• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago bears official page

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Too bad about Forte..
I think that pretty much put a fork in Bears chances.
Too bad too, the offense was kicking ass.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...I've had a full day to calm down and speak objectively.

THAT. WAS. PATHETIC.

Everybody is gonna wanna hang Hanie...Roy Williams...etc....I say this loss lies squarely on the O-line. I know at least a few of the sacks were on Hanie and/or the receivers, but KC had a grand total of 13 sacks coming into that game...the worst in the league. They had over half their season's total against us?! Pathetic. Lance Louis quickly erased any memory I had of that awesome effort the week prior. I dunno if he is injured or what, but giving up 5 sacks by yourself, is inexcusable.

Regarding Roy Williams' bobble at the goal line....first off, that was the first time he was targeted by Hanie ALL DAY!? This was late in the 2nd half? Secondly, it's tough enough to catch a ball, when a defender flashes in front at the last second...IMO, the ball was thrown into quadruple-coverage...how is this a good decision? Even if it was deadly accurate, I still question the decision by the QB. Roy Williams has not been a disappointment to me, cuz I never expected him to be Calvin Johnson or someone of the likes....he gets alot of flack, and I myself, hated him when he was in Detroit, but I think our offense is much better when he's on the field and healthy. (possibly more of an indictment against the rest of our WR's than a celebration of Roy) but better nonetheless. He is possibly our best blocking WR, and our offense stretches the field better when he's on it. I know its a popular opinion to lynch Roy, but I think everyone's expectations were too high to begin with.

Sunday's game was super-irritating, and the officiating contributed to it. From the refs talking Haley out of challenging, to the flat-out refusal to call holding against KC's o-line. Peppers was held pretty bad on the stupid Hail Mary....and pretty much every other down. I wanna see more Kahlil Bell.

This team really needs to step it up around Hanie. He looked awful, save for about 3 plays. His dropback seems slow? Either way, the O-line has to play muuuch better. I worry about Denver's D with this putrid Offense. Caleb Henzel needs to step it up quick, or we are sunk.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, BearDown, but loss is on Hanie. He had open receivers for much of the day and simply couldn't hit them. The O-Line was bad, don't get me wrong, but Hanie was worse. Also, Chris Conte should be ashamed for that play on the Hail Mary. You need to trust that your teammate knows what he is doing and is catching the ball for a reason. Urlacher made the right play to catch the ball because there was a Chiefs player in front of him. Conte's lack of trust was shameful and led directly to the TD. Hanie, Conte, and Williams are in my doghouse this week.

One more loss to anybody but Green Bay and it's time to look forward to 2012. All because of a stupid thumb injury. God, it is frustrating.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never was a Cutler fan,but he was doing a good job it's a shame he broke his thumb,make the playoffs and he might be back in time to help,,,good luck,,,,knock out the pack

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, BearDown, but loss is on Hanie. He had open receivers for much of the day and simply couldn't hit them. The O-Line was bad, don't get me wrong, but Hanie was worse. Also, Chris Conte should be ashamed for that play on the Hail Mary. You need to trust that your teammate knows what he is doing and is catching the ball for a reason. Urlacher made the right play to catch the ball because there was a Chiefs player in front of him. Conte's lack of trust was shameful and led directly to the TD. Hanie, Conte, and Williams are in my doghouse this week.

One more loss to anybody but Green Bay and it's time to look forward to 2012. All because of a stupid thumb injury. God, it is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong smart...Hanie was putrid, and is looking less and less like an NFL QB. But its the kids second start? The offensive line, and the rest of the team for that matter, need to elevate their play around him in support. Hanie needs to trust his receivers, but then again, can you blame him? Our core doesn't exactly inspire faith. Williams has to catch that ball, but its a ball that's dropped more than caught by most NFL receivers IMO. Just based on circumstances... A point-blank bullet, with 4 defenders draped around him in the redzone, sounds like a tip-drill waiting to happen. Again, gotta make the catch, but I get it, too, and still say it was an iffy decision. The offense was offensive, and most the blame goes on Hanie and the o-line, but I'd venture to say that the O-line may have played their worst game of the year IMO. Can't have that, with a backup making his second start.

All I know, is if they can't collectively play better, they will struggle to win another game.

