• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago bears official page

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Bear Nation travels well..
But fans chanting Green Bay sucks is nice too..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:

Chris Williams' days in Chicago are numbered. The former first round pick has been a bust considering he was drafted to be the LT of the future. Here is what I don't get. I actually thought Williams played admirably last season at LG? Even a bit of "nasty" in him at times. Our run game was pretty awesome last year, and the line seemed to be finally gelling before Cutty went down. So, was Williams' first round salary the reason he couldn't stay at LG? I mean, Spencer failed there miserably this year, (which, btw, I thought he did alright last year at RG) and we are now onto 49er castoff, Rachal, all while our former first rounder rides the pine? Now I know this kid hasn't lived up to his billing, but why switch things up, when the unit was playing good ball last year? Have they tried to re-negotiate his contract, and the dumbshit won't budge?? They preach about continuity, but play musical o-line all season....somebody is being a jerk-off in this negotiation.

12, 13 days?? I think the Bears failed this kid, as much as he failed us. Hopefully the Angelo days are over, and this kid doesn't go on to be a start elsewhere.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears bring back Zac Bowman....he's a decent special teamer.

05_25_2010ditka.jpg

LOL....Happy Birthday Coach

Huge game Mon. Nite....been a loooong Bye Week.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love hearing the chants of "let's go Bears!!" week after week on the road. Loved hearing the chants today of, "Green Bay sucks!!" even more. Classic.
What I think is classic is how concerned the Bears fans have to be about GB.
I guess your 2 game lead in the North is cause for concern.
Talk about obsession.

Speaking of road games like home - I was @ Soldier field once = >40% Green & Gold.
That was cool.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we havent proved much on offfense this season, but Defense is great. the offense is getting better though. i know alot of people esspecially packers fans are saying we havent played anyone tough. we have played desperate teams though. and all the teams in the NFL are NFL teams not division II college teams. and we have managed to find ways to close games, something we arent really used to. think about it how many games did we lose by 3 points or less the last 10 years? alot! now we are winning those close ones, and we are getting used to scoring on defense, and alot of injuries to our rivals are affecting thier defenses, in the past that was happening to us. i think if we can be steady and stay healthy we have as good of a chance as anyone. i read today we have 6 TDs on defense thats on trac to be better than the 85 Bears who had 5 all season. Tim Jennings is playing lights out and tillman good. we now have safeties who can tackle and cover, Urlacher is just now getting warmed up after missing preseason. good things here.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are 26-9 in Cutler's last 35 starts. Claiming that this team is some kind of fluke with a sample size that large (much of which came with a worse team) is just stupid. Let them bitch all they want, but at the end of the day, the Bears will be competing with San Fran and Atlanta for the #1 seed in the NFC.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna sound like a broken record here.

Run the fucking ball Tice. Give Forte 18 carries, Bush 12 carries. I Guarantee we score at least 24 points every game on Offense. What I'm saying is, if the Bears run the ball 30 times a game, they will be the best team in the NFL.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna sound like a broken record here.

Run the fucking ball Tice. Give Forte 18 carries, Bush 12 carries. I Guarantee we score at least 24 points every game on Offense. What I'm saying is, if the Bears run the ball 30 times a game, they will be the best team in the NFL.

I agree. That said, it's all predicated on first down production. If you are in 2nd and long all day, it's tough to have a big number of carries. IMO, the bottom "line" is this o-line. (pun intended) The playcalling can always be second-guessed, but the circumstances of the game, too-often dictate the playcalling. Execution of said calls is what's needed, particularly from this very inconsistent O-line.

Also, our WR core is still marginal. Marshall is a complete beast...a top 5 WR, but it falls off dramatically from there (particularly, sans Jeffrey). These two issues are why our O stalls. O-line is below average, and our receiving core consists of B. Marsh. Period.

The o-line is a definite concern going forward. Our 2 tackles look awful thus far.

Hope the Bears take care of biz tomorrow.....GO BEARS!!!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no question the Tackles are pretty awful. The thing is when they do run the ball on 1st down they've had some decent success. Unless they find two new Tackles things aren't going to change. You can call plays to help those tackles out though. Screens, draws, and just maintaining a threat of the run will help them out. And for GOD FUCKING SAKES, quit emptying the backfield.

