• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dub. The vaccine isn't effective unless you immediately return to behaviors exactly as they were pre-COVID.

Have a 60-person BBBQ this weekend. They extra B is for BYOBB.
I was going to say just go into your nearest Convenience store and cough in everyone's face that asks you to wear a mask. :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had second shot 2 weeks ago. Pfizer.

Had an odd reaction to first. The following night, I had a burning in my armpit, same side as shot. Lasted over night and went away. Very strange sensation, but upon some googling, I guess it was lymph nodes doing there thing.

Now I can burn all of my masks, right?
My arm hurts like hell where the shot went in and I am super tired, but haven't had any other side effects. How did your second one go? Some people I know say they got sick upon receiving Pfizer 2.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My arm hurts like hell where the shot went in and I am super tired, but haven't had any other side effects. How did your second one go? Some people I know say they got sick upon receiving Pfizer 2.
Sore arm for both if I touched the area near Injection. After second was a bit tired the following day, nothing a good nap couldn’t fix.
Besides burning in armpit after first, not much. I know of two other people, who are sisters, who also had armpit burning sensation.

overall neither wasn’t much, but I’m thinking it better than getting COVID

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sore arm for both if I touched the area near Injection. After second was a bit tired the following day, nothing a good nap couldn’t fix.
Besides burning in armpit after first, not much. I know of two other people, who are sisters, who also had armpit burning sensation.

overall neither wasn’t much, but I’m thinking it better than getting COVID
I was achy, sore, and had cold spells for a day or so after my second Pfizer shot. I was fatigued for another day or so. Odd thing was I felt fine for about 28 hours after the shot. Was not a fun couple of days, but better than getting Covid and possibly having long term effects.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better than getting COVID

but better than getting Covid and possibly having long term effects.
After watching the missus go through it, I completely agree.

Gotta say I was pretty impressed with the organization of it. It was in OSU's old basketball arena. You go in one end, check in, get shot, go to observation and exit the the next doors up from where you go in. One lap of the concourse. Only problem was the dude in front who stopped and looked at every picture in the place and created huge gaps in the line. Nationa Guard had to tell him like six times to get a move on.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dub. The vaccine isn't effective unless you immediately return to behaviors exactly as they were pre-COVID.

Have a 60-person BBBQ this weekend. They extra B is for BYOBB.
530179.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
excellent article on side effects

Now I can burn all of my masks, right?
not sure when I would go back to not wearing a mask in stores and public places.
It's not much of an inconvenience, and I haven't had a cold or flu all year either.
I might stay a hermit, too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure when I would go back to not wearing a mask in stores and public places.
It's not much of an inconvenience, and I haven't had a cold or flu all year either.
I might stay a hermit, too.

I think you're going to see a real change in the workplace if/when people return to the office. I think the "Oh what a warrior" for coming into the office when you're obviously sick is going to flip to "Hey idiot, stay home"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're going to see a real change in the workplace if/when people return to the office. I think the "Oh what a warrior" for coming into the office when you're obviously sick is going to flip to "Hey idiot, stay home"
Yup.

Where I work, we have a group of middle managers who have always said people working from home are less productive and refused to let people do it often (fortunately my boss was never that way). We lost a lot of good people to fully remote work. And it created this culture you are describing where people came in to work when really sick so they would be seen by the bosses.

This year has been the most productive year we've seen since I have been there. I actually expect my company to contract a building and move to more full WFH for some groups.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yup.

Where I work, we have a group of middle managers who have always said people working from home are less productive and refused to let people do it often (fortunately my boss was never that way). We lost a lot of good people to fully remote work. And it created this culture you are describing where people came in to work when really sick so they would be seen by the bosses.

This year has been the most productive year we've seen since I have been there. I actually expect my company to contract a building and move to more full WFH for some groups.
my company put a hold on raises (normally in December) due to economic uncertainty.
they just released excellent Q1 results a couple of weeks ago, and on the zoom call, the moment the CEO applauded the results, the chat exploded with "what about our fucking raises!", must have been 100 times.
he did give the right answer, fortunately.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around the house too. Even though we are both vaccinated my wife wants me to continue wearing a mask at home. She must really care about my health.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The independent auditor general says you were wrong. You were wrong. Many were. There’s evidence that throughout the government warnings and fire projections were being sounded and they were all ignored. If you can’t accept that you shouldn’t be leading the national response.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to find out today that my wife is now scheduled for her first shot. Jumped the queue a few decades due to her asthma.

I have to wait another month or two.