• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished a 3-week road trip across the country. I can't tell you how much easier it was in the blue states having a standard protocol (even as someone fully vaccinated) than some of the red states where you have some people wearing masks, some without, and even a few giving you weird or rude looks if you wore a mask.

It was pretty shocking coming from a place where usage is pretty regular (and infection rates are super low...weird) to seeing large crowded spaces and full restaurants in Tennessee with NOBODY wearing a mask and knowing even thinking about 6-foot distancing. Texas was easily the worst in terms of people giving you dirty looks for wearing a mask. There are a lot of dumb states out there... but I don't think anyone combines dumb and asshole quite as well as Texas does. Fuck Dallas.
We just finished a two week road trip that saw us go through both Texas and Tennessee also. The worst we saw was actually Georgia.

We didn't spend a lot of time in TX (well, as little as you can when you have to drive across that fucking place) or TN so my sample size was probably smaller, but even just passing through GA with bathroom and food stops, the difference was stunning. And this was even fairly close to Atlanta instead of way out in the sticks. Then again given how little their governor did, I shouldn't be surprised.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm signed up for the single dose Bill Gates 5G tracking chip implant on Sunday.

GF had the Moderna a couple months ago (she qualified in a different group from me) and echoed that dose 2 was about 5x worse than dose 1. Thankfully it only lasted about 36 hours.
Update: I got my jab. Felt fine other than some minor pain in the arm until about 4:00 this morning (about 17 hours after). Now I'm wide awake and feel like I got hit by a truck.

Civic duty kinda feels like a raw deal right now (FWIW, reasonably certain I had Covid near the start, but it was when testing wasn't widely available yet, so I was never confirmed). But I'm in it for the greater good.

1575570.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Update: I got my jab. Felt fine other than some minor pain in the arm until about 4:00 this morning (about 17 hours after). Now I'm wide awake and feel like I got hit by a truck.

Civic duty kinda feels like a raw deal right now (FWIW, reasonably certain I had Covid near the start, but it was when testing wasn't widely available yet, so I was never confirmed). But I'm in it for the greater good.

View attachment 269976
yeah, i got mine of friday afternoon. (first jab, AZ)
saturday morning felt mostly just achy, and then it just fucking hit me in the afternoon.
felt like i went three rounds with Tyson.
then the nausua set in. Sunday was a write off as well.
feel pretty good today though, other than tired

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i got mine of friday afternoon. (first jab, AZ)
saturday morning felt mostly just achy, and then it just fucking hit me in the afternoon.
felt like i went three rounds with Tyson.
then the nausua set in. Sunday was a write off as well.
feel pretty good today though, other than tired
Sounds very similar to what I went through.

Tough day and a bit.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife got hers thursday, and was "a bit tired"
so now she thinks I'm a drama queen lol
Mine kept comparing my complaints to when she had COVID.

"Man, I feel woozy"
"Is it like when..."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully vaccinated now, got the Moderna. The first shot really nothing but a little arm pain and just got the second on Saturday. Really no issues except a little drowsy and today no issues at all.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just finished a two week road trip that saw us go through both Texas and Tennessee also. The worst we saw was actually Georgia.

We didn't spend a lot of time in TX (well, as little as you can when you have to drive across that fucking place) or TN so my sample size was probably smaller, but even just passing through GA with bathroom and food stops, the difference was stunning. And this was even fairly close to Atlanta instead of way out in the sticks. Then again given how little their governor did, I shouldn't be surprised.
Yeah GA is really a crap shoot and from what I am being told by all my co-workers there it is exactly as you stated.
What is funny one of my co-workers told me he was in Milledgeville fully expecting to see no one with masks and prepared to get in a fight about wearing a mask. It was the total opposite he saw more people wearing masks there than he did around his house in Alpharetta. Granted as he said Alpharetta is not a bastion of blue as some think it is.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully vaccinated now, got the Moderna. The first shot really nothing but a little arm pain and just got the second on Saturday. Really no issues except a little drowsy and today no issues at all.
I forgot to add the 5G reception on my cell is through the roof now! :D :tinfoil3:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they got to know you at all at the vaccination site - it's possible they just gave you a placebo.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah GA is really a crap shoot and from what I am being told by all my co-workers there it is exactly as you stated.
What is funny one of my co-workers told me he was in Milledgeville fully expecting to see no one with masks and prepared to get in a fight about wearing a mask. It was the total opposite he saw more people wearing masks there than he did around his house in Alpharetta. Granted as he said Alpharetta is not a bastion of blue as some think it is.
Yeah, the Atlanta suburbs are only just starting to get a little more purple. Really, once you're outside the loop it's like being in a whole different place.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Atlanta suburbs are only just starting to get a little more purple. Really, once you're outside the loop it's like being in a whole different place.

Georgia is funny like that - I visited Helen, Georgia which is a little Bavaria tourist town and then also went down to Savannah and Tybee Island which was really cool.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia is funny like that - I visited Helen, Georgia which is a little Bavaria tourist town and then also went down to Savannah and Tybee Island which was really cool.
Savannah and Tybee are some very cool areas. Stayed on Tybee 3 times and been to Savannah quite a few times.
Some interesting hiking around Savannah if you like to see wildlife, namely alligators. :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's inexcusable that we didn't lock down international travel (like New Zealand did) much earlier.

ko91thzo_1c4jyr4_17wiznp.png