: CHECK

Fire back with insults, cursing and more stupidity.....CHECK, CHECK, CHECK.

Classic.

:agree: 100% !

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a blow but with Clark I feel a bit better. Also with Manning, Gibbs and coach Mags I think we'll be ok. That's not to minimize the lose, as I said I think it will hurt especially in three WR set's. Clady was one on one with the best pass rusher on the other side. The playcalling and number of route runners will probably change trying to help that left side keeping someone in especially on long passing situations. It will limit what we do on offense even if only slightly.