• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now there's a surprise.

I think I might have a heart attack and die from that surprise.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to protest, fine.
You feel strongly, and want to express your frustration, you can.
Personally, I would have picked a spot with more visibility and presence than our usually quiet hospital street, especially since most of us at the hospital are vaccinated. And those that aren’t are admitted fighting for their lives.
I doubt you will accomplish your goal of having a tide of change.

But, today, with protesting at our hospital, this is what you have done:
- made some of my nursing colleagues cry
- blocked ambulances from being able to access the ER
- taken up parking spots so that labouring moms and ER patients have to walk further
- distressed my delirious confused elderly patients with the loud honking horns
- brought family members of critically ill patients to tears
- disrupted grieving families hoping to arrive for a peaceful good bye to their dying loved ones

Overall, in addition to, hopefully unintentionally, disturbing patients and families trying to survive and heal from illnesses- both covid and non-covid- you have accomplished another thing.
You have made us feel deeply disrespected.
We were working hard long before the pandemic. We miss out on sleep, emptying bladders, meals, life to serve. Our nurses and staff are stellar- and they are burning out. Morale is low. Tensions are high. Beds are full.
But we wake up. Tired. We show up. Discouraged. We work more than our required time. Because our patients need it. I’m halfway through 3 weeks of continuous work. I do it because I made a commitment to care for my patients. Often at the expense of my own well-being. Just like my colleagues.

We are caring for others.
All day. Every day.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thread goes on for a while but part 6 is telling:

6) As a reminder, maker of human ivermectin Merck has also completely disavowed the drug.
@Merck is no saint - and for even them to disavow ivermectin for #COVID19 - let that sink in!!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people actually voted for this clown over Rachel Notley.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^loli fucked that up and removed the caption on the winnie the pooh pics … “who you gonna call?”

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. I had one of these. All three of my kids have them. And I wasn't aware that the paper had GPS tracking capability.
Immunization-Record-2.jpg

Theo is, and I cannot stress this enough, an imbecile.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theo should be given a timeout from twitter (at a minimum, his tweets should be flagged for containing misinformation).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait we just tell them if they get COVID they would turn gay and voilà they wear masks.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ As L7 said in the song "Pretend We're Dead":

"They're neither moral nor majority"

The son of their founder pays people to fuck his wife so he can watch. Every one of the Falwells can die in a fire.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article in the Post today about two towns with different approaches to schools. It reads...

For many people in Clarion (Pennsylvania), the mask symbolizes a capitulation to what they believe to be hysteria over a pandemic whose dangers they say are hyped up by the government and the media. In Alexandria (Virginia), the masks represent an effective and evidence-based safety measure. Far from fighting mask mandates, some parents are nervous that they won’t be enforced stringently enough. They want more social distancing, especially during lunch, and they have called for a quick implementation of routine coronavirus testing.
So how did these two communities, facing the same deadly threat, come to such different conclusions about what should be done about the pandemic?

I stopped reading the article at this moment and googled some demographic data. Yup. 66% of Alexandria residents have a college degree while only 22% of those in Clarion do. I'm sure there are other subtle factors, but this essentially boils down to smart jurisdictions vs. stupid ones. Not that you have to have a college degree to be intelligent, but it's clearly an indicator, especially on a macro scale.

And wouldn't you know it, despite a dense urban setting with an international airport, Alexandria has fewer cases per 100K than a dispersed rural community. Go figure.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article in the Post today about two towns with different approaches to schools. It reads...

For many people in Clarion (Pennsylvania), the mask symbolizes a capitulation to what they believe to be hysteria over a pandemic whose dangers they say are hyped up by the government and the media. In Alexandria (Virginia), the masks represent an effective and evidence-based safety measure. Far from fighting mask mandates, some parents are nervous that they won’t be enforced stringently enough. They want more social distancing, especially during lunch, and they have called for a quick implementation of routine coronavirus testing.
So how did these two communities, facing the same deadly threat, come to such different conclusions about what should be done about the pandemic?

I stopped reading the article at this moment and googled some demographic data. Yup. 66% of Alexandria residents have a college degree while only 22% of those in Clarion do. I'm sure there are other subtle factors, but this essentially boils down to smart jurisdictions vs. stupid ones. Not that you have to have a college degree to be intelligent, but it's clearly an indicator, especially on a macro scale.

And wouldn't you know it, despite a dense urban setting with an international airport, Alexandria has fewer cases per 100K than a dispersed rural community. Go figure.
Even though Clarion is a University town it is smack dab in the middle of the Red "T" of PA.