P.S. Conte totally effed up that Hail Mary. Urlacher shoulda had his 4th pick of the season. All in all, I like what I've seen from the rook this year tho.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frustrating is an understatement. I'm not sure there's a word to describe it. After last years heartbreak, only to follow with this. It wouldn't hurt so bad, if I didn't feel they had a chance, but both this year and last, I felt we had legitimate shots...both gone awry...all while the practically perfect in every way (gag) Packers dominate. Itsa nightmare.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to find it really hard to root for the Bears if Lovie Smith continues to be the coach. After this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this, you'd think he'd learn that playing a prevent at the end of the game where you are conceding ten yards passes to your opponents is insanely stupid. He hasn't, and the past repeated itself today. This effectively ended our season, and it came after one of the most dominating defensive efforts to date before we started the prevent. Congrats, Lovie. You are one year away from wasting away the entire Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman/Hester window.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to find it really hard to root for the Bears if Lovie Smith continues to be the coach. After this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this, you'd think he'd learn that playing a prevent at the end of the game where you are conceding ten yards passes to your opponents is insanely stupid. He hasn't, and the past repeated itself today. This effectively ended our season, and it came after one of the most dominating defensive efforts to date before we started the prevent. Congrats, Lovie. You are one year away from wasting away the entire Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman/Hester window.

Well put. fml

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said....Barber, Barber, Barber...wtff (what the fucking fuck?)

Stay in bounds, and the game's over. Fall down and hold onto the ball in OT, and Gould wins it.

But I completely agree with you smart...why do you continually go to the soft zone with leads, to end games? Going away from your base D that fucking dominated the entire game??!! Nothing more irritating then to see Zac Bowman on the field in crunch time after playing nothing but special teams the whole day. Every completion...35's there to touch him down. Unreal, that you'd take away such a great effort by the D, by going to the GD prevent defense time and time again?? Some irritating shit.

fucking killing me smalls...

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 1 catch every other game will be sorely missed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the latest on knox fellas ? I feel bad the guy

They say the surgery was a success. I would fucking retire if it were me..fuck that....that hit was as nasty as I've ever seen. Makes me cringe watching it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Lance Briggs, Brian Urlacher, Charles Tillman, Matt Forte, and Corey Graham on making the Pro Bowl. It was especially awesome to see Peanut make it after all of the near misses.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, 49ers fan here, Glad that Urlacher doesn't need surgery on his MCL and PCL after that awkward as hell landing on his knee. I saw that out here in Los Angeles, after they switched from the Saints blow out to follow the chance of Allen taking the record.

That was the one of the most painful situations I've ever seen, I can't even imagine how much that'd suck to have a 200 lb guy land on my shoulders and force me into the splits while pushing my upper torso into the dirt.... ouch...

Anyway, before the 49ers got Willis, Urlacher was my favorite MLB.. glad he's OK, injuries robbed us of enough of his outstanding play, glad this was just a minor blimp on the radar.

99686_Bears_Vikings_Football.jpg

I think this picture makes it looks nicer than it actually was from the TV cameras

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this picture makes it looks nicer than it actually was from the TV cameras

totally. The Metrodome was as quiet as I've ever heard it. That says a ton. Good fans, knowing when respect is due.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! They fired Angelo!!

I have mixed feeling about this? Lemme explain. First off, it screams rebuild. I think our core has 2 good years left in em'. Secondly, I'm ok with it, UNLESS they just plan on sliding Tim Ruskell into that spot. If that's the case, gimme Angelo ANY day of the week. Seattle hasn't exactly lit things up over the course of the last decade. 3rd, I worry that newly anointed George McCaskey may be an emotional cat, and this could be a red flag for future "knee-jerk" business moves. (Although, I'll take a "knee-jerk" No. 1 WR signing;-) One has to wonder if Lovie's days are numbered? He's signed thru 2013, but whoever steps in as GM, wasn't the one who agreed to that.

Dave Toub is a FA coach now as well. He is meeting with the Dolphins, in hopes of a head-coaching job. THE BEARS CANNOT LET HIM GO. This guy will be an excellent coach some day. He's unequivocally the Special Teams coach in the NFL. His teams always excel, are always prepared, and are literally the definition of consistent. I would love to see him as a Bears head coach some day.

Well...hope everyone had a great xmas and New Years. This season has been a tough one to swallow.

Here's to the draft.