• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing that it would taste worse than "honey infused" Nyquil, but I am not going to test it.

Do you guys have Buckley's Mixture down there? The tag line is it tastes awful and it works :D

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys have Buckley's Mixture down there? The tag line is it takes awful and it works :D
If you can drink the urine of a ram you can drink almost anything.

FFS since you have to watch on youtube it starts around the 1:05 mark.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys have Buckley's Mixture down there? The tag line is it tastes awful and it works :D
I don't think so. The Nyquil stuff was pretty bad, but it did indeed work in the sense it got me to sleep.

I have reached the chills and sore throat stage.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a feelings that's what that was. What a great fucking movie.

I might actually watch it again tonight.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you drink your own piss?

Seriously hope you feel better!

What an idiot. Everyone knows you only drink your own piss when you get stung by a jellyfish!

Tomorrow should be fun - antivax in-laws are coming to town. (@forty_three shivers... "at least someone on here is having a worse day than me!" ;) Feel better soon.) We had some emails back and forth during which he told me he is working to live a lifestyle more similar to our ancestors, that their knowledge has been "lost" (then how did he find it?), and that he believes it's his responsibility to share "the truth" with others.

I told him that our ancestors lived to about 37 on average, that modern medicine that has to cope with entirely different levels of human interaction than our ancestors did, and that I am perfectly capable of critically reading information without his help. He's working hard to be in harmony with nature, which I respect. But his harmony apparently doesn't apply to the humans around him and his love of nature extends to not giving his toddler a (poisonous!) Tylenol when he was sick with a temperature near 102.5 because it's not "natural." Bad news - brain damage and death in toddlers is a side effect of natural solutions to severe fevers. He spent all last year not working or on furlough and decimated his retirement because he couldn't put his family at risk. But he goes and plays music festivals on the regular (indoor and outdoor) because, ya know, nobody ever passed a disease to someone else at one of those. He also just got rid of his health insurance for his wife and unvaccinated 3-year old because they don't really believe in doctors anyway and who needs that during a pandemic. It's honestly insane. Was a normal and fun guy like 3 years ago.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I have every movie they’ve ever done on DVD

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many nurses and other health care professionals are we going to lose due to COVID fatigue? If we thought health care was already in trouble due to a lack of nurses, it's not going to get any better down the road.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As well they should. If people can't motivate themselves to do the right thing, you need to motivate them somehow.

Symptom update: Aches persist, but sore throat is better. Fever broke, but the chills were pretty rough until it did. I also am really tired of that little flying squirrel who keeps playing the sitar next to my bed.

I may be using ouzo to induce sleep.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many nurses and other health care professionals are we going to lose due to COVID fatigue? If we thought health care was already in trouble due to a lack of nurses, it's not going to get any better down the road.

They should pay nurses 200% more to keep them from walking.

(I may or may not share a joint account with one)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should pay nurses 200% more to keep them from walking.

(I may or may not share a joint account with one)
Don't know how well nurses get paid in Canada, but in the US, I'd stop that sentence at "They should pay nurses 200% more."

Unless they're very specialized (e.g., nurse anesthetist), nurses are criminally underpaid for the work they do.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIjZS3QXsAA9Mfp

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how well nurses get paid in Canada, but in the US, I'd stop that sentence at "They should pay nurses 200% more."

Unless they're very specialized (e.g., nurse anesthetist), nurses are criminally underpaid for the work they do.
That is why a lot of nurses are "traveling" and work at hospitals for a short period time at a hospital. They get paid more as part of their short-term contracts but is burden since they leave and the cycle/ramp-up continues. So this stresses the resident nurses even more as they are required to train and support.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They do alright. Not uncommon to make six figures here sometime between 5-10 years into their careers without OT, and under a regular workload they’re pretty happy to do so. Great amount of vacation time too. All in all, in regular times, I wouldn’t feel too bad for them in that regard.

But the burnout from the past few years is real and attrition is becoming a serious issue to the point where even getting paid a decent amount isn’t enough for a lot of them, and I cannot blame them at all. The first wave and in particular the one that hit last winter absolutely fucked my wife up.

Thankfully the last two months have been incredibly quiet where she works, the ICU is pretty empty in terms of Covid patients, the unit doesn’t seem to be as short of staff as they were last year (she used to get 3 calls/texts a night offering OT, now she gets a few a week), and they sent a lot of the out-of-town long Covid patients from places with small hospitals back where they came from. It was nice to see her so happy and at peace during Christmas.