• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The crazy thing to me is that I believe Americans do care about others (as far as donating to charities are concerned, Americans are more generous per capita than Canadians). The whole wearing of masks debate is just lunacy to me, it has to be one of the easiest things you can do to protect other people.
I went to the Richmond Costco yesterday instead of downtown, basically because I thought the mask wearing would be more common.
Sure enough it was only old white people (and a few 20ish bros) who didn't mask up.

And in true costco fashion, I didn't get the one thing I went for, but still spent $200.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in true costco fashion, I didn't get the one thing I went for, but still spent $200.

you wouldnt buy chance have noticed if they had any tommy bahama beach chairs in stock, would you ? :yo:

/dont tell me u bought the last 2 :gaah:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a wonderful, wonderful tweet from Copenhagen :D

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but some of the basics that Americans support with donations are taken care of by Canada. There are no "GoFundMe" to protect people from bankruptcy due medical bills up there.
So much this. In a prior job we had several "voluntary" corporate sponsored charities for which it was...recommended...that we contribute. We had a guy who had recently transferred from Sweden on staff and he got asked why he didn't contribute his recommended amount. He had the hardest time understanding why we needed to do donations for all of this stuff because the idea of charities - especially religious ones - having to help with medical bills, childcare, or food banks was such an odd concept to him instead of having social programs for it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much this. In a prior job we had several "voluntary" corporate sponsored charities for which it was...recommended...that we contribute. We had a guy who had recently transferred from Sweden on staff and he got asked why he didn't contribute his recommended amount. He had the hardest time understanding why we needed to do donations for all of this stuff because the idea of charities - especially religious ones - having to help with medical bills, childcare, or food banks was such an odd concept to him instead of having social programs for it.
The first time my American wife mentioned a co-pay I thought she was describing some medical procedure I had never heard of lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense.

I mean, yeah, kind of, as weird as it seems. The building wouldn't be as densely packed as a restaurant might, and you can wear a mask during that, uh, process, while you couldn't while eating and drinking, needing access to your mouth. Fewer people, and masks on everyone, is significantly lower risk than more people, and masks being either off or moved to eat and drink.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bukake parlours still closed in TO im guessing :thumb:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, yeah, kind of, as weird as it seems. The building wouldn't be as densely packed as a restaurant might, and you can wear a mask during that, uh, process, while you couldn't while eating and drinking, needing access to your mouth. Fewer people, and masks on everyone, is significantly lower risk than more people, and masks being either off or moved to eat and drink.
“Masks on everyone” yeah I don’t think that’s something that’s being followed to the letter at a rub. Kind of hard to charge for a prettier girl when all you can see of her are her eyes lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Masks on everyone” yeah I don’t think that’s something that’s being followed to the letter at a rub. Kind of hard to charge for a prettier girl when all you can see of her are her eyes lol
They make clear masks to allow hard-of-hearing people to lip read. There are workarounds.

Also, decent chance if you're paying for that particular service, in the midst of a pandemic, not seeing the lower half of her face isn't going to be the deal-breaker.

If they're being asked to not wear masks, that's deeply irresponsible, and they should be shut down for violating their workers' rights.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make clear masks to allow hard-of-hearing people to lip read. There are workarounds.

Also, decent chance if you're paying for that particular service, in the midst of a pandemic, not seeing the lower half of her face isn't going to be the deal-breaker.

If they're being asked to not wear masks, that's deeply irresponsible, and they should be shut down for violating their workers' rights.
Yes, those massage parlors who are definitely employing legal residents who weren’t smuggled into the country in a sea can should definitely be shut down.

But if human trafficking wasn’t enough to do so the lack of mask protection probably isn’t gonna be the ticket, either lol.

Anyway, if a restaurant separates the tables further apart then I don’t really get why outside is okay but inside isn’t.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, those massage parlors who are definitely employing legal residents who weren’t smuggled into the country in a sea can should definitely be shut down.

But if human trafficking wasn’t enough to do so the lack of mask protection probably isn’t gonna be the ticket, either lol.

Anyway, if a restaurant separates the tables further apart then I don’t really get why outside is okay but inside isn’t.
Outside is less dangerous than inside because air exchanges more rapidly/effectively, reducing the likelihood of a person contacting an infectious viral load. Unless the air handling system in the restaurant is designed to sanitize (which, almost universally, it won't be), the virus will hang around longer in larger density indoors than outdoors.

I assumed since the parlors were licensed, there was a measure of government regulation on their hiring. I would think if they had to register the service with the government, they would have to be above-board with who worked there, how they were hired, and basic worker protections.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside is less dangerous than inside because air exchanges more rapidly/effectively, reducing the likelihood of a person contacting an infectious viral load. Unless the air handling system in the restaurant is designed to sanitize (which, almost universally, it won't be), the virus will hang around longer in larger density indoors than outdoors.

I assumed since the parlors were licensed, there was a measure of government regulation on their hiring. I would think if they had to register the service with the government, they would have to be above-board with who worked there, how they were hired, and basic worker protections.
I understand that, but if community transmission is low or non-existent and you’re spacing the tables you’re probably not contributing to mass spread. At least not any more than at a tug.

And yeah, no, these places are corrupt as hell lol

This woman survived 10 years of sex trafficking. She says city isn't doing enough to stop it | CBC News

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
you wouldnt buy chance have noticed if they had any tommy bahama beach chairs in stock, would you ? :yo:

/dont tell me u bought the last 2 :gaah:
didn't check. not allowed to buy anything furniture related :thumb:
they had a ton of TP now though.