As I am typing this, it is half time of the Tennessee game. Up by 26 at half and Cutler has still dropped back 3 more times than the bears have run the ball. Forte is averaging 6.9 ypc. It doesn't take a genius to see what the bears need to do.

Last drive of the half, forte and bush got the ball down to the Tennessee 20. Next play, they empty the fucking backfield, the D-line pins it's ears back and forces a cutler fumble.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no question the Tackles are pretty awful. The thing is when they do run the ball on 1st down they've had some decent success. Unless they find two new Tackles things aren't going to change. You can call plays to help those tackles out though. Screens, draws, and just maintaining a threat of the run will help them out. And for GOD FUCKING SAKES, quit emptying the backfield.

As I am typing this, it is half time of the Tennessee game. Up by 26 at half and Cutler has still dropped back 3 more times than the bears have run the ball. Forte is averaging 6.9 ypc. It doesn't take a genius to see what the bears need to do.

Last drive of the half, forte and bush got the ball down to the Tennessee 20. Next play, they empty the fucking backfield, the D-line pins it's ears back and forces a cutler fumble.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Now that WAS a dumb playcall. The last thing the Bears needed to do at that point was give Tenn. some glimmer of hope. I woulda em rather just run the clock out then do that shit. Same with the Safety...it is OK to punt the ball in those situations....both bad calls.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Positives.

Our D is without a doubt the best in the League. Best stopping the run (I know it doesn't reflect in the stats after the garbage time 80yd Johnson run yesterday), best forcing turnovers, best pass efficiency D. Forte could be a pro bowler if he gets the chance, as could Marshall if Cutler can get through the season. This team is playing hard but there are glaring deficiencies, which could be less glaring ( I think I've made my opinion known on those).

I shit you not, I was just fuming for most of the game yesterday, that we won by 31. So, yeah, I should probably look at the positives a little more.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - no question you have a great defense. Very good runners too.
But isn't that the same old song & dance?
Yes the record with Cutler is good, but so what?
He still hasn't done it when it matters most. The fact is he's proven to be average at best.
Then again, what other choice do you have? You don't have one.
Now - I'm not sayin' they won't take the division. they might go 14-2. What I'm saying is: "So what?"
10-6 ending up 13-6 is WAY better than 15-1 ending up 15-2. I know from experience.

I still not sure Lovie has ever gotten over his original number one goal: Beating GB.
Now that rivalry is 2nd to none, but:
It's only 2 games! [sometimes 3] Why not focus on being a consistant winner in the post-season?

As a Packers fan I hope Cutler recovers from his concussion soon so they can continue to put the major responsibility for winning squarely on his shoulders.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - no question you have a great defense. Very good runners too.
But isn't that the same old song & dance?
Yes the record with Cutler is good, but so what?
He still hasn't done it when it matters most. The fact is he's proven to be average at best.
Then again, what other choice do you have? You don't have one.
Now - I'm not sayin' they won't take the division. they might go 14-2. What I'm saying is: "So what?"
10-6 ending up 13-6 is WAY better than 15-1 ending up 15-2. I know from experience.

I still not sure Lovie has ever gotten over his original number one goal: Beating GB.
Now that rivalry is 2nd to none, but:
It's only 2 games! [sometimes 3] Why not focus on being a consistant winner in the post-season?

As a Packers fan I hope Cutler recovers from his concussion soon so they can continue to put the major responsibility for winning squarely on his shoulders.

:stfu:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time to see the rookie Evan Rodriguez.

There is just something missing with Kellen Davis.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just become resigned to the fact that we need to score at least 1 td on D to win most games. I think I've made my main concern with the offense quite clear. If cutler misses a few games, it might be the best thing for this offense. We will definitely run the ball now, but it will almost surely be against stacked boxes 90% of the time. It was just a matter of time with the amount of drop backs and lack of protection for Cutler to get hurt.

I don't see this team winning in the playoffs unless (sick of saying and typing his name) pulls his head out of his ass. Or unless we get a Tennessee type performance from defense and special teams. That's pretty sad when you got Forte, Cutler and Marshall.